Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Freelander - Apnoe (CD) ~SYNERGETIC RECORDS~ 2005
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Freelander - Apnoe (CD) ~SYNERGETIC RECORDS~ 2005

***Sideffect***
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  36
Posted : May 19, 2006 19:43
SYNERGETIC RECORDS
Freelander:
Apnoe (CD)

1. Bigeye Jack
2. Bash Boom Bay
3. Liquid Lander
4. Pink Paris
5. Smovexicate
6. Astra
7. Push the beat back
8. Sundance
9. Beamer

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/syn/syn1cd013.html

Freelander, what to write about freelander, problems I could write a thousand pages about how fabulous this release is, at the other hand when I start writing I seem to fail cause to be honest freelander is very simple goa what doesn’t mean it’s bad,
Ok start analyzing then what else

This is pure one layer trance, well we had in old skool the concept morning trance and within that; subtle artist appeared like California sunshine who almost used one layer above the baseline but strong and very well present… Present enough it satisfied you to keep the album going, problem well problem, call it a fact, the level of psychedelic lowers down, same here freelander isn’t that psychedelic, you don’t hear little sounds coming from everywhere, suddenly, predictable or unpredictable, it’s just one sound following up another…
At the other hand the concept is been created of not overloaded but pure subtle enjoying and surfing of each goa sound that’s been smooth created. And that is what I like about freelander, it’s very good home listening music, the bpm is often rather slow and the speed of the goa sounds is comparing to other artist down tempo, especially considering the time period of fast uplifting morning fullon we experience know this is totally different…
The atmosphere is 100% morning and happy but mould in a subtle way…
What is the problem about freelander, there is nothing new about this album, each sound is already been used, the baselines aren’t special at all, and progressive minded imo, it’s pure the concept, their formula you have to like, otherwise you will be disappointed,
Which sounds do I recognize a lot, the typical and one of the original goa sound first used a lot by hallucinogen, the women singing but transformed with synths, later infected mushroom totally exploit that big time,
And definitely rastaliens, lot’s of patterns remind me of rastaliens a lot, the way their climaxes speak are perfectly the way rastaliens did on their first revolution air album ‘freestyle’ but slower then…
Good example is track 5, you notice directly the same patterns of rastaliens but less melodic aggressive, I repeat melodic aggressive what is not ment to be as dark…
The tribal influences are also again not very new but freelander managed to use it very good, their tribal influents are extremely psychedelic imo… I like them a lot…
Well this is just the ‘type of goa’ I like, The lay back and enjoy the melody and not getting nervous every five second…
Sometimes it sounds very ‘trancy’ just like all morning trance does you have the feeling it’s like leaving the path of goa a bit but then they come back…
I say way to go freelander,
I enjoy your album over and over; the way you present your goa sounds is so crystal clear and enjoyable…
I can’t get enough of it, it’s addictive…
I’m looking forward to your next,

So no dance floor killers here, only subtle surfing on the goa waves…

It’s not that good of a review but the best I could, It’s hard to review this one for me imo,
But on request

Grtz koen

http://www.last.fm/user/LastFmKoen
Minimal Monster
Minimal Monster

Started Topics :  50
Posted : May 21, 2006 17:28
Awsome Cover!
          http://www.myspace.com/minimalran
http://www.soundcloud.com/minimal-monster
Bom*shankar
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : May 24, 2006 08:07
Nice album, though not a smasher. Bought it because of the great cover and the samples.

It's floating progressive tunes with a tendency to become very athemic. Nothing amazing, but nice and positive vibes.
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : May 24, 2006 10:48
Quote:

On 2006-05-24 08:07, Bom*shankar wrote:
Nice album, though not a smasher. Bought it because of the great cover and the samples.

It's floating progressive tunes with a tendency to become very athemic. Nothing amazing, but nice and positive vibes.

I 100% agree. This album is pretty good, but nothing special. The cover is great and it just listens away pretty good. Don't like the repeating sample in 'Push the beat back' though. Otherwise, a pretty solid release.           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Freelander - Apnoe (CD) ~SYNERGETIC RECORDS~ 2005

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance