05 – Krusseldorf – Sparkling New - 5:50
06 – Red Seal - Revolver – 4:06
07 – Casanueva - Halloween – 7:05
08 – The Mollusk – Cameras - 4:59
09 – Simon Baring – Athens To Athens – 6:42
10 – Supercozi – August Human (Feat. Pheel) – 6:34
11 – Slackbaba – Go With The Flow – 7:52
12 – Noodle And Tweak – The Beat´s Inside The Beat – 4:21

Forget everything you have heard till today, clean your soul…start from scratch. This is like Flutter should be heard: with no first made conceptions!
This is a wonderful compilation: I made the buying based solely in my instinct, I didn´t heard the samples whatsoever, only recognized a name or two, but something made me buy this CD, and I am glad I did it!

Floex with Petr Parlér (T1) sets you off, on a journey you will certainly not forget. I kind think like this track more orientated to a relaxed club, where may chill or even take a coffe, at the sound of smooth sounds and some jazzy feelings. KilloWatts with Deliriously (T2) continues the journey, with some eclectic sounds, with a refined choice of sounds and leads. Rumpistol made the remix to Efterklang´s, Modern Drift (T3). It is a groovy tune, with some singings in the middle, creating a nice atmosphere to the whole of the tune, always accompanied with little tricks here and there, mainly some charming tribal drums and some violins. Dual Barrel with Spiffy Banter (T4) starts of with some wave sounds and a nice line of bass, bass that, is a constant through the tune, but it is very well conceived and catchy, and the tune turns a little bit tricky with nice dynamics and plays a little bit with all the sounds: gets a good rhythm! Probably the most known name in this compilation is the artist that follows: Krusseldorf. But even he doesn´t go with the regular or more conventional sounds. His tune, Sparkling New (T5), reminds me a lot of some Hibernation tunes from the album: Some Things Never Change. If you know this work, then you probably know what to expect. Not that this is a copy, but in many ways it is produced in an elegant way, and very cliché. Some saxophone (or so it seems to my ears), is a must mixed with all the sonic electronic structures, makes a clubby tune but also should work very well on a dancefloor. Red Seal, with Revolver (T6), sets on motion a very particular “obscure” and “darky” atmosphere. Imagine that “black and white” decade of the years 20 in the past century and at the same time, the luxury and the melancholic way of living. Some guitar notes with saxophone and harmonic can be heard. Casanueva with Halloween (T7): imagine the percussive elements of drum n bass, and should get a picture of how´s tune. The first part of the tune is very experimental. At about 3 minutes the tune suffers and interesting turn and some coral singings appear together with a different background. Cameras (T8) from Mollusk, is a music composed by some fat leads and groovy elements. Simon Baring, Athens To Athens (T9), brings something very harmonious with good beat, and trippy sounds. August human (T10), is a collaboration tune between Supercozi and Pheel. Imagine a super groovy tune, mixed with the voice of “robotic” Pheel. Once more a great track with great rhythm. Slackbaba, another known artist to me, gets it going with Go With The Flow (T11). A dubbier tune full of fat elements. And now we reach the end of our compilation with Noodle And Tweak´s the Beat´s inside the Beat (T12). Another groovy track with an astounding rhythm that gets everyone on their feet!

Also i liked very much the cover..i think it reveals a very good taste and plesentaries to the eyes

So to conclude my review I just want to say that wasn´t easy to find the words to describe this compilation, since it reaches places where words are limitative to express what I felt while trying to define the tunes. Also, I don´t have a favourite tune, since I like the compilation has a whole, and all the tunes are very nice, that reveal the carefulness Dovla had in picking the tracks. All of them, like should be expected, have a place they work better, outdoors or indoors, but in the overall, this is one of the best compilations of 2010, and highly recommended compilation, that is an excellent DJ tool, but also to be listened while driving, or at home, or in a club.           ...
papay

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Feb 4, 2011 12:58
Dual Barrel – Spiffy Banter excellent tune and overall this comp is better than most stuff out there in this style of music
PsiloCybian
Mammal Footwork

Started Topics :  92
Posted : Feb 5, 2011 12:10
Quote:

On 2011-02-04 12:58, papay wrote:
Dual Barrel – Spiffy Banter excellent tune

Thank u mate from me and from Igor ! really glad u like it           www.psilocybian.com / www.facebook.com/psilocybian
papay

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Aug 18, 2011 14:13
Quote:

On 2011-02-05 12:10, PsiloCybian wrote:

Thank u mate from me and from Igor ! really glad u like it

more tunes coming out?
PsiloCybian
Mammal Footwork

Posted : Aug 18, 2011 21:05
we are in the proces of making an album we are half way there           www.psilocybian.com / www.facebook.com/psilocybian
Boulevard
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  55
Posted : Aug 21, 2011 11:32
Quote:

On 2011-02-04 12:58, papay wrote:
Dual Barrel – Spiffy Banter excellent tune and overall this comp is better than most stuff out there in this style of music

What kind of music is this compilation all about? Prog etc
          Mushrooms make you do crazy stuff. Look at Mario he jumps on animal heads and fights with dragons.
PsiloCybian
Mammal Footwork

Posted : Aug 21, 2011 12:07
you can check out the samples here
http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/flr/flr1cd026.html           www.psilocybian.com / www.facebook.com/psilocybian
DjSchofield
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Sep 8, 2011 08:57

Yup, everything a3k said. This is indeed a great compilation - with something for everybody.

@Boulevard: More toward Chill for the first half, and more upbeat and dancefloor-friendly the second half. Not prog though.

Recommended.!
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Flutter (Flow Records) 2010

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance