Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Flugbegleiter- Pilotfilm (2006) Flugbeleiter Recordings
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Flugbegleiter- Pilotfilm (2006) Flugbeleiter Recordings

Psycosmo
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  42
Posted : Nov 3, 2006 10:02
01-Kopfjager- Pretty chilled out track. Very light beat, nice, but somewhat repetitive atmosphereics. The Kill Bill sample is a little out of step with the relaxed vibe of the track.

02-Anknipser: Energy level picks up some. Tasteful use of vocal samples, nice synth riff at 2:40. The main synth riff that keeps getting repeated is also nice. It goes good places.

03-Schichtwechsel: Lots of gentle ‘pretty” synth riffs. Is very beautiful, but also a little repetitive and boring.

04)Flickenteppich: I like the percussive use of the sitar sample… goes to show that innovation can still happen using Indian samples. The guitars add a bit of edge that the other tracks don’t have. A really nice track.

05) Klopfer: Good track, but not my favorite, too much repetition of good loops.

6) Klassiker: I love the melody that comes in at 1:24! It repeats too many times without changing before it finally does, but it’s good enough that it’s forgivable. Nice use of opearatic vocals, not too in your face, but enough to give it some flavor. As with the other tracks, really great selection of instruments, love the percussive sounds.

7)Verzerrer: Has a nice groove to it, but doesn’t change and evolve enough. Definatly not the most interesting track on the album. The last 2 minutes are good though.

8) Reiseführer: No words can do justice to the way this track makes me feel. This is one of those few tracks that actually gives me goosebumps sometimes, its that good. IMO this is by far the best track on the album. I found out about Flugbeleiter from someone playing this track and asking them what it was. This track is really a masterpiece, I wish more progressive were this massive, this vast and expansive sounding. A progressive psy anthem!!

9) Absacker: Not the best chillout track ever, but like every track here it has some very strong elements.

General: I really like this album! If I had to pick one word to describe the overall sound of this CD it would be LUSH. The sounds are very thick and juicy, very saturated sounding, lots of watery sounds, so if you like your Psytrance more on the wet side, I definitely recommend getting this one.
Maybe there isn’t much super groundbreaking here, but it is done very well, and with a unique touch. Excellent choices of loops and of instruments makes a CD that is perhaps unremarkable in terms of structure still interesting and pleasurable to listen to, but there is a little something that ought be in some of the tracks that isn’t.
This release definitely deserves more attention, I’m very surprised it hasn’t been reviewed yet. It is a very nice album, there is some really great stuff here, nitpickings aside. I look forward to hearing more from this guy, I’m interested to see where he takes his sound. I would give this album an 8/10, I’d give the track Reisfurer an 10/10, track 4 and 6 get a 9/10, they are really great tracks but aren’t quite up to the level of track 8.
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Nov 3, 2006 11:56
Well, to me this is a bland album with absolutely no redeeming features whatsoever. If you're into older Atmos style, get Headcleaner and older singles on compilations. If you're into progressive, well... there's way better stuff out there than this.           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Flugbegleiter- Pilotfilm (2006) Flugbeleiter Recordings

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance