Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  The Workshop - First track by Sound of Mind: "Realize" (320 and 126kbps)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

First track by Sound of Mind: "Realize" (320 and 126kbps)

sentient
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Oct 27, 2003 09:55
This is my first post to IsraTrance (hello from San Francisco!), and it's a link to where you can download my first track I've made that I want to share with the world. I made it in Logic on a PC with software VST's, a Nord 2 and a Virus B. Still learning the ins and outs of reproducing what's in my brain, but any comments or reviews are ALWAYS appreciated.

My artist name is Sound of Mind, and the track is called Realize. Yay.

Oh, and since this is my first post, I'll introduce myself. I live in San Francisco, and have been spinning psy publicly for over 2 years now, as a resident of Thump Radio. w00t.

To download the track, go here for 320kbps:

http://thumpradio.com/music/downloadTrack.cfm?id=195

and here for 128kbps:

http://thumpradio.com/music/downloadTrack.cfm?id=196

To go to my artist page:

http://thumpradio.com/index.cfm?artistid=3750

Cheers!

-B
sentient
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Oct 27, 2003 15:09
Oh, and my email address is:

auralopithicus@hotmail.com
Mike A
Subra

Started Topics :  185
Posted : Oct 28, 2003 01:10
It stops downloading at 162kb for some reason :/
sentient
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Oct 28, 2003 03:57
Dammit. Well the Thump Radio servers are usually pretty good, so I'd say give it another try later. Cheers.

-B
A.Rosengren
Solid Snake

Started Topics :  266
Posted : Oct 30, 2003 03:04
w0o|o0t w0o|o0t!

welcome to the forum...

downloading!

A
sentient
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Oct 30, 2003 03:44
Cheers, A. Hope you like my 1st endeavor....

(I'm already thinking of doing a remix, heh)

-B
Trip-
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  101
Posted : Oct 30, 2003 09:12
The track got 2 parts imo.... i liked the 2nd one better.

Though the bassline is not very solid. u know that tadadadada bassline....

the effects in the begining are too loud relative to the kick. Should do something there... I would improve the ideas in the first part of the track.

cheers.           Crackling universes dive into their own neverending crackle...
AgalactiA
sentient
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Oct 31, 2003 20:51
Yeah, I agree...I like the 2nd part better. The 1st half was done while being shown the basics of Logic, 4 months ago. Then I added WAY too many plug-ins and the song would constantly overload the CPU. So I gave up, frustrated. Last week, I fixed the problem and finished the 2nd half in 3 days...which might be why they're so different. I think for the 16th-note bassline, I need to adjust the sustain and release so that each note sounds distinct. But I'm looking forward to making the remix where the 1st half goes well with the 2nd. Cheers.

-B
Chi
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Nov 4, 2003 02:12
Hey man.

Let me say you have some good ideas, very good indeed, i like the breakdowns and the flow of the track very much.

However, there seems to be a problem: the tracks indeed flows nicely, but it seems a little vague, a little empty... Add a few more content and a few more twists.
Also the overall sound quality was not very good, but i guess that's because it's not very well masterized.

Keep up!
maygun604
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Nov 7, 2003 02:30
yay! the variety and funkiness is great. keep it up, looking forward to hearing more!!
Lauge
Lauge

Started Topics :  69
Posted : Nov 9, 2003 20:34
Welcome to the forum SENTIENT
im downloading ... and will be sending u a private msg with my thoughts/oppinios etc.

Bye
agnindhana
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Dec 5, 2003 17:02
mate,i just had a listen to ur tune...i really enjoyed the first part of the tune...i mean upto,about 4 mins...after that,it did sound a little disconnected from the first...the second bit is also nice ,but i think u need to separate the 2 and complete them individually...

i really like the structure and progression in the first 3 mins...what u could do is bring in a nice melody after the breakdown at approx.3 mins and build up with it...

...take it from there...but go over the first part and complete it....i am sure it will sound great...

another small thing i noticed...u dont really need to have a long outro for the tune...most psy tunes dont,unlike ext house mixes...for ur tune a 1:20 mix break and a 30 sec outro is enuff...

nyways,hope i was of some help...

good luck mate...

bom bom
FluoSamsara (Oxygen)
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  84
Posted : Dec 7, 2003 23:09
man if this is your first tune congratulations, after hearing it i understood what chi meant by your good ideas, there some really cool stuff in it:)

keep on going
Trance Forum » » Forum  The Workshop - First track by Sound of Mind: "Realize" (320 and 126kbps)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance