Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - First Step (Parvati, Sep. 2001)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

First Step (Parvati, Sep. 2001)

___shahar
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  70
Posted : Sep 27, 2001 21:03:26
[b][u]First Step (Parvati, Sep. 2001)[/b][/u]
1. Droidsect- Supernatural 6:49
2. Mic- Electro Jump 6:48
3. Neutral Control- Space Pigz 6:17
4. Color Drops- Corner Dog 7:47
5. Droidsect- Poltergeist 7:44
6. Dark Nebula- Vulcanized in Rubber 8:48
7. Psilo Cowboys- Keyboard Cowboys 7:22
8. Mic in the Bush- Dada 6:57
9. Nightshade- The Game 7:05

So here is another chaotic trance compilation review, and this is a more challenging one (not always on the positive aspect). Parvati is a new young label from Denmark, most names here were unknown to me.

Droidsect with the first track (one of two), Supernatural. Hmmm... shame these guys broke up, they really had something going in there- total chaos, yet, it stays together, and the story holds. The sounds catch the mind, and the rhythms are doing it. I like. Mic follows in tune, a lot of scratches, straight on the brain. Nice groove, cute break, a fun nutty track- I think this name should be memorized. Neutral Control's Space Pigz (T3) fails to do it to me- nothing that I haven't heard before, and the sound is bad. Two minutes of light near the end- should have worked with that. Color Drops follow- "Earth man! What a shit hole!"- Quite an opening statement. It feels as if behind all the squeaks and distorted scratches, hides a lot of defiance and some loneliness. Nice percussion sections and grooves. Droidsect are back with Poltergeist (T5)- more full on, 3D-Vision-like, spookiness conveyed, but nothing too moving in this one. Dark Nebula are the Ozzie connection- fast, hard, dark, hectic, lots of sawing sounds- a lot of mess. Too much for me- the story is totally lost on me. And is there some Oompa Loompa craze downunder? What's with all these Charlie and the Chocolate Factory samples? Psilo Cowboys continue with Keyboard Cowboys (T7)- a lot of scratches, robot whistles, computer droppings, and a very cute name (though the sample doesn't sound too good). Than Mic is back, this time in the Bush, with Dada (T8 ), happy nutty sounds, great samples, constantly changing and evolving, layering in and out- this guy makes the kind of music that puts a silly smile on your face with glints of madness in your eyes while you dance crazily in a party. Nightshade end with The Game- A bit of a different tune here, and a nice surprise in the end of the CD. Great tribal percussion, crazy drumming, a lot of maddened scratching. Again the sound and mix need some work, but this is really a good one.

[b]Bottom Line:[/b] The sound of the crazy underground, a bit immature, but very fresh and shows some new directions. Again, needs more attention in the sound department. I'll follow Pravati in the future as well as Mic & Nightshade. [b]Favorites: [/b]1, 2, 4, 8, 9.

___spin@
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  0
Posted : Sep 27, 2001 21:41:34
as always...
you got some great review

sound intresting...
we will check it out

b good
___Reece
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  20
Posted : Sep 30, 2001 07:19:27
this cd is wicked!!!

definately one for those a bit bored by the whole minimal/progressive thang : )
full power psy night time stormers!

the Mic in the Bush track is my pick - very funked up! - watch out for this guy

does anyone know: psilo cowboys track is co-w. & p. by R. Jahbo
is this the same guy who produces under the name 'Jahbo'? - they've had a couple of tracks floating around for awhile...

any info is appreciated!

bom!
___Reece
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  20
Posted : Sep 30, 2001 07:23:59
hmmmm....

shahar ure right about the oompas, dont know whats going on down here?!
that samples used pretty poorly in this one imo
(sorry richie!)

mr. perculiar did it so much better: )
___shahar
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  70
Posted : Oct 1, 2001 11:44:29
Agreed, in Mr. Peculiar's track it really melts down in the track, here it just pops out of nowhere.
___the_cannibal
Old Forum Member
Posted : Oct 1, 2001 16:54:47
he is a danish artist

very underground psychedelic music he makes

his new project named called : Bandalen

KILLER STUFF!

i think you'll see some release's in the future

___Psychodick_from_japan
Old Forum Member
Posted : Oct 5, 2001 06:09:50
ahah nice review and cant wait to hear new bandalen tracks yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - First Step (Parvati, Sep. 2001)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance