Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Filur EP (Iboga, Feb. 2003)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Filur EP (Iboga, Feb. 2003)

shahar
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  155
Posted : May 24, 2003 14:47
Filur EP (Iboga, Feb. 2003)
A. Reefer Decree- Curved Air (Filur remix)
B. Filur- Together Again

Filur is a project of Sebastian Mullaert, half Son Kite. It started more clubby, but lately we got some more psychedelic Filur tracks, and that sure made me happy. Here both sides are represented.
On the A side we have Seb's remix to the big Reefer Decree hit, Curved Air. An excellent remix and a beautiful track, full of feel and the music induced kind of psychedelia, the one I really like and been missing the last couple of years. A perfect dawn track for the woods. On the B side, Together Again is a more clubby tune with a nice atmosphere, but nothing special really. The ones among you with good ears may detect some Ooze sounds that are probably nice to be met on the dancefloor.

Bottom Line: A must for the Curved Air remix.

---------------------------------------------
"Be the change you want to see in the world!"
M.K. Gandhi

"There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self."
Aldous Huxley

Zombi
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  375
Posted : May 24, 2003 15:15
i heard the remix in the mix and its very very nice, the flip side just good also, nothing special, just great tune           Believe your soul !
pr0fane
Multiphase

Started Topics :  418
Posted : May 24, 2003 16:07
I agree that the remix of "Curved Air" is the best track on this EP, but the flip side is definatly also a track of fine quality. But ok - nothing REALLY special.

Verdict: 7/10 - A good buy - there's 2 pretty good tracks here. Still ... my favourite Filur track at the moment is "Underrated" from the "FX" compilation - also released by Iboga.
          DJ pr0fane (Iboga Records) | Multiphase
www.sunrisesupplies.com | www.iboga.dk | www.soundcloud.com/pr0fane
krelm
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  67
Posted : May 29, 2003 02:54
I kept going back and forth on this one as to which track I liked more, but think I have finally settled with the "Curved Air" remix. It has such a nice laid-back groovy atmosphere but still manages to stay extremely full of sound and energy. IMO, it excedes the original mix by Reefer Decree (I know, I am a blasphemer;)). It works well in the early evening ramping up to peak nighttime, but is also perfect for the more mellow morning hours.

"Together Again" is also a damn fine track as well. It is a little more trancey, less moody, and more light & blissful than the a-side. I picture hearing this one more as a daytime track.

Overall, this release was an extremely nice surprise, and I am hoping that both tracks are some of the hits of the festival season this summer. 9/10
Zombi
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  375
Posted : May 29, 2003 20:57
Quote:

The ones among you with good ears may detect some Ooze sounds that are probably nice to be met on the dancefloor.

yep, straight from Quintessence i was say.
nice to meet indeed.
          Believe your soul !
Sputer
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  315
Posted : May 29, 2003 21:00
Fantastic Remix !

..."Be yourself, let your conscience guide you...
Follow your heart, not the people around you"
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Filur EP (Iboga, Feb. 2003)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance