Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - FGCD01 - Froggle Records 2003 - PROGRESS CHAPTER 1 -
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

FGCD01 - Froggle Records 2003 - PROGRESS CHAPTER 1 -

Anak
Anakoluth

Started Topics :  108
Posted : Oct 31, 2003 18:12
i ran a search on "froggle" didnt get any results, so i think i'm the first one reviewing this one (sorry if i'm not) :

01 Tantrumz "Fiddlestix" written by Russ Newton, Australia
02 MeeLoo vs Stuckbaz "Disco Biscuit" written by Per Skov and Michal Smosarski, Denmark
03 Sensient "Rotec" written by Tim Larner, Australia
04 Gnome Effect "Kolpe" written by Mikkel Rasmussen and Sylvester Lauristen, Denmark
05 Dream Forest "Atlantic Forest" written by Igal Mekolovich, Elad Asi and Vick Shafi, Israel
06 Soulipse "TNT Smokers Rmx" written by Igar Mekolovich and Elad Asi, Israel
07 Luna Spice "Shine the dark age" written by Matthieu Delepau, France
08 Noon vs Miss Genie "LFO Vaporation" written by Arno Levasseur and Anika Gray, Nlle Caledonia
09 Hiram "Forwhom" written by Ben Richardson and Kan Collins, Australia

russ kicks in a with a blasting beginning, screwing sounds that finally lead into a huge wobbling KEBE. his percussions keeps you going from bar to bar, he understands to use breaks as breath-taker very well, before he kicks back in with new elements. "fiddlestix" consists of amazing sample work, with doktor daniel talking in the background, for me its like an apocalyptical feeling coming up there. but all in all its just too less to make a freaking track, its good what there is, but at the point he finished the track, i'd prefered some phat kick in

the danish wickies, SMO and DJ Ruth, made the next track, "Disco Biscuit", which was spinning in decks for some time, now finally got properly mastered and released.
the beginning is very athmospheric, this builds a very nice contrast for the hard-as-fuck KEBE. there's that (overused) "kiss the fucking rainbow" sample, which leads into the next part with a somehow beautiful wind blowing behind the stone-groove. the percussions (mucho claps) and fx are placed properly and not too spartanic, but some of them are way too loud. the rest of the track is simply brilliant: hard pumping beat packed with some sawsynths, that all in all produce a beautiful landscape. some untypically danish sounds here.

damn every intro by tim is better than the other. i never can tell much about his tracks since i'm so concentrated on them that i completely forget writing. the stable progression and repetition kinda switchs off your mind and lets u fly on the carpet, that the tracks single components produce. u dont want to skip one second in here.

i was pretty curious hearing the gnome effect one, because i wanted to hear some new sounds from them...hard KEBB night feeling shitload of oscillations is what u get, on a stable bpm that could've been faster imho. like tantrumz & meeloo this one is concentrating on spooky sample work, building an athmosphere which will set whole danefloors mind on OFF. after the break at approx. 5.30 bashing percussion enters , it gets a real downhill ride. it didnt make it to a favourite, because the bass sound is too short and the whole track is going somewhere, but doesnt arrive, coz gasoline out at 9.24.

what a kool bass !!! very trippy and dark. there is a high suspence level in "atlantic forest" because there are much breaks and rebuild-ups. unfortunately the track gets boring after 4 minutes, till thee synth from the beginning re-enters, which gives it a new hook and a superpsycedelic twists....it gains in power and evolves to a teeth-brushing tech monster.

what a cinematic intro! hell of a bass and singing! "tnt smokers rmx" also carries a techy feeling just like "atlantic forest", but a tick darker/harder. this is a must for the techies among us, but not really for me...for me...the same problem as with "kolpe" and all in all its pretty much the same as the dream forest track (its from the same guys also).

this was the most awaited here. this is the music i lose words for.....blocking night psychedelic. the best KEBB i heard lately, drunken effects twisting over door shuts and the-likes whith laughing witches here and there. the phased combo entering at around 4 mins give a drunken touch to the bunch too, and omfg wtf a stomping percussion luna spice "shine the dark age" is healthy food for every nighty's ears

continueing in the same style, noon vs miss genie, two new artists, that jumped in the pool with their running tool called "LFO vaporation", is very rhytmical but i dont know more after that track than i did before...to accentuated on percussion for me. still it is an enjoyable techtune, good for bridging in a night set.

dont like the bass of hiram "forwhom". way too massive and "mid-sounding". something went very wrong here. what a pity, the rest seems to be nice.

nice disk. finally some more night music.
but: the quality overall isnt really good. there are small changes in volume kinda much.
my fav's are 2, 3, 5, 7. overall rate: 7.3/10.0.

Anakoluth A Pebble in Your Eardrum's Shoe since 2001!
http://www.myspace.com/anakoluth
http://www.ektoplazm.com/profiles/anakoluth/
http://cronomi.com
Ben P

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Nov 1, 2003 12:11
an ok compil
with a lot of new and unknown artist
my favs 2,3,4
ttm

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Nov 3, 2003 12:02
cool cover
Anak
Anakoluth

Started Topics :  108
Posted : Nov 3, 2003 13:44
indeed the artwork is catchy!!           Anakoluth A Pebble in Your Eardrum's Shoe since 2001!
http://www.myspace.com/anakoluth
http://www.ektoplazm.com/profiles/anakoluth/
http://cronomi.com
-Abatwa-
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  42
Posted : Apr 14, 2005 19:58
artwork is really nice. overall a nice compilation. definetly got some psychedelia going on. sensient track is my current favorite.           `Bottomless wonders spring from simple rules, which are repeated without end` Mandelbrot
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - FGCD01 - Froggle Records 2003 - PROGRESS CHAPTER 1 -

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance