Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - EVP - Holographic Consciousness CD (Wildthings Records) Aug 2008
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

EVP - Holographic Consciousness CD (Wildthings Records) Aug 2008

Braindrop
Braindrop

Started Topics :  140
Posted : Aug 26, 2008 22:46:04
Artist : EVP
Title : Holographic Consciousness
Label : Wildthing Records
Format : CD
Ditribution : Arabesque
Year : Aug 2008

" Expanding cosmically interweaving morphogenic fractal realities, Holographic consciousness telapathicly resonating infinite galaxies, exploring inner dimensions channeling mythic visions, accelration of evolution activating galactic missions, beaming psychedelic sonic frequencies oscillating timelessly, interconnected synchronisticly embracing collective transformation endlessly....."

Keeping an outer space theme in mind, this is the much acclaimed second album of EVP. LEts check it out.

Tracklist

1.Kotatsu (Buttons arent toys)
2.Troubled animals
3.Mutiny
4.Space time object
5.King of the bong
6.Holographic Consciousness
7.Zombie Killers
8.Copy this. Ru
9.Lost hardware
10.Hard boiled geometry

1. " When i saw, what i was about to see thts when i realised why i had to do, what i did to my brain i think its a lil tricky". The track starts of with a nice groovy bass and kick accomapnied by nice atmospheres and gentle percussion. At 2:00 minutes into the track the bassline changes and more eerie synths and atmospheres are introduced with some nice tribal percussion. The track progresses nicely with some more demented leads and atmospheres. This tends to lean towards to more experimental lines. Nice opener.

2. Starts off with filtered beats and and windy atmospheres. Soon a tight and groovy bassline kicks in with some some nice percussion as well. This is accompanied by some very nice eerie atmospheres and synths. Gives u the feeling that you are entering into a twilight zone. The sounds presented here are mysterious and quirky. At 2:45 a nice uplifting synth is introduced and the track progresses nicely. There is nice usage of percussion in this track which captures my
attention quite a lot. The track picks up in energy towards the end with more synths and fx. Nice track.

3. "we're being able to look at earth from an ancient perspective. The kick and bass settles in with some nice percussion once again. At 1:30 the track progresses with some nice leads and gentle intelligent fx. At 3:57 a nice powerful lead is introduced along with some nice gentle atmospheres and follows on with some more intelligent fx towards the end. Looks like the album so far, picks up in energy with each track simultaneously. Little more driving than the previous ones, this one is a nice track as well.

4. Starts with an industrial-like airy pad. The kick and bass settles in nicely with some nice percussion and slowly moves with the bassline changing and some scandinavian style sounds and fx. Why so...? Yea because this is a collab with one half of the famous G.O.W project; Onkel Dunkel. Some nice small,teasing and crunchy fx are showcased in this track. After a small breakdown at 2:55 the track comes back with more power with more twisted fx. The parvati style basslines come in quickly with a nice resonating lead. The parvati sonorities are very much evident towards the end. Solid track!

5. The track starts of nciely with some filtered percussion and a nice lead. It follows on nicely with the leads and nice
tribal percussion. The bassline turns into something mroe groovy accompanied by some nice fx. After a short breakdown the track starts to build up with the lead and more fx and the tribal percussion comes in again. The track ends with some nice pads and bell like fx. Less intense/driving than the previous one; but a nice one nevertheless.

6. This is the title track. Starts with filtered beats and some deep samples. The bass and kick settles in with some nice percussion and computer like sounds. At around 2:00 the track gains in momentum with a nice resonating synth and more fx. " Controlling genetic bio dynamics assures mass population control, fundamental bottomline of whats going on, at least evolution and species selection in the hands of obviously alien leaders". The track comes back strongly with more fx and more computer like sounds. More airy pads follow with some nice reverbed fx in the background. " We are spiritual beings long before we were physical , before we physically manifest a quantum field a conciousness of bioholographic projection of genetics..... " The bassline changes after this along with some uplifiting fx and leads. This track is more music for the mind. Kinda reminds me of the Ajja album.

7. This one is in collab with Syntax Error. Starts with a sample tht says " From the darkest depths of outer space came an evil known to man who predict tht a cloud of radiation engulfed Gods great planet. Scientists discovered tht these space particles cause a reanimation of dead bodies... Zombies ... creatures with one destructive need.... to devour the flesh of the living"... And in comes a strong kick and bass with sounds that you would expect right from the forests of Scandinavia. The track progresses with some nice atmospheres and eerie short metallic leads accompanied along with some nice percussion. An uplifting lead follows with some tingling fx. The track gathers energy after a funny sample with enticing leads and fx. This track is full of spine tingling tiny and resonating sounds. The track progresses nicely with the bassline becoming more groovy and driving. This track is gonna bend ur brains for sure! Favorite!

8. This track starts off with some filtered beats and a pad. Soon the kick and bass settles in with some sounds reminiscent of Parvati style. More fx and synths follow along with some nice percussion. At 2:00 a sharp lead is introduced and goes along nicely with the layered sounds. And then a very cool sample abt Itunes and some Russian mp3 site(mp3 sparx.com) is followed. Haha!
Nice one man! Got me hooked on to this instantly.... the track goes on in ful throttle with some nice leads and some nice mind bending fx. Another nice one!

9. This one is a collab with Shotu. Starts slowly with single note basslines and once again.. very nice percussion accompanied with nice gentle fx. Soon the bassline changes with a sample in the background. A nice picth bent lead is introduced after sometime going along nicely with the layered fx. A short breakdown at around 2:50 and comes back powerfully at around 3:05 with more quirky fx and atmospheres. The track gives u this feeling that you are slowly reaching the end of a twilight zone. Decent track.

10. Starts off in a similar manner as the previous track. Some intelligent fx and atmospheres are presented here. The bassline is quite bouncy but that doesnt mean its cheesy. The fx here are quite twisted.
As the track progresses the sounds become more resonating and the fx is quite demented at the same time. Nice way to end the album

Conclusion :

Well, to round it off. This is quite a concept album keeping in mind an outer space theme. Defenitely more for the mind, and less for the ass.. and yes very psychedelic. In the past few years, ive beeen quite bored with the "dancefloor-stop-start-buildup"
oriented twilight style. But this just beats it all!! Excellent production/ideas. The percussion work is really nice and impressive!! And the collborations with the other artists make this even more interesting. The album picks up in pace gradually with every track.
There are lot of samples used in this, but since its concept based they fit in well. Sometimes some of the tracks sound kinda similar, but it still is very good.
Nice artwork too by the artists himself. And a nice text in line with the concept. And the last line was very good too.... hehe!

For all lovers of real good psychedelic music regardless of the genre... this is a very psychedelic and intelligent album.
For all the twilight lovers.... there is ray of hope.... Dont miss this one!
Keep it up man!!

Buy it here :
http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=7464

Mastering by Cass@Wiredmasters.co.uk

http://www.wildthingrecords.co.uk

www.braindrop.in
dash

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Aug 28, 2008 03:12
heard him play some of the stuff before release at GMSF,,
super tunes,,!
love the title track!
some pure psychedelic tunes
mk47
Inactive User

Started Topics :  118
Posted : Aug 30, 2008 08:19
solid album , good stuff
Sunai

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Aug 31, 2008 02:25

mk47 wrote:
solid album , good stuff

+1

..wildthing Recs rox!
dr.magnus
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Sep 2, 2008 12:19
Jup, great groovy psychedelic Album! love his work!

EvP rouLeZz

my favourite trax: 3 & 6

"In a dark time, the eye begins to see"
Ah-sid

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Sep 4, 2008 11:32
xcellent presentations of one's thoughts.brain in the blender with intelligent message to the listners.this is realy psy......
evp
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Oct 4, 2008 00:22
New RealityGrid album is 95% complete and will be preview/tested at the next Wildthings Records label party on the 1st of November somewhere in London...
Pax
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  38
Posted : Oct 6, 2008 19:52
Track 5 is really twisted and funky. Reminds me of Meller's "Voodoo" a bit, as well as the more tribal-ish stuff Samadhi put out.
La Magica Boutique

Posted : Oct 7, 2008 15:16
Quote:

On 2008-10-04 00:22, evp wrote:
New RealityGrid album is 95% complete and will be preview/tested at the next Wildthings Records label party on the 1st of November somewhere in London...

Oww Alex!
I knew that you were the 'neverending one'!!
But this also??
Woahh..

Anyway.. I'm going to listen to your album right now for the first time.
But I heard it live from you.. I know that will fit completely and more with my taste..

All the best for your crew, well known but with this lovely underground touch!!
Ahhh... so cool!

BOOM
La Magica Boutique

Posted : Oct 7, 2008 17:16
TRACK no 7!
TRACK no 7!

AumShantiAum
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  27
Posted : Jan 10, 2009 03:18
I cant even say which track is my favorite on this album cause they all kick some serious ass. Pure intelligent and fun musica!

Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - EVP - Holographic Consciousness CD (Wildthings Records) Aug 2008

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance