Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Eraser vs Yöyalka - Round 1 (Exogenic 2002)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Eraser vs Yöyalka - Round 1 (Exogenic 2002)

Somseensee

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Jul 14, 2006 00:46
http://www.psydb.net/covers/04/04404000000.jpg

Artist: Eraser vs Yöyalka
Title: Round 1
Year: 2002
Label: Exogenic Records

Tracklisting:

1 Reunion (5:30)
2 BBQ U (5:45)
3 Illalla (6:06)
4 Ghost Train (8:10)
5 Quosick (6:02)
6 Hattivatti (6:21)
7 Weekend Warrior (7:39)
8 This Level (6:36)
9 Rassah Munkabu (6:28)
10 Mutual Ritual (6:39)
11 Rum And Bases (7:14)

Introduction Eraser vs Yöyalka (round 1):

Probably most of you know the suomi style music that gets released at a nice rate these days. Well these guys were in that boat fairly early. In 2002 they released this round 1 album and it is actually a very nice piece of psychedelic music that has been released in a time which seems very crowded with progressive and a massive rise of full on music.

They use deep psychedelic melodies and have some heavy bassline oriented tracks. It is Psy , sometimes melodic, sometimes twisted and deep. it has darkish touch and flow going through it. Enough variation on drums and bass without going in to random. The samples, melodies and bleeps are overall well placed and form nice build ups to deep explosions of energy and sound. Those sounds are mostly well packaged in very atmospheric background sound, that seems to drag all sounds into some direction(s).
The better environment for this would be an old castle with a nice centre square and lots of old artifacts to make it feastly whole or deep in the woods at night. Surely for me ½ of it is very night stylish and only seems to kick deep when it is dark.

The Music:

Reunion: This tracks kicks fairly hard and has a nice and long build up. It has lots of bleeps and twists going through it to keep you busy. It’s a one of the more funky tracks that has enough melodic ups and a fast stomping ending.
BBQ U: We have a more heavy track to digest here. It kicks hard again and has less bleeps but longer melodic sounds. It’s psychedelic and it fills the room, it has nice melodic peaks and lots of sounds going around the main ending melodic part.
Illalla: Well we continue with the heavy bass part here but this tracks seems to drive harder for me. This is a track with an attitude and has some weird deep melodies that really work well on me. The rising ending melody is deep and goes high, nothing fluffy but very uplifting stuff. This itches and shakes the floor around. Fantastic!
Ghost Train: I surely prefer this train above the Orient Express… We have a more or less broken bassline here. Although it doesn’t kick straight forward it has enough power to keep you moving. Lots of bleeps and twists going around in this one and a surely enjoy the overwhelming melodic sounds that make it fit together. This tracks has lots of variety and keeps surprising till the end. Excellent!
Quosick: The tracks lacks a straight forward bassline and makes this less appropriate for the dancefloor in my opinion. But Hell this is melodic psychedelic stuff that makes my mind go far out of reality. Strange twists and melodic worms going that eat your brain.
Hattivatti: Hehe once again a more funky track with a jumpy bassline and well placed melodic highs. Lots of variation and fairly easy to digest, nice for a sunny walk.
Weekend Warrior: Well not my favorite at all, a bit dry imo and depends hard on some distorted electric sounding samples. It isn’t that bad overall, but it lacks sounds that pull me in .
This level: Maybe a bit more abstract than the first half of the album, but doesn’t mean this is bad.
Rassah Munkabu: Again a more funky one, but this one seems to go fast. It builds fast and the melodic parts are short but good. I like it, strange quirking stuff that comes and goes. As most tracks on this album the ending always has some explosion or makes it all come together.
Mutual Ritual: Fast moving sounds again that come and go and mostly make there entrance at the right moment. Good stuff.
Rum and Bases: Well drum and bass… Like the atmospheric sound sometimes but this is not my kind of music in the end.

Conclusion:

The album is a necessary piece that deserves it’s place in every psyhead’s music collection. It’s suomi style and experiments enough without going too abstract. It also has that forest style darkish magic touch (atmosphere) that makes the melodic parts deep and daring enough.

My personal favs are hard to chose but 3 and 4 are very strong. Tracks 7 and 11 I dislike the most, but besides those 2 I actually enjoy them all alot.

Final point: 9/10
kobi_palombo
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  45
Posted : Jul 14, 2006 00:59
Hattivatti
a'damn
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  89
Posted : Jul 15, 2006 04:19
This album slays.

The second album was a bit of a disappointment after this, so the third one was slightly worrisome. Luckily it also rules.

But yes, this album totally slays.
Lepton
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Jul 15, 2006 21:29
a masterpiece indeed !!!

top 5 all time favorite albums

make sure to check out their 12 "

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/Vinyls/exo/exo1ep012.html

sensemelter and hailinhale are one of their best tracks imo ...
Eraser
Eraser

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Jul 17, 2006 20:32
"sensemelter and hailinhale are one of their best tracks imo" ... Huh lepton, you have a quite extreme taste with those picks!
joeking

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Jul 18, 2006 06:47
If you liked this album you should check out their new one "Lords of the Liverdance"
http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php/topic/91250/forum/9
It is one of the best albums I have heard this year !
eXuUs
Exuus

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Jul 18, 2006 23:43
Yojalka - Ranblax best ever !           www.exuus.com
Eraser
Eraser

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Jul 19, 2006 01:02
Ugh,for a moment I was afraid you would`ve taken that murderously horrible Eraser`s "Headache" -track as your loved one! But what was I thinking, I must be seriously stupid, stoned or sick to think, mix or compose like that... Ranblax`s only sin is that it´s, unfortunately, murderously boring. So, thank you very much for noticing our diamond hard early production, mr ExuUuuschh, we try to maintain the product quality level on our factory! boommm
sam i am
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Jul 19, 2006 10:39
hahahaa

what a blast from the past!

think I used to play 5 through 7

nice album!

like the more full on shit, but hard to play at parties...           new Hadal Drop album on the way

if you don't have the last one get in touch
Yöjalka
Yöjalka

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jul 19, 2006 14:30
Yes, I guess we are both pretty sick, aren't we Eraser!?
But hey - when you combine a style that is simply, murderously boring, and style that, unfortunately, gives you a huge headache, and you mix it and fix it and twist it long enough...you'll get a schizophrenic, long lasting psy-battle between the two sick competitioners, that start their fight on the first round, and during the battle, will result something very special and double-sick on the other rounds... Let's see what the final round is then, and when we are going to be saved by the bell... or are we? or is there any(thing) final? are they with us? why are they here?...???
And btw, we'll try to highly raise our production quality all the time, not just to maintain it, don't we!
eXuUs
Exuus

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Jul 19, 2006 16:31
hehe funny think about mixing styles, btw Headache also rox i like i think got it from goa gil cd play it in night time always ,.. all good 4 u guys keep making rocking stuff           www.exuus.com
Palombus

Posted : Jul 25, 2006 15:44
Eraser & yojalka are purr psychedelic underground ,i love so so much, the Sensemelter track is my favoryt, well all their musics are magic ))) keep it man's you are one of the best artists in the psychedelic mouvement
my Best things for you
Booomm
www.apoxina.com
Psycosmo
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  42
Posted : Aug 7, 2006 04:36
Hahahaha you guys are way too modest. This is a very good album and I still listen to it fairly regularly. Id give it a 9/10
Somseensee

Posted : Aug 25, 2006 01:17
Hehe people always seem to be at their best in their most schizoid or stranger periods in life.
The psyworld needs freak/psychedelic music so equally it needs strange heads.
One of the best albums I own as I partly mentioned before .
Lords of the liverdance is also a good album worth reviewing in the near futur.
And lepton thanks for putting my eye on the EP.

Greetz Sam
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Eraser vs Yöyalka - Round 1 (Exogenic 2002)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance