Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Eq tips

Becktrank
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  38
Posted : Sep 18, 2009 22:57:27

Hi, i want some Eq tips.

Like, first of all, if have just one track playing, how do u eq it? I use to let the HIGH and MID, all open (100%) and the BASS 2/3 open (something like 60%) what do you think of it?

When you are mixing two tracks? How do you do besides never leting two basses open? Do you mix the highs? Do you let one all way open, and close the other a bit but not all?

I m not playing at parties, and i m not in my countrie, here where i m i dont know so much djs to change that kind of ideias, i like the way mixing is evoluting but i would like to hear how other do 2. Are there any standard rules about eqing two tracks?

ea           ``We shall not cease from exploration - And the end of all our exploring - Will be to arrive where we started - And know the place for the first time.``

bahia
Shiranui
IsraTrance Full Member
Started Topics :  116
Posted : Sep 19, 2009 10:58
If you have just one track playing the EQs should be FLAT for most tracks on the DJ mixer

If this does not sound right, then the sound person should adjust the EQ on the system. You should always have a second EQ after the mixer! 3 bands is not enough to adjust for the room and the placement of the speakers.

There are exceptions for tracks which are EQ'd or mixed "strangely", usually older stuff. If I'm playing anything off of "blast food" I usually turn the mid (and maybe also the highs) to 2 or 3 oclock because that album has ridiculously overpowering bass

If I'm playing anything off "beyond the infinite" I usually have the mid at 9 oclock and the high at 10:30, because the kick drum is very low in the mix on that album.

I always keep the bass center and adjust the other two and the gain, because when I mix two tracks I primarily use the bass.
Trance Forum » » Forum  DJing - Eq tips

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance