Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Epi Centrum - The well-tempered clavier [SMR010]
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Epi Centrum - The well-tempered clavier [SMR010]

kim0
Prudentia

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Feb 20, 2009 11:58:38
Jurek is the artist that got my attention after releasing a track "My bass friend" on Chronika chaper III (Alex surely has a fine taste in music). I liked that track alot and its my favorite on that compilation before the names like Midimiliz, X-Dream, Metalogic etc. What I could tell from that track is that he likes deep drives with massive background and that is what I expected to hear in future and that is what we surely got, deep and underground music with mixtures of techno and minimal motives.

A1: Odd Ludek

We can review this track from two different angles. First, as a regular music consumer and second - as a DJ. Why? Because most of music consumers will say that this track is a little bit boring and monotone. And why? Because it has no break and that is what crowd likes. And as a DJ, I cant agree with that. This track is simply great! As I expected, deep drive with no breaks, not even one! But it leaves you space to do what you want, to mix it with another 2 tracks or to cut the low tones and make break with planty effects like reverb or delays, etc. I can hear some Extrawelt influence on this track, especially on rhythmics and bass line. Pad and background are great, make the atmosphere look more deep. All sounds (and there are many different sounds in track) are on high level of production, there is a story in this track and I can read it! Track is really stretched, as i like to say :) Great job!

A2: Simmonz dream (Original mix)

And it continues in deep and very dj friendly style. Very nice, unusual and massive bassline. I feel that rhythm could be more complexive but thats just my subjective oppinion. Track has a little bit darker atmosphere than Ludek and I especially liked that small fx in background. Hats are like some kind of scissors, cutting trough the bass. And I must repeat myself and say, high quality production on every single sound. Maybe this track could have some large break. Nice one Jurek.

B1: Simmonz dream (Kino Oko gas mask mix)

Yeah, I can see that Kino liked the bass in this track also, cause he just slightly changed it, but it kept original sound. I knew what to expect from Kino and I must say that this is very cool remix. Nice effects on that fx like vocal, liked it. Maybe this metalic melody came to fast into break, but its very cool and twisted, very interesting. Remix is also deep as I expected and you can hear many styles in it. Quality of production is once again on high level. Cool remix Kino.

B2: Terror Romans

Machinery! This man has some cool ideas and he surely showed them in this track. Very interesting track for listening. This vocal fx makes very strong impression. Break is great, with some noise and bass that drives is very cool, keeps you moving
your feet. Very nice ideas, maybe the production is little less quality then songs before and maybe thats what Jurek wanted on purpose, to let us feel that noise! Liked it a lot.

I belive that people will like this one. Jurek defined his style for next releases and sure its gonna be deep, underground and techy! All the best in future!

www.facebook.com/djkim0/
www.soundcloud.com/djkim0/
MMachine
Excizen

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Feb 20, 2009 13:34
Nice review Kimo, as usual.

The ep is quite emotinal for techno maniac like me. Odd Ludek is most comfortable for my ear.

http://www.myspace.com/excizen
http://www.myspace.com/menmasin
https://twitter.com/Excizen
KINO OKO
Bigwigs

Started Topics :  29
Posted : Feb 20, 2009 16:39
His music is real dj tool.           www.kinooko.pl
lara
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  116
Posted : Feb 20, 2009 19:21
Quote:

On 2009-02-20 11:58:38, kim0 wrote:
A1: Odd Ludek
Because most of music consumers will say that this track is a little bit boring and monotone. And why? Because it has no break and that is what crowd likes.

I suppose that You trying to say that crowds DON'T like?
Anyway I find my oppinion in text that You write.
For me those two Polish guys have something totally unique in their music and that thig are admit many of listeners, which like and which don't like that kind of music.
Me, personal adore!!!           ------------------
http://www.soundmute-recordings.com
http://www.facebook.com/smrecordings
http://www.soundcloud.com/soundmute
kim0
Prudentia

Posted : Feb 20, 2009 21:26
Yeah, thats what I wanted to say but i missed negative word 
           www.facebook.com/djkim0/
KINO OKO
Bigwigs

Started Topics :  29
Posted : Feb 21, 2009 02:42
Being aware that his work is real dj tool i always have in mind that Simmonz Dream has a little bit darker atmosphere than Ludek.           www.kinooko.pl
vasanta

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Feb 21, 2009 11:41
Great release...
Atmospheric sound.
Respect           www.myspace.com/vasantadj
phasetech
Float

Started Topics :  58
Posted : Feb 22, 2009 18:33
very good music! very deep and atmospheric sounds, interesting for listening hehe           www.soundcloud.com/float
Dr Cisma

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Feb 23, 2009 14:55
Fantastic release and music!!!
Alex Boshke
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  59
Posted : Feb 27, 2009 02:09
Great EP!
Must have for all techno heads !!!           www.boshkebeats.com
www.myspace.com/alextolstey
www.myspace.com/therockitmen
www.myspace.com/tripledistilled14
www.myspace.com/boshkebeats
kim0
Prudentia

Posted : Feb 28, 2009 14:29
Glad you liked it Alex           www.facebook.com/djkim0/
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Epi Centrum - The well-tempered clavier [SMR010]

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance