Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Element - Alteration (2005 - Avalanche Records)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Element - Alteration (2005 - Avalanche Records)

Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : May 30, 2006 11:38
Artist: Element
Album: Alteration
Label: Avalanche Records
Released: November 2005
Cover: http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/avr/avr1cd007.html
Mastered by: Sebastian Krueger (SBK)

Tracklist:

1. Pad Song
2. White
3. Real World
4. Drop
5. Caveman
6. Alteration
7. Flowers
8. Full Flavour
9. Go This Way
10. From The Rain

The review:

And then it was time for Element's third album. The first (Transform) was released in 2000 under Global Trance Network. It was a delicate album in that time, more akin' to what we'd later call progressive than the style that was made back then. Their second album 'Full Moon' was released in 2002 on Spirit Zone Records. That one put a lot more funk and daring (the vocals) in their music while still remaining very good. Element is one of the acts that manages to pull off vocals in their music which don't sound too cheesy. I always figured they sounded more like Underworld does sometimes. Anyway, in my opinion their first album was good. Their second was better. Now the third. And let me tell you that this is some seriously good stuff. Sounding even more progressive this is the next step in their sound. They put in less vocals and guitar sounds this time and have found the perfect balance. From start to finish this album is filled with their trademark funky sounds. I like the way they manage to create atmosphere and depth into the tracks. Some of the tracks feature vocals, particulary tracks 3,7,10 but they are by no means cheesy or distracting or even dominant. As I said before, Element has a way of blending in the vocals in a good manner. Some acts could certainly learn a thing or two from them at this point.

I'm not going to do a track by track review since it's not really my thing anyway. And there's just not much to be described about these tracks. You just have to listen to it yourself from the samples.

I can really recommend this if you're looking for a good progressive album to fill up your collection. Also, if you don't own their second album yet I'd advise you to seek that out too. It's really good as well. It's on the now dead label Spirit Zone, but psyshop still ships it.

Anyway, for a third album Element have done great work here. If you like progressive, deep and funky tracks, check this out.

My faves: 1,2,4,6,7,8,10

Samples here:
http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/avr/avr1cd007.html
http://saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=5338
          "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
Basilisk
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  168
Posted : Sep 7, 2006 19:46
Good review - I agree! This one is sadly overlooked.

Here's my take, with track-by-track comments:
http://www.ektoplazm.com/reviews/element-alteration/
Madpup
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Sep 16, 2006 01:08
I havent heard this album, so i got to ask, what are the lyrics like? Full Moon is a great album, but the lyrics are terrible and they really devalue the quality of the music for me
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Sep 16, 2006 02:21
Quote:

On 2006-09-16 01:08, Madpup wrote:
I havent heard this album, so i got to ask, what are the lyrics like? Full Moon is a great album, but the lyrics are terrible and they really devalue the quality of the music for me

There's far less lyrics here. And what's here is mostly kinda whispered and far less lyrical if you get my meaning.           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
psyrexian

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Sep 16, 2006 02:40
Transform is still miles away from this one !          LIFE IS GOOD ON TRANCE!
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Element - Alteration (2005 - Avalanche Records)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance