Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Electrum (Alchemy, 2001)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Electrum (Alchemy, 2001)

___shahar
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  70
Posted : Dec 31, 2001 15:03:38
[b][u]Electrum (Alchemy, 2001)[/b][/u]
1. Bent Sentinent- Coursing Through My Brain 9:05
2. Mumbo Jumbo- Bubble & Squeek 8:15
3. Miraculix- Energise 8:03
4. Neuromotor- Chaotic Systematic 7:42
5. A.F.R.O.E- Shock Hazzard 7:44
6. Sinister Funk- Funky Doodle 7:31
7. Deviant Species- Carrier 8:13
8. Miraculix- Blow Your Mind 7:14
9. Dark Soho- Sunspot 7:30

A new young label based in England and ran by DJ Shane Gobi from South Africa. Good vibes here, and mostly good full on morning sounds.

Bent sentinent, a first South African group I hear with a great driving morning tune full of uplifting power. I want more from them. Mumbo Jumbo with a nice psychedelic yet clubby tune, nice grooves and an hysteric finish. Still, not the best of the duo. We also have a new discovery here- Miraculix with two full on energetic scratchy and melodic killers- Energise (T3) & Blow Your Mind (T8). I haven't connected to this kind of music for a long long time, and it's nice for me that it happens again. This is a name I'm gonna follow. I understand there's a full length expected in Alchemy soon, he just has to work on the sound. We have Neuromotor with a sample from his crazy chaotic trance, just as the name suggests, he delivers the goods. A.F.R.O.E. with a mash of blips and scratches that somehow doesn't melt into something complete. Then Sinister Funk, here Ofer with Bansi, with a nice track, great scratching sounds that really do it to me but the build is not overwhelming. Deviant Species with their amazing Carrier, a fast powerful track with a happy driving bounce, toyish sounds, and a totally psychedelic atmosphere. Dark Soho finish the story and deliver a scary massive track with great rhythm games and the expected scary gothic feel.

[b]Bottom Line: [/b]Good dancing material, the right amount of power, and a nice start for a new label. They just released their second release, I'll look it up. [b]Favorites:[/b] 1, 3, 7, 8, 9.
___Sputer
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  85
Posted : Dec 31, 2001 15:07:03
Just now Sun Spot released ???

Its oldddd
___zahimi
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  0
Posted : Dec 31, 2001 15:19:46
its a track named like the album.
yet the album "sun spot" didnt have that track in it.
___the_cannibal
Old Forum Member
Posted : Dec 31, 2001 16:17:17
nice cd ...
___Sputer
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  85
Posted : Dec 31, 2001 20:31:16
I mean Sun Spot the track.. old
___DJ_Kenneth
Old Forum Member
Posted : Jan 1, 2002 13:30:31
Nice album but pretty old.............
The miraculix - energise is 1 of my last years floorkiller tracks of the year......
also the sisnister funk track is very nice and the mumbo jumbo is also nice....
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Electrum (Alchemy, 2001)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance