Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Party Promotions - Electric Ladyland, Utrecht 02/04/2005
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Electric Ladyland, Utrecht 02/04/2005

kabamaru
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  24
Posted : Apr 3, 2005 17:24
Don't you just love it when you just go to a party with no expectations at all and you end up having one hell of a night? Well, thats what happened to me yesterday night here in Utrecht anyway. The party was organised by Kaleidosphere and it was an ALL women dj party!! I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised, we need more women djs, most definately! The line up was Mars (9 lives of Hofmann), Viris (Psylosophy), Eye-Riz (PsyFi/Nexus), Shaktycat (Kagdila records). A really nice touch was the live electric violin played by Rachel Grace (a bit too loud and dissonant and out of sync some times, work a bit more on it its a great idea!). The music up to 4 oclock was in the borderline of progressive and full-on psy with heavy psychedelic layers and melodic synths on top, sounding like old skool psy coming back in full force (a bit clubby at times I must admit). After 4, the sound turned to the usual dark/hard stuff which I dont dig that much.

There was also a bar/chill out area, playing some mid/downtempo stuff, nothing incredible but really useful to relax a bit.

All in all, the music was really great (hey, at least in the dancefloor, it might sound a bit dull or boring at home) the electric violin was a very nice touch giving a more earthly feeling to the atmospheric/futuristic sound of modern psy and the dj mixing was spot on (perfect beatmixing and timing, a couple of dissonant mixes). Keep it up girls!!!
          --- open the doors and let the music flood in ---

https://soundcloud.com/spinnet
https://soundcloud.com/one-arc-degree
https://soundcloud.com/fabrics
Shaktycat

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Apr 8, 2005 18:55
Quote:

On 2005-04-03 17:24, kabamaru wrote:

After 4, the sound turned to the usual dark/hard stuff which I dont dig that much.

...uhm..do i see myself there..?
Well- good to know that u enjoy the party anyway, and i agree with u that when u less expect it - for sure it's the moment ur gonna have the more fun!
That makes me remember my first trance parties i went, when i didnt know the difference between a dj & the other, a style or another one...but had xtra-fat good time!!!
Still - just between me & u - i tell u...
...i do prefer the darker stuff to the discolalala...

:: Sub Kuch Milega ::
Trance Forum » » Forum  Party Promotions - Electric Ladyland, Utrecht 02/04/2005

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Indoor - Indoor Party Outdoor - Outdoor Party Free Parking - Free Parking Free Water - Free Water Chill Area - ChillOut Area
Free Drink - Free Drink Free Entrance - Free Entrance VJ - VJ Deco - Deco

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance