Trance Forum » » Forum  Party Promotions - Eclipse Gathering Turkey 2006
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Eclipse Gathering Turkey 2006

moosz

Started Topics :  1
Posted : May 23, 2005 16:47
Hello!
Here is a bunch of people who so far made it to Hungary in 1999 and to the one in 2001 in Zambia, both unforgettable experiences which turned us in to eclipsehunters.
Both happenings organized by Solipse people I haven't heard from yet refering to the next coming one in march 2006.
Forever I will be thankful to these people, especially to Fish, 'Who Was Crazy Enough To Do It'.
It's certain that I would not refuse another invitation to come and play on a Trance Festival in Turkey but it is actually not what I'm looking for, this time I'm not looking for drug-taking people ' '''' ', off their heads shouting the moment away, I don't mind that people take drugs, although I just know taking synthetic drugs especially acid is really bad for you, IF they take care, not to often, not to much, on 'the right' moment, keeping it a special occasion and certainly not ON the moment of an eclipse, this may be something very personally but really; the eclipse itself can't be beaten by any drugs and correct me if I'm wrong but I think to believe that an eclipse always takes plays on the moment of a new moon so besides of the purity of the moment of an eclipse, (once I heard that some cultures in China or even several cultures in Asia believe that an eclipse is the perfect moment for evil to accomplish anything since earth is cut of from the sun, the light, the Life, God.. so we'd better beware and stay clear and together on a moment like this..) new moon is a period of purity to start with, NOT the right moment to take any poison!
Not many people nowadays know this by the way, people think it is something you should believe in or something but it is just nature's law, there used to be a time you could find this wisdom amongst many cultures all around this planet, people didn't read this stuff in books from new age shops, they just knew without even knowing the existence of other cultures.
Personally I also don't like to play music ON the moment, specially not very uptempo dance music, certainly not bad dance music and I'm sorry but how Sweet Creative Caring Well-organized and most important: Passionate (great deco, beautiful food, so many nice, lovely people, don't get me wrong!!!) as the Trance Scene can be, how bad I find most of the Trance music I hear on those festivals, no variety, ONLY goa trance, hardly no authentic (since there is sound, there is trance music) and or acoustic music, both last parties were on sceneries which could have offered so much music from their own, i was well surprised by the children's chorus right after the eclipse in Zambia coming from the main-stage, respect! but this heavenly singing was blasted away much to soon by again just another purely synthetic goatrack played by some goa dj not being able to take it easy, to take care, slowly start of and welcome the return of the sun with respectful music and slowly make ourselves a way to the night..
Music on the main stages on both parties also didn't stop, went on for 24 hours, hard tempo, hard beat, no way to sleep on the camping place if you chose to go to sleep, to be able to wake up a normal time and EXPLORE! meet people from there and see where you are, Hungary I knew and loved a long time before '99 but I never, as many others, went to Africa, what an opportunity! and..I never went to Turkey, what an opportunity..
I didn't plan to post this reply to talk about drugs and bad music although it may be a way to meet other people who are also looking for a different party, I prefer the word gathering, a gathering with music and off-course dance music, but not only Goa trance or even better: NO GOA..

Does anyone reading this know anything more about someting like this happening in Turkey next year?
It is our dream to organize something ourself, besides our regular life we are all for years now, in some way active in the party scene, some of us are dj's, vj's or/and producers, our sites:

http://www.bafsoundsystem.com
http://www.dreambeamers.com

So what we are actually looking for is a place to throw a party, a gathering ourselves, who can help?

Does anyone know someone living in Turkey with access to an area in which the Total Eclipse will take place?

Or are there already people organizing something like this and who we could join?
Let's keep each-other informed, our bunch of people is a group of at least 15 people from The Hague, Netherlands, who are serious about going to Turkey, not sure is if any of us will have the time and space to go to Turkey some months before to set up anything, I hope we will all meet.
To anyone not having seen a 100% eclipse yet: make sure you don't miss out on this one, the words beautiful, amazing and incredible don't come close, there is no way to describe such a thing in any words, not to be missed in this life!
Thank you in advance for any reactions.
Love & Peace, Moosz.

ps. One of the nicer outdoor festivals in Europe is the Sziget Festival in Hungary, august 10-17, let's meet there!
I'll be playing in the Ambient tent.

flabbergast

Started Topics :  6
Posted : May 24, 2005 17:33
Hi Moosz,

dunno if you remember me, met you at both of the fantastic Solipse parties, and later at a party in de Blauwe Aanslag.

I agree with you to some extent.
Being totally off your face doesn't really do the eclipse justice. Afterwards you cannot tell what part was hallucination and what part was real eclipse.

And certainly, blasting trance music during the eclipse is a stupid thing to do. One should be able to hear the sounds of nature or even people. And we should be allowed at least the option of tranquility during the cosmic event. Musically, it would be nice with a slow but steady buildup after the eclipse. Maybe start with some chillout and accoustic stuff and always keep the flow in mind.

That said, I can say that music wise the Solipse parties were far from perfect. (Musically the Etnicanet eclipse party in the Kruger park was much much better) But the notion of no trance at all is a bit extreme. If you want to attract a trance crowd, then playing trance really helps!

As a partygoer, you can make a lot of choices yourself. If you're tired of loud music, fine, go to the chillout and chat to some people over a chai. If you're tired of drugs, fine, stay sober.

But then, the more choices you have, the better. Wouldn't it be perfect to have one chill, one trancefloor and one live stage (world/dub/ska/gypsy/jazz/etc.)? Sounds like an ideal setup to me!

Can't make it to Hungary, but I hope to see you on some beach party and we'll discuss this further. Of course I'd be happy to support you in any way possible!           "Don't mind your make-up, you'd better make your mind up." - FZ
Parisyclone

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jun 24, 2005 17:28
Hello to u guys, well can u please answer a few questions?? Is this party going to happen? what will the weather b like as this is winter and isn't it very cold (snow??) this time of year in Turkey? What is the lineup? What is the officials like to the trance community? what trance parties have gone ahead in Turkey?
I have been to a number of celestial gatherings ova the past 20 yrs and have to say that Psy-trance Eclipse festivals were the best, (with israeli/jewish DJ and producers being a major part of the festivals) so hopefully this being a trance forum, dedicated to the freedom to choose what we take when we take it and where, as well as the music, I hope that this eclipse festival happens on the beach in Brazil where the eclipse will occer at 8.35 in the morning and totality will go for nearly 2 mins, and the festival is put on for trance lovers by those that love trance in a country famous for parties and where psychedelics have played a major part of their cultural heritage!!
Borris
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  45
Posted : Jun 24, 2005 23:46
Actually, music at both solipses did stop during the larger eclipes happening.

it wasn't 24 hours at all, closer to 16 hours a day of music.

and if u want no Goa/Psy trance then why write it on a goa/psy trance forum?           Kinetic Honda GmbH, Worldwide Supliers of Quality noise.
Progression Sessions of the 3rd Empire!
webgrrl

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Jul 6, 2005 12:56
i have made a blog where i put ALL info i find and hear.. to share with all around the world that wants to go to TURKEY to experience the eclipse magic.. http://eclipse2006.blogspot.com/

there is good news today!

OZDOOF : Australian Psystrance Party Photos & Events : www.ozdoof.com
WEBGRRL.ORG : INTUITIVE DIGITAL ARTIST : http://www.webgrrl.org
PRINTS & CREATIONS FOR SALE : http://www.redbubble.com/people/webgrrl
Trance Forum » » Forum  Party Promotions - Eclipse Gathering Turkey 2006

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Indoor - Indoor Party Outdoor - Outdoor Party Free Parking - Free Parking Free Water - Free Water Chill Area - ChillOut Area
Free Drink - Free Drink Free Entrance - Free Entrance VJ - VJ Deco - Deco

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance