Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - ECLIPSE 2007: SUMMER ELECTRONIC MUSIC FESTIVAL: JULY 27-28-29-30 IN QUEBEC
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

ECLIPSE 2007: SUMMER ELECTRONIC MUSIC FESTIVAL: JULY 27-28-29-30 IN QUEBEC

abboudi

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Jan 4, 2007 18:46
This festival is amazing, no words to describe it. i went in 2005, will go again soon. Happy vibes the whole time.
wichdokta
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  35
Posted : Jan 5, 2007 19:34
How does a California DJ go about getting booked with you guys for this fest? I've PMed TECH SAFARI, but no answer. I'm with Geomagnetic.tv and Acidance Record Labels and would love the chance to come meet my brothers and sisters in the eastern Canadian region. I have a tour being booked, the post is here in "N.Americas" section " Wichdokta's N. American tour and beyond". You can download sets from our "Geomagnetic.tv" website, click on "Artists" then click on "dj Wichdokta" and download. Hope to hear from you, Peace
paradigm
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  54
Posted : Jan 5, 2007 20:38
ive been barking up that tree for 3 years now Rich, good luck... I think its a headliners and members only club kinda thing           
Logical Light Music - SF
Straylight Productions -SF
Sound/Mind - Denver
Xcience - Midwest

mixes for dl at :
http://www.thehothouse.net/straylight/paradigm/index.htm

"He who ha-ha's last, ha-ha's best"
wichdokta
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  35
Posted : Jan 6, 2007 04:21
Dam, that's a long time! How do I become a member?
splinter
Splinter / Kode Six

Started Topics :  61
Posted : Jan 6, 2007 08:47
kode six workin hard for this one
GOAPETE
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Jan 12, 2007 19:49
Quote:

On 2007-01-04 18:46, abboudi wrote:
This festival is amazing, no words to describe it. i went in 2005, will go again soon. Happy vibes the whole time.

Well said my friend, it is an awesome piece of art with always a killer line up, they always do a good job. I wish the organizers all the best. I am sure it will be another great freak show.
Love & Light
http://www.goatrancemission.com
Jester Records
Jester Records

Started Topics :  24
Posted : Jan 12, 2007 21:17
Its far from being a members only club.. They are just very specific for what they are looking for at there events.. The musical progression of there events is thoughtout in advance and they can only grab so many DJ's of the same style. PLUS, this year they are broadening there musical horizons (yay), maybe going towards electro and even techno, while still keeping there psychedelic theme !!

I can't even begin to imagine how many e-mails they must get per year from dj's begging to be booked at there event, and obviously there is only limited amounts of time and space.

The main focus is on international artists and DJ's whom have been working hard in our scene for YEARS. It sometimes takes more than having a loud mouth and being a good dj.

Getting back to the whole "members club" thing, well, that can't be true because they have always booked different Dj's every year, including myself once. It is very far from being a "friends only" or a "local's only" event !!

with this said, good luck and keep trying.
I can't wait to see the headliner's this year !!           www.jesterrecords.ca
paradigm
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jan 12, 2007 21:37
I can only imagine the amount of requests they must get. I sometimes have felt overwhelmed in the past with booking requests for the events and fests i have done.
However if promoters of such grand events such as Boom, Full Moon and Universo Paralello which all at a minimum have double the exposure and attendance of Eclipse can at least return emails from DJ's (granted they may not from all ,but do to ones with at least some degree of cred or reference) requesting booking info and criteria, than i see no reason why Tech Safari cant.

Sure they cant book everyone that contacts them, hell they probably cant book 3% of those that contact them but there is no reason why they cant respond even with a form blanket email saying that the decisions are already made, or what the proper criteria and channels to go thru booking submissions are, and to try again next year.
Being ignored year after year, im sure how one can see its easy to get a feeling its members only affair.           
Logical Light Music - SF
Sound/Mind - Denver
Xcience - Midwest

mixes for dl at :

Jester Records
Jester Records

Posted : Jan 13, 2007 01:03
Good point bro,
logically, you are 100% on the ball, but realistically it is alot more work than you think. Me myself, being good friends of the promotors, have e-mailed them (not even regarding bookings) and have sometimes not gotten responses from them. Sometimes, we read an e-mail one night on the fly, not having time to respond on the spot, and the next day, 30 other e-mails are to be viewed, many with high importance (like a response from an artist regarding a booking) that needs attention. That can cause a previous e-mail (regarding something that, honestly, nobody cares about) can get forgotten. I myself sometimes fail to respond to e-mails of all sorts.

Honestly, you are taking it too personal and you somehow think they remember you from the years prior and are not responding because they don't care about your request, where as i think they simply just didn't think of responding.

either way, try using there e-mail and avoid the PM's as you said you used.. that could help better. and make sure you are e-mailing the person in charge of the bookings and not the one who makes the flyer or the one who takes care of the budget nor the visual girl.

try this e-mail : rickam@techsafari.ca !! that one should get you a response !!!

i hope you get booked one day there so we can get drunk and puke on eachother's jeans, or closeline eachother in the river like I did to Dj Shankar !! lol.. ohh, the good times !!           www.jesterrecords.ca
Jester Records
Jester Records

Posted : Jan 13, 2007 01:04
ohh, and on a side note, do the people who throw Boom and those other festival's also do bi-monthly events ??           www.jesterrecords.ca
paradigm
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jan 13, 2007 02:31
all good points, and no, those other fesitval throwers do not do monthly's so rightly so im sure Tech Safari does have its hands quite full.
And you are certainly on the point about looking at an email with intent to respond but not having the time and it getting lost in future clutter. I myself am guilty of that so i guess its not fair to point a finger in that respect.

Ironically i am actually playing in Montreal along with Rickam @ the Biogenesis party at the end of March, so just as easy to give my 2 cents there in person, and let the performance speak louder than any words/ pm's or email ever can.
Dont know if thats your flavor of tunes or not, but would love to make your aquaintance if you happen to pop by...
and on this note, ill abandon this line of conversation and let this thread get back to its original purpose

Logical Light Music - SF
Sound/Mind - Denver
Xcience - Midwest

mixes for dl at :

cafrine

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jan 13, 2007 05:26
Hello everyone!

This year's Eclipse is going to be mind blowing and we are almost ready to announce the line-up!

We will also be collaborating this year with Sumkidz (Om festival)! They will be creating a multi-sensory, audio-visual environment, with the intention of creating an intimate and warm space for people to explore and relax.

On February 3rd, come celebrate the return of Amazone (special Winter Carnaval edition) with OTT, Species, FM Radio Gods, Yann, Rickam and Mat THC! We will be handing out pre-flyers for Eclipse!!!

As for booking inquiries... We are very sorry we have not responded to your emails. As Clown has stated, we have enormous amounts of requests for DJ bookings for Eclipse. With the organisation of the Festival, Amazone and our individual projects, it is difficult for us to anwser all emails. I guess we need a secretary

I would also like to correct you Clown, Yann and I also take care of many bookings and do not only do flyers and visuals as you have stated. Tech Safari is a team. You can find the emails of the collective on our website, do not hesitate to contact us as well.

This being said, I wish you all a happy new year! Looking forward to seing you at Eclipse 2007 and at Amazone!

Peace

Cat
DJ Shankar
Aerodrömme

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Jan 13, 2007 07:54
Quote:

i hope you get booked one day there so we can get drunk and puke on eachother's jeans, or closeline eachother in the river like I did to Dj Shankar !! lol.. ohh, the good times !!

My back still hurting from that one, Vinny!           Aerodrömme (http://www.myspace.com/aerodromme)
Tribal Vision Records (www.tribalvision.cz)
Shakti Collective (www.shakticollective.com)
TechSafari
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  55
Posted : Feb 15, 2007 07:57
Greeting from Montreal,

Artist confirmed !

VIBRASPHERE LIVE!
Digital Structures / Tribal Vision records
Uppsala ~ Sweden
http://www.vibrasphere.com

For almost a decade now, Swedish duo Rickard Berglöf and Robert Elster (better known to the world as Vibrasphere) have been pumping out tracks from their Cloud 99 Studios, helping to create the sound what is modern progressive dance music. With nearly 100 released productions to their name and gigs in all corners of the globe, they are without a doubt one of the most sought-after and respected trance acts in the world today. Their 3rd album Archipelago was one of the seminal releases of 2006 and firmly established Vibrasphere back on the scene after a short break. In the fall of 2006, Vibrasphere then successfully made the transition to a wider audience with their smash hit single "Floating Free" being picked up by superstar DJ Armin Van Buuren for his ASOT radio show and record label Armada Music. The result has seen Vibrasphere being played by the likes of DJs Christofer Lawrence, Markus Schulz, Menno de Jong and John 00 Fleming, and a whole new generation of Vibrasphere fans.

This move into a new scene has prompted Richard and Robert to start working on a new album “Exploring the Tributaries”, to be released in May 2007. As the title implies, this album will showcase a somewhat different side of their production- more experimental in nature it will range from downbeat/lounge right the way through to more club oriented material as well as minimal/electro. Preceded by a 12” in April, “Exploring the Tributaries” will no doubt be a fresh step in a new direction for one of progressive music’s biggest and most respected names- no doubt again they will help to forge a new direction for the electronic music scene. will be proceeded by a couple of 12" singles.

More to come!

peace and light!

Tech Safari team
info@techsafari.ca
http://www.techsafari.ca
http://www.eclipsefestival.com
TechSafari
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  55
Posted : Feb 15, 2007 21:23

KOXBOX LIVE!
Twisted records
Ibiza / Spain
http://www.koxbox.dk/

+++ DJ FRANK'E ( 3 hours dj set)

Stalwarts of the Danish scene for sometime Frank'e, Peter Candy and Ian Ion started working together in the early '90s. Frank and Peter had made their names as DJs, influenced throughout the eighties by bands such as Kraftwerk, Front 242, Tangerine and Nu Beat when the pair met the producer Ian Ion, known for his work with The Overlords. After releasing their first single on Where's The Party Records and a follow-up on Peter Candy's own Outloud Records, Koxbox came to the notice of DJ Sven Väth who signed them up to his seminal Harthouse label, who released six singles before the first Koxbox album Forever After. The album was widely recognised and increased the band's profile considerably. With the success, Koxbox decided to try out their material in front of a live audience and the unit had their debut together with house act Fluke at The Blitz in Denmark. After this experience the London house-boys had to spend quite some time recovering from post-psychedelic stress symptoms. In 1997 Koxbox decided to sign with the London electronica label, Blueroom Released and in November 1997 the album Dragon Tales was released. Dave Fowler pretty much summed up the reaction to the album in Muzik magazine; "Probably the most in-yer-face psychedelic outfit ever, with the possible exception of Brian Jones and his nomadic Moroccan tribesman circa 1967, Danish floor fillers Koxbox are not know for pulling any punches." The same year saw Koxbox remixes of Juno Reactor and Slinky Wizard and at the same time Frank'e and Ian formed the band Psychopod which released a couple of successful singles on T.I.P. Records. The following year of '98 was a year of change for Koxbox, Peter Candy left the band and Frank and Ian spent most of the year working on film music and a new album. In the summer of '99 after some exciting gigs all over the world and after Frank'e having his first child, Koxbox put the finishing touches on a new album The Great Unknown. The Great Unknown was a radical departure from the known Koxbox style, slower and more funky, but retaining the crystalline production and exquisite application of state of the art technology for which the band is known. With the album in hand the duo went to the new successful German trance label, Novatekk, who signed them immediately. The Great Unknown went on to become one of the best selling psy-trance albums of the new millennium, backed with a number of gigs all over the world that established Koxbox as one of the leading bands on the scene. And with the following 12”/CDM “A Major Problem in Australia”, they broke into new markets with a variety of remixes in a progressive style. After the success of The Great Unknown, Frank’e and Ian set out to work on the Psychopod project and give it a new spin. After the demise of T.I.P. Records, they decided to take the project in a new, more club oriented direction, while still retaining the original “sound breaker” concept. So the twosome decided to change the name to Saiko-pod. “Saiko” meaning “great” or “the highest” in Japanese. In 2000 and 2001 a number of tracks were released on different compilations to mark the beginning of a new style from the Koxbox lab. In the beginning of 2002 the first Saiko-pod album, “Phutures and Options” was finished and licensed to Spiral Trax (Sweden), Solstice Music (Japan) and Sound Sorcery (Mexico), thus securing that audiences all over the world are able to find the tracks they’ve enjoyed on the dance floor in their local record shop. While finishing Phutures and Options, Frank’e and Ian have been building new studio facilities in their hometown of Copenhagen and the cover of the album features a picture of the studio command centre. From this place comes 74 minutes of intelligent trance and downbeat that builds on the Koxbox tradition for punch and innovation. Following the release of Saiko-pod is a number of live gigs and remixes to stun and enjoy. And the rest is future history....

‘U-Turn’ Album gets things moving with Crazy, a twisted amalgamation of echoing voices, lightning flashes, and rhythmic intensity. Buffer Overdrive shifts from its percussive loop introduction to a solid kick overlaid with distinctive KoxBox harmonic signatures and sonic sculpting. No More Ghosts features an old-school baseline with a distorted loop breaking free into wild flurries of electronic sounds. Next Stop’s sharp kick is punctuated by seemingly random atonal sounds that transform into an eerie synth riff that will have listeners’ minds holding on for sanity’s sake. The biting rhythm of FM17 underscores hidden voices and a strong techno-inspired riff before ascending into higher harmonic frequencies. The quirky opening of This Can’t Be Real transforms into a melodic baseline that provides a solid foundation for a relentless rhythmic assault and hypnotic harmonies. Acid Drome shifts gears by moving into a more techno vibe with a discordant loop that and distorted kick that builds into a frenzy. Side Effects has an insistent percussive pattern that allows the entry of melodic mayhem halfway through the track. Voice Of blows an eerie vocal sample into a techno-swept soundscape of striking beats and electrical waves before returning and eventually fading into the distance.

This album has upped the ante on sound production, genre definition, and creative expression, and will have an important place to play in the repertoire of top DJs and in the collections of trance lovers worldwide

-twisted records

Love and light!

Tech Safari team
info@techsafari.ca
http://www.eclipsefestival.com
http://www.techsafari.ca
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - ECLIPSE 2007: SUMMER ELECTRONIC MUSIC FESTIVAL: JULY 27-28-29-30 IN QUEBEC
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance