Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - EAT STATIC - THE SINGLES 1993-1998 Planet Dog records
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

EAT STATIC - THE SINGLES 1993-1998 Planet Dog records

lara
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  116
Posted : Dec 4, 2009 00:41:55
EAT STATIC - THE SINGLES 1993-1998 Planet Dog records
www.planetdogrecords.com

CD1:
01. Lost In Time (7:47)
02. Gulf Breeze (Zetan Mix) (7:07)
03. The Brain (9:23)
04. Epsylon (9:40)
05. Dionysiac (8:23)
06. Peeow! (8:06)
07. Undulattice (Uforic Remix) (10:16)
08. Cocoon (6:16)
09. You Are Being Taken (8:00)

CD2:
01. Bony Incus (8:08)
02. Bony Incus (Shape Head Mix) (6:33)
03. Bony Incus (Mucor Mix) (8:53)
04. Hybrid (8:23)
05. Hybrid (Remix) (8:24)
06. Interceptor (7:51)
07. Interceptor (Remix) (9:16)
08. Contact (8:36)
09. Contact (Remix) (9:56)

In the era of new music,old is being forgotten and everything is being changed rapidly. There weren't so many singles, EPs, compilations nor albums as there are now. It's all thanks to the extreme developement of technology in both hardware and software aspects. How can today consumers look back to the times left behind and all the music created back then? Without taking into consideration the comments that the music before had "the thing", the newer hyperproduction took its toll. We are talking about Eat Static project and newly released double album "the singles" made from 18 old hits from the 90s. Knowing the style of this project, no matter when the tracks were created, we could expect a mix of many different styles of electronic music. from techno, drum'n'bas, trance and house to ambient, dub and the rest. Lots of vocals which are being filtered in different shapes and etno motives or computer-processed parts, which are very well placed into the composition of tracks with mechanical beats and rythms. By listening the 1st CD i am completly being transfered back into the times from which they originate. It is actually the sound that introduced me to the world of electronic music and showed me a new movement. I can freely say that the joy i felt by listening this release today, wasn't any less than it was back then when i started listening to electronic sound. No matter that all those modern devices nowadays made hyperproduction, this way kept its basis that gives me the same amount of adrenalin that those tracks that were in my top list back then gave me. I could say that with this release, its the same feeling as reading favorite book over again. Extraordinary feeling. Anyway, Eat static project was always for me one of those projects that got my attention in a very subtil and spontanious way. Their music was always in the limits of good taste. As i would like to say you have to get into the core of the music they make and not
scroll it like some season hits. Biggest surprise while listening to this were old analog simulations, so called laser sounds that old analog machines produce. I can fully fit in through the sound and images of his preformances that were often in these instruments. No matter that compilation has re-released material the joy is the same like in those times they were made. The unforgetable 303s and deep snare drums, soft kicks and sharp hats. We can say that we have a school book of electronic sounds in front of us. I have met lots of yount people that listen to newly released music and they should have some respect for those older releases as well.

Recommendation: Re-relase is big meaning there are lots of favorites. First place and best track is from cd2 and its track number 1 - Boni Incus. Then Mucor Mix - track no.3. "Hybrid" that is 4th track, "Contact" thaat is 8th track and Eat Static remix from no9. And from CD1 Lost in time, the brain, undulatice and cocoon.

Conclusion: I would only want to give a message to those who listened to this or want to do so that after listening to it, the whole thing end with System 7- alpha wave (plasticman remix). English school is english school after all )).
Enjoy

Lara
www.soundmute-recordings.com
          ------------------
http://www.soundmute-recordings.com
http://www.facebook.com/smrecordings
http://www.soundcloud.com/soundmute
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - EAT STATIC - THE SINGLES 1993-1998 Planet Dog records

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance