Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Earth Mutations (Dark Life Records) (c) 2006
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Earth Mutations (Dark Life Records) (c) 2006

Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Jan 25, 2007 16:58
Compilation: Earth Mutations
Label: Dark Life Records
Released: December 2006
Cover: (front) http://www.juno.co.uk/covers/249812-01-front.htm
Cover: (back) http://www.juno.co.uk/covers/249812-01-back.htm

Tracklist:

1. Wing Ping - Operative Psedonym
2. Multi Evil - Scroll Of Evil
3. Samadhi - Film Mutation
4. Lab - Syndrome
5. Wing-Ping - Emp-Error
6. Lab - Paranoia Lab
7. Psychoz - The Beginning
8. Megalopsy vs. Pandoras Box - Para El Gordo
9. Paper Squad - Dark Life On Acid

The review:

Another new label, another new compilation filled with night-time psytrance. Let's go through it track by track then.

Track 1: Starts off with some samples and atmospheric noises and continues with a quite standard dark little bassline and a sharp kick. Sampled voices throughout the track. This is built up pretty nice, the real tune doesn't come in until about 4 minutes and then it's all the way pumping until the end. Nice staccato bassdrum in the end. A good opener.

Track 2: Starts with water samples, develops a kick and bassline (quite a dark one) and squelches along. The track doesn't have a lot of variation, but somehow it works. This is also a pretty dark track, so for once the darkpsy label is justified

Track 3: Samadhi I always liked and this track is no exception. It's like Kindzadza but less weird. Good buildup, nice psychedelic atmosphere and not so dark as track 2. Good stuff, one of the best tracks.

Track 4: Starts off with some atmospheric sounds again and comes up with a stomping bassline and a more dry kick this time. Has kind of the same thing going as track 3. Nice work, and a worthy addition to the tracklist.
Nice work on the break at around 4 minutes and I like the general flow in this one.

Track 5: Wing Ping at it again and this starts off with some sampling and quickly turns into a quirky synthgarbage with a tight bassline and a dry kick again. A simple acidic lead makes up this one and overall this is pretty good, although it may not be everyone's cup of tea. Has some high pitched sounds at around 4 minutes that don't really do it for me but I still find myself strangely drawn to the track.

Track 6: Lab at it once more and this is a kick-ass track. One of the best on here together with Samadhi's track in my opinion. A good pounding bassline and kick and some great atmospherics and sampling together with a wicked ass drive and you're set. At around 05:30 the track really kicks it up. Great for the dancefloor and one of the best here.

Track 7: And another stomper comes our way with this. Reminds me a bit of Tim Schuldt actually with the dark pads and the organ samples used to good effect. Crazy as hell with some wicked sampling and breaks and we're on to another great track here.

Track 8: Megalopsy is an act that most psytrance listeners will know, and this track clearly has their influence written all over it. Dark atmospheric start, some sampling and the bassline and kick start. The track takes you up slowly and evolves into another partymonster. Rams in a break at around 3:30, continues slow for a while and then takes it up again, turns really fast in the break at around 5:30 and then brings the track to normal speed again to the finish. Nice track here and no mistake.

Track 9: Paper Squad brings this one to a close and it's a pretty good track as well.
A little slower, but by god that bassline hammers home. Wicked ass acidlines and a demented tune do wonders for the psychedelic mind Anyway, a pretty good track and a good way to finish this off.

Overall: A solid compilation. Most of the tracks are really good, so if you like this kind of psytrance you should really check it out. If I have to name one downer I'd say that a compilation with madness like this could've been rounded off with a nice chilltrack, but hey, it was intended for party purposes I guess, so that's a minor thing. Anyway, listen to the samples and judge for yourself.

Listen to samples here:
http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/dlr/dlr1cd002.html
http://saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=6278           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
pete
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Jan 25, 2007 17:04
I really enjoyed this compilation. The Samadhi track is very relentless, has a nice little dash of melody, and some funny little tricks, I especially liked the passage where it has 1/16th notes for one beat, teasing you.

The lab track with the short breaky passage is a lot of fun too.

Overall one of my recent faves.           http://soundcloud.com/herbert-quain
jaros
Fobie

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jan 26, 2007 09:38
PUNK ROCK STYLE!!!
Lepton
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Jan 26, 2007 12:01
good release !! finally new wing ping material ...

one of the best darkpsy comp from 2006, recommanded !!
Invasion
Digitalist

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Jan 26, 2007 20:54
Wing Ping - Operative Psedonym this one i enjoyed a looot, also its best to listen on big soundsystem , definitly wait to listen more wing ping!

samadhi's track also one of the better tunes from the comp (beside all tracks are really nicely)

one great release with top selection of tunes!

!! thx for doing such nice release !!
montezuma
Blisargon Demogorgon

Started Topics :  56
Posted : Jan 29, 2007 19:37
yeah dark life did it again keep like this guys

i really enjoyed this cd so much

waitin already for next one

very good work

thumbs up

http://www.facebook.com/BlisargonDemogorgonBhooteshwara
All...

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Jan 31, 2007 18:33
For sure a must have for every dark listener. For me one of the best dark releases in 2006!

Acidhive BIG thx for review.
TerraTech
TerraTech

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Feb 1, 2007 03:21
killer line up... really enjoyed this release special number 8 , great great work here

www.soundcloud.com/terratech
www.urbanantidote.com
www.2to6.net
MorNinG MaGiC

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Feb 4, 2007 21:05
some nice traxs in here ..!
esp the lab traxs the samadhi trax and the megalopsy onezz ..!
keep em cumin guys .>!
best of luk for the future ..!
BOoomm
serz

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Feb 5, 2007 10:10
Nice V/A... I really like Lab's and Megalopsy's track.           serz/xynapse
www.djserz.com.ar
Ernest - Dark Life rec.
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Mar 6, 2007 13:31
Thanks for good words           http://www.darklife-records.info/
***OUT NOW***
#.DLRSCD002 V/A "Earth Mutations"

***FUTURE***
#.DLRSCD003 LAB [PT.] album
#.DLRSCD004 MANIFOLD [RU.] album
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Earth Mutations (Dark Life Records) (c) 2006

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance