Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  World Music - DuOud - Wild Serenade (Label Bleu, 2003)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

DuOud - Wild Serenade (Label Bleu, 2003)

Kaz
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  90
Posted : Jun 2, 2004 11:29
Why did I listen to this in the first place? No idea. I've been listening to loads of IDM, and was just curious about other styles of music. Expectations from this album? That it'll be a fun listen as someone with (what I think is) good taste in music gave me this album for a few good listens. I had never previously heard anything from this act or this label.

DuOud - Wild Serenade

01 Yarimo 02:24
02 Racailles 03:33
03 Zanzibar 05:57
04 Interluth 01:42
05 Chase 04:43
06 Ne Yalam Soyleyeyim 02:33
07 For Nedim 05:17
08 Racine d'énnéade 03:35
09 Berlin Paris 05:06
10 Le Retour d'ulysse 07:34
11 Midnight for Dancing with Friends in the Living Room 04:59

I'll drop my usual way of writing about each track this time, because this album is only 47 minutes long and made of 11 tracks. This album goes through a lot of musical influences from the medditeranian (from Arabic music to Spanish), good drumming work, a lot of guitars (acoustic and electric, with a few wicked guitar solos too), violins, the oud and also adds a few touches of electronic music. You won't be hearing any super-refined electronic vibes like in IDM, no cutoff games like in psytrance - very little in the way of electronic music vibes in general (Interluth is a little bit different in that). But this is good music. REALLY good music.

Each track stands on it's own, has a different feel to it, from the upbeat Chase to the funky yet relaxed Racine d'énnéade, Racailles is somewhat reminiscient of Ozric Tentacles and Interluth has it's short yet very electronic vibe.

This is FAR less electronic than Shpongle's Tales of the Inexpressible. As a journey through sound, it cannot be compared to most electronic music. But if you just enjoy something different, not electronic, from time to time, then this is one short (as I mentioned, 47 minutes) yet interesting ride.

Recommended - but only for those who enjoy something less electronic from time to time. I don't know if I can give it a grade yet, because this one is all about the music, not about the sound. This is one worth more than one or two listens.

7.5/10 at the moment I guess, but may (very probably) go higher with time.
          http://www.myspace.com/Hooloovoo222
Outolintu
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  63
Posted : Aug 8, 2004 19:29

you got me interested and hooked

i found some sound samples on the net and
ordered the cd. have given it a few spins
so i can't give a proper judgement but what i can say already is that i like it and maybe will start to like it alot .
for me it could have been even less electronic...
Outolintu
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  63
Posted : Aug 10, 2004 14:02

now that i have listened to the album
properly i'll have to say i got some mixed emotions. there are some very good tracks
indeed like the first two but also tracks
with no flow or interest to me (especially tr.5 and 11). the players are very talented but perhaps it would have been better if a more professional (?) and experienced sound wizard would have done the arranging and tweeking on the computer and synths / software on some of the tracks.

but still: thumbs up!
Trance Forum » » Forum  World Music - DuOud - Wild Serenade (Label Bleu, 2003)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance