Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Equipment - DT880 pro or AKG K701 ?
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

DT880 pro or AKG K701 ?

symbion

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Jun 9, 2011 01:14:19
I'm planning to buy a new headphones..
My primary use will be listening to psytrance music, and to some extent music production/mixing, using the Alesis MKII studio monitors for reference.
When doing mixes on my own tracks I need to be able to trust the headphones, but at the same time I don't want it to get boring or too flat while listening to my favorite music.(Psytrance,Drum and Bass, Dubstep, Trip-hop, Chillout,...)I've done some research and these AKG K701 and Beyerdynamic DT880 PRO was very interesting... any thoughts about these, which would you buy??

Thnx in advance
PoM
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  162
Posted : Jun 9, 2011 04:14
i have the DT880 but can t comment much as i never used the akg .the dt 880 are a bit boring and flat yes only the stuff that translate great sound good(and good is a big word here, it don t sound hyped at all),i find them revealing , they are considered some of the best headphone for monitoring/reference with seinnheiser hd600/650 ,akg k701 are suposed to be good too.
i guess they all sound a bit boring but with plenty of details that what make them good headphones for reference.

a track i m very used and heard in many different speaker and i know sound good but too much compressed is spor overdue , on the dt880 it sound JUST ok ,the sound is really not hyped but critical,really good to use as reference .
Trance Forum » » Forum  Equipment - DT880 pro or AKG K701 ?

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance