Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Ambient & Chill Out - Dreamfish – Dreamfish (remastered & re-released on Avatar on 2001)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Dreamfish – Dreamfish (remastered & re-released on Avatar on 2001)

Candy
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  184
Posted : Jul 14, 2003 14:20
1. School of Fish
2. Hymm
3. Fishology
4. Under Water

I know it’s quite an old c.d but it’s a timeless one I believe. I mean this re-release is from 2001, I have no idea when the original copy was released, I guess a long time before.
Anyway, I was searching for some chill to go to sleep with, and I was recommended this one, and bought it.

There are only 4 tracks in the album since every track is a long masterpiece. One of the tracks even approaches the 30 minutes.
The whole album is beatless. Very atmospheric, lots of “calming sounds” such as sea waves, gentle night sounds – all of caressing mother nature sounds there could possibly be.
I found myself floating while listening to it, half awake half asleep. Hallucinating while being in a weird state of mind. Seems this c.d puts you in a sort of meditating condition, almost hypnotizing. You feel drawn into loops in your mind, your thoughts wonder far away, developing your imagination without even being aware of it.

Therefore and consequently it is a very relaxing album. Excellent ambient.
I would love to have more details about who this group is and of their work.

Btw, I’m copying what’s written on the cover:
Dreamfish is a psychoactive creature consumed by natives on a certain island for shamanic rituals.

I think it says it all. This album certainly made me enter into such a dreamfish state of mind.
          Majority is never right!

"Without music, life is meaningless."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Zombi
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  375
Posted : Jul 14, 2003 17:56
its real classic of relaxing music, if im correct was released in 1995. i also own the re-mastered cd. boom to Avatar.           Believe your soul !
shahar
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  155
Posted : Jul 17, 2003 12:38
Here's mine: http://www.isratrance.com/www/reviews/show_review_details.php?go_to=al&show=73

I almost always play one Dreamfish in the opening of my chill set, usually Hymn. The original is from 93.

---------------------------------------------
"Be the change you want to see in the world!"
M.K. Gandhi

"There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self."
Aldous Huxley

Trance Forum » » Forum  Ambient & Chill Out - Dreamfish – Dreamfish (remastered & re-released on Avatar on 2001)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance