Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Domino mix (Equinox, 2000)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Domino mix (Equinox, 2000)

___shahar
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  70
Posted : Jan 24, 2001 12:52:52
Domino mix (Equinox, 2000)
1. Nerve- Channel 59
2. Hallucinogen- Beautiful People (Otts mix)
3. Genetic- Alpha State Synthesis
4. Bamboo Forest- Own Way
5. Total Eclipse- 10 Years of Trance
6. Nerve- Nervous
7. Jaia- Factory Mind
8. Lennie Lazer Bean- Bionic
9. Atmos- Qualitat im Quatdrat

Here is a mix from Domino coming from Japan side of things. This is a mostly full on heavy assault psytrance, and it’s really filled with quality tracks and big names old and new. Most tracks are released either on vinyl or CDs. The gems here are Nerve’s tracks, which also made me buy this compilation.
It’s starts with Nerve’s Channel 59, my least favorite of the 3 Nerve tracks I've heard, but don't get it wrong- it’s a great track! With one of the most massive kick and bass I've ever heard. These guys rock, they’re working on their album, and I'm waiting for it. Then it’s Beautiful People Otts mix (T2), the best track from the Demented compilation- typical Simon genius work. Genetic is back here (T3), and I haven't heard his stuff for a long time. This is old school with new sounds, very dirty low sounds, and a weird track, though nice. Bamboo Forest with their massive stormer Own Way from Flying Rhino’s 7th Flight, an exquisite sample of full on French style. Total Eclipse with 10 Years of Trance, kinda weird tune, and I didn't really connect to it. Then Nerve are back with Nervous- another relentless bass attack, and one I like even more than the opening track- they rule! Then it’s Jaia’s turn to surprise with a melodiless tune (T7), all rhythmic music, though still optimistic and dreamy at times- one of my favorites here. Lennie Lazer Bean is a new name for me, though nothing new from the music. It’s a nice happy track with a classic feeling to it, joined by great tribal drumming. Atmos closes the CD with the relaxed Qualitat im Quadrat from his album. Good one to sooth the assaulted ears and brain.
Bottom Line: Good CD, great tracks, very full on from dark to happy. The mixing is nice, but not exceptional- outro to intro. Favorites: 1, 2, 4, 6(!), 7(!), 9

___bagakid
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  0
Posted : Feb 10, 2001 10:58:44
I really love this disc, but I(and i'm sure many many others) had this disc in mp3 6-8 months before it was released. It was amazing with those 2 Nerve tracks and alltogether was an excellent listen.But why did it take so long to be released?Every track was out on an album, comp, 12'', and it really lost its novelty.Turn back the time machine and release it when it was fresh out the oven.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Domino mix (Equinox, 2000)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance