There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  DJing - dj`s metal case... original/pirated cd`s
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

dj`s metal case... original/pirated cd`s

TunPhoAux2

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Aug 19, 2009 13:48:12
I always wondered why some dj`s have copied cds and the others play only form original (buyed) ones? I`ve been to many psyparties and other genres and it gave me always a big time to think - how it is treated in the scene? does club managers interest that music is played in non legal way? or is it oposite - maybe the copied cd`s are just "safe copy" of original, then what kind of permission and from whom they take to have a right to perform it in public?

it`s so curious are the "pirate dj`s" lame or is it perfectly normal and no one cares about it?
Stregone
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  63
Posted : Aug 19, 2009 16:03
You also have to think that nowadays many dj's play a lots of unreleased stuff or digital selled stuff.... so if you have your music in high quality on your hd you need to burn cd's to play them in pioneer players...

But for sure I think many dj's burn downloaded for free mp3...
TechMonkey
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  41
Posted : Aug 21, 2009 00:12
Friend of mine is a CD DJ. He has burned copies that are a) rare/valuable discs he doesn't want to risk damage or loss with, b) stuff purchased through download, and c) stuff he's "borrowed".

Honestly though, with the ease of obtaining music through file sharing, I'd say a lot of people out there are using "borrowed" music. It costs a lot of money to build a good collection and keep up with the trends. Not everyone has that kind of $$$$ at their disposal. I think it's probably so prevalent that it's pretty much just commonplace and assumed. Club managers probably have better things to worry about as long as the floor is packed and the drinks are flowing.
ultraviolence
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  30
Posted : Aug 21, 2009 05:07
I pay for all my music, except unreleased stuff I get given by artists/labels and free web compilations. I never carry an original in my cd case, I always have 2 burnt copies of the same cd next to each other because a) I don't want to damage and wear out the original and b) I like to have 2 copies in case I wish to play 2 tracks from the same cd in succession.

I think I have every right to make as many copies of the music I paid for, for my personal use and DJing.           -------------- Dark & Twisted Night Psy --------------
https://www.facebook.com/Ga73k33p3r-322985384842830/
elastic_plastic
Re-Boot

Started Topics :  112
Posted : Aug 28, 2009 08:42
Quote:

On 2009-08-21 05:07, ultraviolence wrote:
I pay for all my music, except unreleased stuff I get given by artists/labels and free web compilations. I never carry an original in my cd case, I always have 2 burnt copies of the same cd next to each other because a) I don't want to damage and wear out the original and b) I like to have 2 copies in case I wish to play 2 tracks from the same cd in succession.

I think I have every right to make as many copies of the music I paid for, for my personal use and DJing.

+1

u said it all my friend!!!
polly
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Aug 28, 2009 14:53
Quote:

I think I have every right to make as many copies of the music I paid for, for my personal use and DJing.

well legally in most of countries you dont.

Even thou you have boght your cd's/mp3's it illegal to make copy of them for your personal use.

somehow i cant put any link here so us google "ria personal copies" or your own countrys "ria"

http://www.myspace.com/polly_potb
http://www.miazu-polly.com
http://www.sangomarecords.com
http://www.peopleofthebutterflies.org
Chemogen
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  166
Posted : Aug 29, 2009 12:31
Heard of this technique:

Put the pitch on the incoming track as high it will go (eg: +10.0)

Now for the most part, this means that the incoming track will always be faster than the outgoing one. So simply slow down the track with the jog wheel while you move the pitch slider down until the beats sync up.

Suloo
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  87
Posted : Aug 30, 2009 02:03
Quote:

On 2009-08-29 12:31, Chemogen wrote:
Heard of this technique:

Put the pitch on the incoming track as high it will go (eg: +10.0)

Now for the most part, this means that the incoming track will always be faster than the outgoing one. So simply slow down the track with the jog wheel while you move the pitch slider down until the beats sync up.

what has it to do with pirated copys?           -------......-------...-..-..-..-.-.-.-.-
Chemogen
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  166
Posted : Aug 30, 2009 17:42
Nothing at all, sorry Had multiple forum tabs open...Could a mod please move that last post to the "DJing with .7 technique" thread?

Thanks
Vensker

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Sep 28, 2009 21:47
Quote:

On 2009-08-28 08:42, elastic_plastic wrote:
Quote:

+1

u said it all my friend!!!

+2           www.myspace.com/vensker
www.dark-records.com
www.myspace.com/nucleocorpdjset
elesdifrend
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  159
Posted : Oct 2, 2009 17:15
What about music you can download for free at netlabels? There are some pretty good ones out there!!
Trance Forum » » Forum  DJing - dj`s metal case... original/pirated cd`s

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance