1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

dj`s metal case... original/pirated cd`s

TunPhoAux2

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Aug 19, 2009 14:44:15
I always wondered why some dj`s have copied cds and the others play only form original (buyed) ones? I`ve been to many psyparties and other genres and it gave me always a big time to think - how it is treated in the scene? does club managers interest that music is played in non legal way? or is it oposite - maybe the copied cd`s are just "safe copy" of original, then what kind of permission and from whom they take to have a right to perform it in public?

it`s so curious are the "pirate dj`s" lame or is it perfectly normal and no one cares about it?
Addictive Elements
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Aug 19, 2009 14:56
boooooringgggggggggg           ----- Hippies...they wanna save the earth....but all they ever do is smoke pot ----
lessless.sb

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Aug 19, 2009 15:30
author, are you in opposite to society?
TimeTraveller
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  80
Posted : Aug 19, 2009 15:31
well I do think its boring for many non artists.
But actually it would be some way of many to help evolving this music.Maybe even to rescue it.Or to help dedicated artists to come through and what not.
That would be more apropriate since I seriously doubt that there are lots of djs that play original cd's.
And if they are on big flyers - they should really deserve it ,as real artists do.It's a shame for people that buy that tickets even to come and enjoy a plur illusion or what? Where is it really than?
This is my opinion.
Organizers or good seriously loving psytrance scene organizers on big parties should or could even mention it on flyers - that here are spirits that play non stolen stuff - for your mind.
It would raise the quality and the plur spirit by any means.
I think that would be more shanti in any way.
Bom Shankar
          https://soundcloud.com/shivagarden
Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  236
Posted : Aug 19, 2009 16:00
Original copies can stay well and safe at home and the CDr's can join the gig.

+ bring a picture of the originals with you posing on the side giving a thumb's-up so that people won't go 'wtf, DAT dood is playing with pirates'
☼ DigiTrip ☼

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Aug 19, 2009 17:16
Quote:

+ bring a picture of the originals with you posing on the side giving a thumb's-up so that people won't go 'wtf, DAT dood is playing with pirates'

or just take the covers of originals and put them in cases with safe-copies

Hmmm... i`m also curious - ASSUMING that i want to become a dj, buying an album give me rights to play it in public? or do i have to get a special agreement from the albums parent label?
dj atatri
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  54
Posted : Aug 19, 2009 17:32
never ending topic....           Dj Atatri
Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  236
Posted : Aug 19, 2009 17:32
Quote:

On 2009-08-19 17:16, ☼ DigiTrip ☼ wrote:
Quote:

or just take the covers of originals and put them in cases with safe-copies

lol yeah ! where 's my head at? hehe
Shiranui
IsraTrance Full Member
Started Topics :  116
Posted : Aug 19, 2009 18:22
Quote:

On 2009-08-19 17:16, ☼ DigiTrip ☼ wrote:
Hmmm... i`m also curious - ASSUMING that i want to become a dj, buying an album give me rights to play it in public? or do i have to get a special agreement from the albums parent label?

It depends on the country.

In the US I believe you do not need permission from the copyright holder of the recording, but you do need permission from the copyright holder of the song.

However, if the song is under the ASCAP umbrella and the venue you are playing in has an ASCAP license you automatically have permission.
Basilisk
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  168
Posted : Aug 19, 2009 22:38
Why would anyone bring original CDs to a gig? All kinds of bad stuff can happen to your discs: spills, theft, etc.
☼ DigiTrip ☼

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Aug 19, 2009 23:39
Quote:

boooooringgggggggggg

Quote:

never ending topic....

be more placable ppl you`re maybe experienced but do not forget you had to learn this wisdom also. Like with driver license - you had to learn and pass the exam to be a driver. It`s nothing wrong to tell the "fresh-ones" how everything works in the scene, even 100x times.
Boom! and let the peace be with you!
supergroover
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  39
Posted : Aug 20, 2009 00:41
I do bring originals to gigs. It is too much trouble to burn every cd and listen to the whole cd to check for errors. I do make a back up for all cd's in case they get stolen. When i start to get 3 gigs a week i ll rethink my method

But alot of dj's also get stuff on beatport (more electro / techhouse stuff though) But there is no way of checking whether that was bought legally or just downloaded..

So far i have also never encountered a promotor that was actually really interested whether cd's were original or not.
rich
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  103
Posted : Aug 20, 2009 01:05
OT

Quote:

On 2009-08-19 23:39, ☼ DigiTrip ☼ wrote:
Quote:

boooooringgggggggggg

Quote:

never ending topic....

be more placable ppl you`re maybe experienced but do not forget you had to learn this wisdom also. Like with driver license - you had to learn and pass the exam to be a driver. It`s nothing wrong to tell the "fresh-ones" how everything works in the scene, even 100x times.
Boom! and let the peace be with you!

Finally somebody says the obvious. It had to be said. These topics will continue to come up - just as certain topics come up in any longrunning forum - as new members arrive, or old members come back, or whoever members have something come to them at various points in their journey (sorry for the hippie term).

This a place of "Trance Forming" culture, right?

Having said that, this is what I wrote earlier in reply to the topic:

Just cos it's a copied cd doesn't mean it was downloaded illegally.

For example:

The last 3 releases I bought were purchased as WAV files online.

I have downloaded at least 5 or 6 albums from Antiscarp and Ektoplazm (free music to download). (Thanks guys, you make me feel like giving back, and I do.)

I burn these to disk so I can play them in my car or to DJ. So my case is currently full of burned cds, not originals.

Thanks!
TimeTraveller
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  80
Posted : Aug 20, 2009 01:25
I ment is somehow diffrent... its not easy I agree with your points. the most here.
But I think the thinking of Rich is not the usual way.

thanks for Ektoplazm for exisitng!
          https://soundcloud.com/shivagarden
Basilisk
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  168
Posted : Aug 20, 2009 05:36
Always appreciated
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - dj`s metal case... original/pirated cd`s

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance