Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - Digital Karma 2004
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Digital Karma 2004

elemental

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Dec 14, 2004 16:27
heh right
so now we had a conversation about this soulseek thing you boys are into (!) and we hav decided that there are many who would be addicted to it and what after you soulseek albums and not pay this is not nice
not nice AT ALL
then i would like to ask the people here if there is a thing such as digital karma??
what do you think eh?

love
Basilisk
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  168
Posted : Dec 14, 2004 19:55
Remember how all the authorities said - if you download, the music you love won't be made any more?

Anyone notice how a big problem is the sheer number of releases right now?

There's no such thing.
traveller
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  234
Posted : Dec 14, 2004 20:22
Quote:

On 2004-12-14 16:27, elemental wrote:

then i would like to ask the people here if there is a thing such as digital karma??
what do you think eh?

love

just today the finnish police close down a huge finnish bittorrent site with 10000+ users. apparently they started monitoring the site about a year ago and even planted some sort of backdoor thingy to the server and now they know what exactly every single member has been doing for the last 12 months. the first thing they did was that they took shit loads of stuff from the site admins' homes. they are thinking about getting the biggest uploaders and new file releasers into deep shit and hell maybe even every single user. you can go to jail from that here for 2 years and end up paying money monthly for the rest of your life to the people who you stole from..           "The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program."
- Larry Niven
Justin Chaos
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  117
Posted : Dec 14, 2004 23:18
Every time the you download a track/album good kills a kitty.
          My fake plants died, because I did not pretend to water them.
Dark_Dork
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Dec 15, 2004 01:54
Quote:

On 2004-12-14 20:22, traveller wrote:
now they know what exactly every single member has been doing for the last 12 months.

My god... One day theyll find out about all the animal pr0n i download...
elemental

Posted : Dec 15, 2004 04:07

[/quote]

just today the finnish police close down a huge finnish bittorrent site with 10000+ users. apparently they started monitoring the site about a year ago and even planted some sort of backdoor thingy to the server and now they know what exactly every single member has been doing for the last 12 months. the first thing they did was that they took shit loads of stuff from the site admins' homes. they are thinking about getting the biggest uploaders and new file releasers into deep shit and hell maybe even every single user. you can go to jail from that here for 2 years and end up paying money monthly for the rest of your life to the people who you stole from..

[/quote]

ha ha! im sorry but this is so funny to me
my god eh? ha ha heh

Justin- i lkie kittens.
Davolo

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Dec 15, 2004 04:56
Quote:

On 2004-12-14 19:55, basilisk wrote:
Remember how all the authorities said - if you download, the music you love won't be made any more?

Anyone notice how a big problem is the sheer number of releases right now?

There's no such thing.

Quantity vs Quality .. Plenty of threads discuss how bad, cookie cutter blah-blah in a year of a number of really high quality albums ..
It's hard to agree or diasgree with you basilisk
blessed

Posted : Dec 20, 2004 22:57

Quote:

On 2004-12-14 19:55, basilisk wrote:

Bullshit.. There will allways be people making music becouse they enjoy it!
Basilisk
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  168
Posted : Dec 20, 2004 23:36
OK Davolo you have a point maybe. Hurt sales = more releases, but lower quality overall?
biberFreund
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Dec 21, 2004 01:46
Of course basilisk.
Sales are down -> Labels only release what will sell best. I dont blame them... it's because of the partypeople So sometimes this means lower quality (not much creativity), because some artists copy what is popular at the moment. There is no evolution in their music
Davolo

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Dec 21, 2004 02:00
My thinking is that novel releases create a particular 'formula' that has a good sales run which is then imitated..
People create music similiar to ??? because ??? and record labels will use it because it is proven it sells..

Apart from a true passion for music, why would a small label (person or people) take a financial risk (often personal) and a time investment in developing the creative skill of a 'new' sound?
If you can't delete a MP3 because it is so good then those people who worked on it deserve to be rewarded for their efforts by being paid for it.. that is my view on digital karma..
Liminalis

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Dec 22, 2004 08:41
At this point I think it's too late to turn back...Downloading is here and I don't think it's going anywhere. It's quite possible that the entire music industry will have to focus on different ways to make money. Perhaps having some more crazy artwork with albums will become more popular?
Has anyone seen the Tool album with all the Alex Grey artwork in it? Was probably expensive to release, but if more artists had packaging like that I think more people would dish out the money for it. Just a thought...
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - Digital Karma 2004

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance