Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Digital Drops USTA 2001
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Digital Drops USTA 2001

___bagakid
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  0
Posted : Oct 4, 2001 00:10:11
Theres only one word to describe the USTA people these days - relentless! Their catalogue is growing rapidly with new artists albums /compilations from their DJ's every other week. The latest addition is Digital Drops - compiled by leading Israeli DJ Auspexx who has spent a great deal of time in Finland and has recently returned to the Holyland , only to release a very unique CD that is a hybrid between the progressive, minimal artists of Europe and the new israeli talents in Atom, Guyshanti, and the Lish guys. If your expecting 3d Vision basslines and GMS like tweaking  - this is not for you. There is a logical progession of tracks here that leaves you facing the sound of today;  in places there are flashes of  the past and at the same time a vision for the future  -  it goes a little something like this!

1. The Gnome Effect - Visions of Gnomes
An excellent start with little percussion and sound games, the first few minutes just draws you in ,before diving into a superb kick and bassline. The ideal opener from the Gnomes perfect to get the audience moving and the listeners mind interested in whats to come.

2. Atom - Koo Koo
Its a cute bouncy track. Nothing massive, fun to groove with lightly, and has nice a nice rhythm. Its been produced by none other than BLT, so expect cracking sound.

3. Remedy - Theres Something
One of the sure 'hits' of the CD. It has been on Top 10's of leading DJ's for many months. A no-nonsense full - on night track and a sure party stormer .

4. 12 Moons - Sneaky suspicion
The little touches of melody will give old timers the goa feel. This  is goatrance baby!! It doesn't strike you immediately as you dont have  the typical 303 pulses and screaming synthesizers - but feel those sounds and rhythms, a really beautiful track which will be magic in the pre-dawn hours. I cant wait to be dancing to it in the outdoors!!

5. Outolintu - Johan Pompass!
 The title is very familiar amongst members of the Isratrance forums - who is the mysterious Johan Pompass?!! Straight from the finnish underground what we have here is a real psy tune, very hard to describe as  always is  the case  with the crazy finnish sound. Keep an open mind, and enjoy. A good one for the acid heads.

6. Highpersonic Whomen - Wonderbaum
One of my favourites here. Just love this style- progressive, percussive,  with touches of psychedlia flowing in and out. I'm  on the lookout for more from these guys.

7. Squaremeat - Still alive
Very funky tune indeed. I've never heard a track in this style before, but I'm digging it. Imagine a fluro nite club with with lots of neon lights, vodka, and a costume party. Well thats what i'm thinking..:)

7. LISH - Brainrush
My favourite here!! LISH are the the next big thing out of Israel and this track is  just evidence of it. An Atmos like closure with sweet delivery but pumping enough to make the dancefloor go crazy. I love it!!

Bottomline - Very Reccommended. For DJ's its an absolute must - I hope it releases on wax. Excellent for home listening as well, the tracks progress logically, the sound is unique, and most importantly the music rocks! One of the best compilations of the year - Keep on Tal and USTA.!!

___Alex
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  38
Posted : Oct 4, 2001 18:19:21
i second every word chaitu !!!
___Sputer
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  85
Posted : Oct 4, 2001 18:52:43
As always... :)
___pini
Old Forum Member
Posted : Nov 12, 2001 23:55:43
who distribute this complation?
___Auspexx
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  22
Posted : Nov 13, 2001 09:27:08
as I understand, MDMA started to distribute it, but because some professional conflicts they stopped, and now Phonokol is supposed to do the job.

I hope that sales wont be hurt because of it - not that I intend to see any money out of it, but I want ppl to be able to get a listen to it and experience something a bit different.
___DJ_Leo
Old Forum Member
Posted : Nov 13, 2001 14:47:44
more posts

http://www.isratrance.com/cgi-bin/boardnew//YaBB.pl?board=CDReviews&action=display&num=3789

___Mind-Attack
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  67
Posted : Nov 13, 2001 17:31:25
Good Album!
My Favorites Are:
2, 3 & 8
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Digital Drops USTA 2001

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance