Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Deviant Species- Hatch (Zerotonin, 2000)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Deviant Species- Hatch (Zerotonin, 2000)

___shahar
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  70
Posted : Jan 10, 2001 12:11:50
Deviant Species- Hatch (Zerotonin, 2000)
1. Psyclops 10:19
2. Bilboan Trance (album mix) 8:17
3. Jughead (album mix) 9:04
4. Cloud Breaker (the new AYM remix) 10:02
5. AYM (album mix) 9:01
6. Intruder (album mix) 7:45
7. The Eel 9:49

First time I get to listen to these guys, really, and I’m happy I did. Nice driving psychedelic trance, nothing too pretentious, very moving (physically as well), interesting, and mostly bouncy and groovy. And there’s a feeling there still things to discover here.
It starts with Psyclops, starting quiet, though dramatic, and evolving slowly into an open bouncy rhythm oriented track, with a lot of swishing flying sounds. Bilboan Trance is an open melodic classic dawn trance, emotional and touching in a subtle way, with a bit of an oriental atmosphere. In Jughead things start to get more rough- bouncy, groovy, with an eerie psychedelic melody, nice break and full on jumping time. Cloud Breaker has a sneaky crawling start, building up slowly and complexly, with a lot of space for the mind to wander to the point. Very danceable and a favorite. AYM is the most powerful track here, full on madness material, great sounds, great drive, yet with a lot of mind games- reminds me a bit of Prana stuff. Intruder is in the ‘confuse your brain department’, it’s also grooooovy baby! The Eal closes the album, opening very soft and journeying into more intense realms in a very visual way, login off in the same soft way.  
Bottom line: A friendly and fun butt moving album- good for dancefloor and brainfloor, good morning sounds. Favorites: 1, 2, 4(!), 5, 6.
[u][/u][b][/b]
___danger
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  6
Posted : Jan 10, 2001 14:43:23
I absolutely agree with You Shahar. it's for both homelisten and dancefloor. very good uk psy, twisted...
watch out their other tracks!!!!
___Ganesha
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  9
Posted : Jan 10, 2001 19:15:52
i didn't like this album

Very odd to me. Actually i don't like straight UK trance
___bomshankar
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jan 17, 2001 10:51:05
This one was nice surprise definitelyt. Heard one of the vinyls and liked it and the CD didn't disappoint me either. 4&5 rule bananas! Tribaly psycedelically and funkyly!
___Andy
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  5
Posted : Jan 30, 2001 17:46:27
Definately liked this album - agree with the rest of you![color=Orange][/color]
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Deviant Species- Hatch (Zerotonin, 2000)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance