Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Dark Elf - World Liquid Domination 2010 [Discovalley Records]
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Dark Elf - World Liquid Domination 2010 [Discovalley Records]

a3k
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  269
Posted : Jun 17, 2010 19:33:17
WORLD LIQUID DOMINATION

01 – Black Ikarian Nrg – 7:47 [148]
02 – Eternity – 7:50 [150]
03 – Loonar Park - 6:55 [149]
04 – World Liquid Domination - 7:34 [147]
05 – Run Into The Forest – 6:55 [149]
06 – Morpheus 3930 – 7:38 [150]
07 – Zeta – 8:13 [150]
08 – Chaotic Waveforms - 6:12 [152]
09 – CCCP (with Apnea) – 7:00 [150]
10 – Adam´s Night Ride (with Fractal Error) – 7:51 [148]

World Liquid Domination is the debut album of Dimitri Santas. After having dozens of releases spread in several compilations, Dark Elf finally released his baby, and in Discovalley Records, the label that saw this project being brought to life. To whom doesn´t know Dimitri´s work, expect music mainly orientated for the night period.

Black Ikarian Nrg (T1) is the opening tune. This one is excellent overture; it is full of energy – stomping all the way - very vigorous, with nice tricks, and some interesting up´s and downs, giving it extra variations. If the first track was very energetic, Eternity (T2), it is not the case that it isn´t, but it a weird track, and all the kick and bass energy go to second plan. The pumping of Dimitri is there on the background, but this is chaotic music, disconnected, no sense of reality sounds, and the electrifying leads go from one ear to another. At 4:20 minutes is suffers a twist and drops sounds to another scale. As soon as the kick and bass of Loonar Park (T3) begins, we understand we are brought into obscurity and trippy sounds. It is a track built with long and vague sounds, but the acid sounds in fusion with the percussion, create an industrial mood tune. World Liquid Domination (T4) is probably the most orientated track for the “drop”. This one is similar to the second track in terms of disconnection with reality. Expect some weirdo and sharp leads stretched to make you enter in other realms. The razor blade leads that enters at about 5:10 minutes is really disengaged with reality. Run Into The forest (T5) has the participation of Elena with her vocals. Some background leads are phantasmagoric and longue. The way the tune is built seems way slower than the bpm´s it presents herself. Expect 3 different stages of this track, the growing, where it is almost minimalistic, the evolving, where it keeps twisting, and finally the stressing out effect, where it slowly calms down. Morpheus 3930 (T6), once more we are brought into an obscure music, with some confused alien sounds in the moisture, with some well placed rushed moments, and energetic razorblade feelings. The finale of the tune is well built, with so many sounds and tricks in the percussive elements, without all the “noises” overwhelming one another’s. Zeta (T7) tune is a track where you can hear some leads almost like the sound of a flute, and it is interesting the calmness of this sound, when all in the background is being torn apart. The result of this duality is indeed a disturbed one. Chaotic Waveforms (T8): “the roads of evil” is the heard sample in the beginning of the track. Some sponge and bubbling effects are the warming up, then we get some electronic industrial sounds on the continuation. Just love the electric cutting edge leads! CCCP (T9), is a bonus tune, it is the first of the two collaboration tunes. This one is with Apnea, and together they form the Double Trouble project. Expect heavy industrial sounds, at the first moments of the tune. And I must be honest, the spoken samples I hear, they remind me of an old tune, now I am not sure if it is the Mosgorsvet track by Zolodarenko (Paranse, Big Noise) released on Deja Vú Fabrique, and more ahead in the tune we get an intrusion, with some Russian music, or so it seems – love the mix in there. And finally we reach the end of our roller coater ride with the final tune, and the last of the collaboration tunes: Adam´s Night Ride (T10) is the work of Dark Elf with Fractal Error. The tune touches unreality sounds, and industrialized echoes. It has some sharpened leads, but I feel it to be one of the calmer tunes of the CD.

So to conclude my review I just want to say that although Dimitri doesn´t bring anything truly new, it surely presents a mature artist who knows how to make good music. This album is surely the result of hard work, and perfection of his music production. One tune or another may seem too similar between them, but after some listens it becomes all so different, and each tune is unique on their own way. I have been a fan of his music since the beginning of his career, and I feel this is the maturation of several years of work. If you are a fan of his music, or are looking for some trippy sounds without being to edgy, this is an excellent choice.

Favorites: the whole CD has great night tunes, but for me the first one really stands out! 1(!!), 6(!), 7(!!), 8(!!).

Innersound

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jul 7, 2010 21:23
Great news man .....
Was waiting for this. :bounce3: ....Looking forward to listen
All the best to you and DVRec.
a3k
IsraTrance Team

Posted : Jul 8, 2010 19:14
dark elf cavalry

Lycantrop Records
Lycantrop Records

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Jul 14, 2010 02:55
Have been listening and listening and loving more with each listen! ))))))))))))))))))))))           OUT: SiShiva EP - XMiles, LickNDrop DBL CD VA LickNDrop, Phagos Sonus(RUS)- THEATRE OF THE DUST, Mind Oscillation (GR)-SCIENCEDELIC, Cosmic Lizard EP "REPTILIAN PATTERNS, Zik - Modal Phenomena, v/A Synchronicities
Discovalley Records
Discovalley Records

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Aug 23, 2010 15:45
We hope u enjoy the CD as much as we do.
For those wanting it in digital format:

http://beatspace-discovalley.bandcamp.com/album/dark-elf-world-liquid-domination-discovalley-records           DVRCD012 Path of Memories comin soon 25/Apri
you can buy all our cds direct from us through paypal!
contact discovalleyrecords@yahoo.com
anam

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Oct 14, 2010 14:52
i like
Perma Fry
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  56
Posted : May 2, 2011 23:05
Hi
That is a really nice review.

This Cd took me a few listens to understand its brilliance
Very atmospheric sound scapes and magnetic bass lines. I liked tracks 3 to 6 ... there is killer flow in this part of the cd for me.

One of the best Disco Valley releases
G'luck in the future

peAce

d1m1tr1
Dark Elf

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Mar 12, 2012 14:31
Thanx for the review Andre

Almost 2 years have passed, it's time for a new quest slowly slowly

i've set up a bandcamp page, those who want to support directly can have the album and more released tracks over there

all the best !

http://darkelf.bandcamp.com/           http://darkelf.gr
http://www.sonic-loom.com
Boulevard
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  55
Posted : Mar 13, 2012 06:47
Very nice album. Keep up the good work.           Mushrooms make you do crazy stuff. Look at Mario he jumps on animal heads and fights with dragons.
a3k
IsraTrance Team

Posted : Mar 13, 2012 19:30
Quote:

On 2012-03-12 14:31, d1m1tr1 wrote:
Thanx for the review Andre

Almost 2 years have passed, it's time for a new quest slowly slowly

i've set up a bandcamp page, those who want to support directly can have the album and more released tracks over there

all the best !

http://darkelf.bandcamp.com/

it was a pleasure dimitri

waiting for that new quest           ...
piwi

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Nov 23, 2012 20:48
i WANT IT !!!!
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Dark Elf - World Liquid Domination 2010 [Discovalley Records]

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance