Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  The Workshop - Dan Hurley: Nothin But (192kbps) Hard Melodic Trance
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Dan Hurley: Nothin But (192kbps) Hard Melodic Trance

quasimo

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Jun 1, 2007 05:13
Hi People,

The first of many tracks to come, Nothin But (192Kbps) http://www.mp3.com.au/popup/popup.asp?id=143430&new=Y

Hard Trance, with Vocals, Very melodic.

You can also view other tracks (about 30 of them!) at mp3.com.au/danhurley/

let me know if there's anything you want reviewed. Always happy to give comprehensive, constructive reviews (Been makin tunes for 15 years)

email mailto:dan@toecstar.com.au

Hope you like.
Dan
CrunchiMonkey
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Jun 2, 2007 08:48
15 years you say? sweet mercy!

To be honest man this forum isn't really the best place for this kinda trance. It's more about twisted and crazy psychedelic trance.

I'll review the track tho cuz I used to write this kinda stuff. Is this a new track?

I think it's a pretty good track. The bass and kick could be a bit meatier. Did you phase reverse your bass or something? It sounds a bit off-putting. I like the vocals, they sound very gabba like. Did you get them off a sample disc?

Melodically, it's well executed. Some great harmonies in there. Has all the intervals you'd want in this kinda epic stadium trance sound. Trouble is it's kinda been done to death, so it doesn't really excite me.

The structure is again, well executed, but lacking in points of interest/originality.

Overall tho this is a well mixed track, I can hear the experience! And you've brought all the elements of the composition together to form a cohesive whole. Nice one.

Have you listened to much dance music outside of artists like the ones you list on your mp3.com site? I suggest getting into some of the great new progressive psy acts coming out atm, it's very cool. www.psyshop.com can point the way for you.

- MacZero

quasimo

Posted : Jun 3, 2007 00:46
Thanks dude for such constructive feedback. You're right about the kick, It is a little loose and flabby. I'll be changing that first.

I mastered the bassline to be more audible and less sub focused. this was because the bassline gets pretty low at times during the track and I needed a sound to be equally effective in the higher keys as well as the lower ones. Ill admit the bass sound is not your authdox melodic trance type, All I can say is it's a reflection of my "sound". If you listen to some of my other tracks, you'll find many of the recent ones incorporate a similar sound.

Yes this is a new track,

no the vocals are from craig david - summer jam, they've been sped up and cut up, changing the words originally sung.

And you've hit the nail on the head, No this is not a relection of versatility or originality. It's a text book trance anthem. I feel I'm getting frustrated making tunes that I feel are original or different because when I do, no-one notices. And when they do, the critiscism usually relects an inability for MOST to think outside of the 'genre' they're most interested in. You're damned if you do and damned if you dont.

Dude my first love was psy trance, I just got the shits lugging round so much gear to play live events and nobody ever appreciated it. Then behind you in walks a DJ with his record bag full of 4 on the floor gold and people notice.

What I'm saying is, if I'm going to spend all the effort making and playing the stuff, I'd rather make music that the masses appreciate.

Sad I know. because I absolutly love psy.

Dude, The only CD's I've ever actually purchased are Psy comps. I listen to pleanty of psy, and yes my description of artists I like is average at best. I'll be changing that immediatly.

I'll check that website, thanks for the link, all ways interested in new music.

Dan

Please visit my site mp3.com.au/danhurley/ for free mp3 downloads. New tracks every month.
CrunchiMonkey
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Jun 3, 2007 09:10
hey dan. Ahh ok I see where you're coming from now. I understand your concerns, and you sound like you're more familiar with these issues than I am.

Keep yer chin up, and keep writing those tight tunes

Oh, and I'd get on myspace and virb if i were you.. much more exposure and networking oppertunities there.

Hope i've been helpful.
quasimo

Posted : Jun 4, 2007 07:01
Thanks man, Checked out the sound bites on psyshop, some pretty sweet stuff in there. I miss my Psy.

Never heared of Virb? will check it out though, and myspace shits me - 4 tracks - ONLY!?!

Again thanks for the tip.
Trance Forum » » Forum  The Workshop - Dan Hurley: Nothin But (192kbps) Hard Melodic Trance

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance