Trance Forum » » Forum  www.isratrance.com - Cyprus
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Cyprus

psina

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jul 10, 2010 14:09:16
Hey people!

as i see there have been a lot of updates and features lately in many areas so i though maybe its also a good idea to have a separate forum section "Cyprus" under Trance in the world since there is a lot going on under the Greece forum and Cyprus parties are not easy to be found there or clearly be seen in that matters.

Especially for people that dont know Cyprus or Greece it can get really confusing with the locations etc.

Also despite the parties matter, we have a lot going on in Cyprus like
1) many well respected and upcoming artists from Cyprus
2) Labels and Promoters promoting both Greek and Cypriots and new collaborations between them
3) Ambassadors for international festivals etc.

For these and also other many general stuff concerning the scene in the island i believe that a dedicated Cyprus forum is necessary and deserves the right to have a position of its own

If you agree(or disagree for that matter) i would love to hear the comments.
          Motorbrain
https://soundcloud.com/motorbrain
ShivaS
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  51
Posted : Jul 10, 2010 18:08
we have only 4 registered users from cyprus...

Parties are easy to find.           I may rise, but I won't shine ...
psina

Posted : Jul 10, 2010 23:42
well actually there are much more than 4 even though 4 may be the actual number of registered users.

Probably i am not registered under Cyprus too, but i am Cypriot, so it doesn't matter who is registered or not. right?

I just believe that people in this country should be able to have a section were all matters relating to Cyprus parties, promos etc could be mentioned.

Anyway as i said before its not ONLY about parties...
Maybe we should wait to see how people will respond to this request...what do you think?

Also i know that this topic came up again throughout the years and i do understand that for others Cyprus circle might seem really small but for us its big enough compared to 7 years ago when psy was still making its first steps in the island.

ps: parties for us here are not easy to find for this exact reason.

Peace people and lets help eachother if we can           Motorbrain
CLAW
CLAW

Started Topics :  117
Posted : Jul 11, 2010 00:27
Well i support psinas ideas and will be glad if something like this happens!!

Cypriots users are much more than 2 or 4 or whatever...
Maybe not so active but indeed our parties are drawned in the greek section..

Just give it a thought and advise!
I am sure that there are more productive ideas my friend shivas

• Noize Conspiracy Records •
http://soundcloud.com/c-l-a-w
https://www.facebook.com/CLAW.cy
ShivaS
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  51
Posted : Jul 11, 2010 07:56
Psina, yes, you are not registered as Cyprus user.

Anyway if it's not 4 users, than 8 or 10. I don't beleive we have many users from Cyprus. Imho Ukraine deserves it more, if you ask me.

Let's wait and see.           I may rise, but I won't shine ...
DETOX
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  296
Posted : Jul 11, 2010 22:38
Everybody would love his country to have its own section but this is not possible and at the moment some of the countries sections are preety much inactive like the Austria and South Africa sections for example.

In my humble opinion no new countries sections are needed and some of the existing ones could either be deleted or merged with other sections.           Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
DigitalX
DigitalX

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Jul 12, 2010 09:51
It will be great to have a Cyprus section,as the scene here is Cyprus the last years in getting bigger.For sure i support Psinas idea.so everyone who is from Cyprus post u r comment

boom

Alex           http://soundcloud.com/digitalx
http://www.facebook.com/DigitalX.DarkPsy
http://www.triplag.com/artists/DigitalX/
Dropits

Posted : Jul 13, 2010 13:52
Hey guys and gals,

Without trying to sound repetitive, i think a Cyprus section would be a great notion as the scene has been expanding constantly.
Certain aspects, parties, or artists could (or will) get missed for the reason that they get merged with other forums, which is a great shame, so i hope that you take these ideas and concerns into consideration before you hack the idea of a separate CY forum.

Namaste
          Even now in Heaven, there were angels carrying savage weapons...
www.psyport.net/profile/magusofthepeaks
Beat Agency
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  53
Posted : Jul 13, 2010 18:42
Quote:

On 2010-07-11 22:38, DETOX wrote:
Everybody would love his country to have its own section but this is not possible and at the moment some of the countries sections are preety much inactive like the Austria and South Africa sections for example.

Just like the Scandinavian

Why not just make forums into regional forums like example the Scandinavian one? This way you get less forums and can concentrate on having less people moderating.           www.beatagency.dk
Xolvexs
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  241
Posted : Jul 14, 2010 08:17
nationalism, patriotism, countries is all politics ..in reality there are no countries- the earth is one big giant piece of land and a lot of islands and all flags and nations are just brands like nike,adidas gucci or prada and should be treated just like that
read guidelines
no politics
          When death comes to your doorstep, make sure you are alive
shahar
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  155
Posted : Jul 14, 2010 13:33
That is very nice and utopic, however, very far fro reality Xolvex.           ---------------------------------------------
"Be the change you want to see in the world!"
M.K. Gandhi

"There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self."
Aldous Huxley

DETOX
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  296
Posted : Jul 14, 2010 15:43
Nations are not just brands,nations and its people are cultures and civilizations.

Being united is as important as being an individual           Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
Maine Coon
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Jul 14, 2010 17:21
Quote:

On 2010-07-14 08:17, Xolvexs wrote:
nationalism, patriotism, countries is all politics ..in reality there are no countries- the earth is one big giant piece of land and a lot of islands and all flags and nations are just brands like nike,adidas gucci or prada and should be treated just like that
read guidelines
no politics

Tell that to the tax collector next time he stops by for a chat.

About Cyprus. I don’t know anything about their part of The Scene but I read more and more about the scene in Ukraine. There are plenty of parties and festivals going on there, even after you subtract all the Crimean ones (I won’t go into that topic – see the Guidelines ). All this needed a forum, so they got one at http://www.psyshine.org.ua . Except most people on IsraTrance probably don’t know about it, plus half of it is in Russian.

If you don’t give Cypriots their own space here, they will just carve their own somewhere else. Except it’s probably going to be in Greek and not very useful for the rest of us.
Scrambled Headz
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  47
Posted : Jul 14, 2010 20:08
also on the matter ....
artists,promoters,deco teams,graphics artists and simple music lovers are getting more mature in cyprus
Having a cyprus section would be a good chance for everyone to see whats going on and also for cy ppl to have a place of our own in order to promote world wide and get in touch with each other..
but...i do get the point that there might not be so many of cy users in here now...
everything needs some help in order to get bigger
          : Panaiz *25 Motorbrain :
PSYPRUS MADNESS_OUT NOW !
psina

Posted : Jul 14, 2010 22:57
Hey guys!! First of all i want to thank everyone that have posted a reply - even the ones that don't support the idea

And just to answer concerning the following
Quote:

On 2010-07-14 08:17, Xolvexs wrote:
read guidelines
no politics

I tottally agree with you but its not a matter of patriotism or politics( iactually hate politics-dont even go there:P)its just a regional matter. I mean Cyprus is not even close to Greece. We are situated in different areas, we are actually closer to Israel to be honest! Would that mean we could post our parties there:P

Quote:

On 2010-07-14 17:21, Maine Coon wrote:

If you don’t give Cypriots their own space here, they will just carve their own somewhere else. Except it’s probably going to be in Greek and not very useful for the rest of us.

Very sad and true because if this happens we are not going to be able to share music and knowledge we anyone else and its a true shame!!

Anyway still waiting for some more responses:)

Namaskar           Motorbrain
Trance Forum » » Forum  www.isratrance.com - Cyprus

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance