Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Creeping Ambivalent Tendencies (Ambivalent, May 2002)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Creeping Ambivalent Tendencies (Ambivalent, May 2002)

shahar
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  155
Posted : Jul 9, 2002 20:47
Creeping Ambivalent Tendencies (Ambivalent, May 2002)
1. Neural Rectifier Syndrome- Electrical Distributor
2. Deviant Species- Beaver Inverter
3. Charasmatix vs. Deviant Species- Equilibrium II
4. Deviant Species- Buss Conductor
5. Data Transfer Switch- In the Midst of Midi
6. Dark Soho- Weird Combination
7. Scorb- Mutoid
8. Shakta- Penumbra
9. Centrifugal Man- Gyroscopic Force

A second Ambivalent CD, after Deviant Species' album that was a very happy surprise for a lot of people. This is basically Deviant Species themselves in different combinations hosting some more friends. The CD goes to the techy-minimal side of things with touches of housey feel, and good breaks and buildups. Don't get it wrong, it's also highly psychedelic with dark drippy sounds all around. This is quite a dark compilation and I guess that the English winter has taken its effect. The compilation is also much more mature idea-wise and sound-wise. Standout are the collaboration with Charasmatix (T3), a grinding a sweeping dark techno-trance tune. Data Transfer Switch- In the Midst of Midi (T5) with raw driving sounds. And Scorb with Mutoid, a real killer and my favorite here. Dark Soho also surprise, and saw they have a more technoish side. Shakta disappoints, and I must say that he's doing that to me for quite a while now- wake up Seb! Pretty please.

Bottom Line: Nice and solid, for dark moments and dark clubs, and covered with good grooves. Favorites: 1, 3, 5, 7.

[ This Message was edited by: Mike A on 2002-07-09 22:01 ]          ---------------------------------------------
"Be the change you want to see in the world!"
M.K. Gandhi

"There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self."
Aldous Huxley

bubunotsets[goes smalltime]

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jul 12, 2002 16:29
anything related to"d.s"is surely wotrh buying..............
i know i'll buy it the minute i'll bump into it;)
shift
Shift

Started Topics :  38
Posted : Jul 13, 2002 23:50
yeah - wicked cd - shahar said it all - definately worth the money if you're looking for solid dance tunes...

Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Creeping Ambivalent Tendencies (Ambivalent, May 2002)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance