Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  The Workshop - Cosmic Trip! 145bpm - a track that will take you high :)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Cosmic Trip! 145bpm - a track that will take you high :)

wiseNevil
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  36
Posted : Feb 21, 2007 09:31
A track that will take you to a cosmic trip without any trip taken we promise
download: http://www.mytempdir.com/1220605

wisenevil@walla.com
          - Wise N Evil -
http://www.WISENEVIL.com
mr_wise

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Feb 22, 2007 22:04
or maybe check it on - http://www.mytempdir.com/1223242
its the same one, just different sample.
enjoy (;
Domi
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Feb 22, 2007 22:46
Killer track bro, i love it..keep it going on !

cheers, domi           https://soundcloud.com/twonzero-progressive/twonezero-alienpast-soon-on
mr_wise

Posted : Feb 22, 2007 23:17
thanks mate, tell ur friends as well (:
wiseNevil
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Feb 24, 2007 04:14
any comments?           - Wise N Evil -
http://www.WISENEVIL.com
dija
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  48
Posted : Feb 24, 2007 09:21
Great job. This is something that I'd listen to.

I just saw you were asking for comments. It is a good piece of music. I have nothing constructive to say about it. The only thing is i'm assuming that long segment in the middle is of a break. It drags a little bit BUT there is enough going on to hold my interest.The sound is a bit thin but it doesn't bother me at all.

Here is my most recent, I'd appreciate your ear.
http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php/topic/104884/forum/26
mr_wise

Posted : Feb 24, 2007 20:44
Thanks very much DIJA, btw, u wrote at one part of your comment - "BUT there is enough going on...", I appreciate that very much, but i also appreciate your good criticism. if u can tell me where exactly a change is needed, and how can we make the sound thicker, and it will help us alot to make the track more enjoyable for u (;
I'll listen now to your track
take care n thanks again,
MR WISE
dija
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Feb 24, 2007 21:21
Listening again

The break starts at a little after 1m it's great. Then this lead comes in +1:30m as if we're about to go somewhere else, love the lead btw. Then you take it away at 2m which is a disappointment to me, and it breaks again I thought we already had the break So the only suggestion that I might have for the break is to extend the first break a little bit and then build on that lead that starts at 1:30 a little more. I think that lead is a really strong element and it deserves more attention.

When I said thin, that was perhaps a blunder on my part. I notice a lot of your sound has most of the low end cut out. The low end is nasty because too much ruins it and not enough makes it sound tiny. Like I said though it doesn't bother me the track sounds very crisp, and perhaps adding more low end to some of the elements would be a mistake

You may already know this technique but it is something I have been messing with lately. What you can play around with is take your mix and duplicate it and apply some compression to one copy. Leave the other copy uncompressed and adjust the levels to add some meat to it without ruining the sound.

I am not real great at this stuff yet so I may say something that is wrong please correct me if I do. If you don't agree just ignore me! The track is great so obviously you know what is going on.
mr_wise

Posted : Feb 24, 2007 22:53
hehe, don't worry mate, all i know about sound and frequency mix i read from articles all over the net n apply it to my tracks, I never studied sound thats y i'm asking for comments like yours, that can help me improve, i've been making music for 10 years, IT, REASON, CUBASE currently, and i also play guitar so my problem is not really the creation, but the sound is something that i'm still working on.
BTW, about the breaks, i see what u mean but i think that breaks are very important to bring effect of surprise and also some dynamics to the track. the problem is that maybe they too similar to eachother and therefore i'll change one of them (:
dija
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Feb 24, 2007 23:18
Quote:

On 2007-02-24 22:53, mr_wise wrote:
hehe, don't worry mate, all i know about sound and frequency mix i read from articles all over the net n apply it to my tracks, I never studied sound thats y i'm asking for comments like yours, that can help me improve, i've been making music for 10 years, IT, REASON, CUBASE currently, and i also play guitar so my problem is not really the creation, but the sound is something that i'm still working on.
BTW, about the breaks, i see what u mean but i think that breaks are very important to bring effect of surprise and also some dynamics to the track. the problem is that maybe they too similar to eachother and therefore i'll change one of them (:

I agree that the breaks are necessary. I just thought that particular lead was one of the strongest parts and it comes in and out like a teaser.

Don't worry about your sound quality it is nice. There is always room for improvement but your sound is in no way amateur. Your sound is much better than mine and so is your composition. You've got some years on me and it shows a whole lot. I have done electronic type stuff for 5 years and guitar before that. I'm hoping to blow some shit up in the next song though!
mr_wise

Posted : Feb 24, 2007 23:43
i really liked your track n i'm sure u'll do well.
n yes, the teaser lead (i like the difinition) comes right on time in the track, where u don't expect it (:
i do think that the sound is quite alright considering the fact that i've done the mix using only my headphones and soundcard (: but next month i'll fix all the problems with proper studio monitors, i just want to finish it completely b4 i do that.
mr_wise

Posted : Feb 25, 2007 19:34
anymore?
shroomhunters
Shroomhunters

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Feb 26, 2007 09:10
hi nice job mate...i like ur synth leads and backing sounds....only thing i would change is to eq the percs again coz they seem to be very high and shrill(atleast on my monitors).the snare to needs to be a lil more middy,it sounds to high now.....but i like the track..would like to hear it complete....cheers
          www.myspace.com/shroomhunters
www.soundclick.com/shroomhunters
shroomhunters@gmail.com
mr_wise

Posted : Feb 26, 2007 20:55
shroomhunters thanks very much! yes u right, it is really high, n it'll be changed ASAP, thanks for all of this advices, u all just help me to make it sound better n better n i really appreciate that. i'm trying really hard to improve my sound by practicing n reading loads of articles n stuff, n your opinion is very helpful as well.
thanks every body!!
take care, WISE
Trance Forum » » Forum  The Workshop - Cosmic Trip! 145bpm - a track that will take you high :)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance