Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Production & Music Making - Copyright ?
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Copyright ?

routingwithin
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  46
Posted : Jun 13, 2017 13:48:41
Hi guys

Any opinions on copyrighting my music? Is there a basic free method that would cover normal problems?

Lets say I produced the whole track, but used a few samples from packs I bought. Then afterwards Mix it and have it mastered in a studio by someone. They give you the masters back, you convert it to mp3 192kbps and upload it to soundcloud.

Then after 2 months someone steals it and put his name on it etc. (Yes the 192kbps version)

Are you liable to do something. IMO.. I have the Mix, I have the Masters, I have the copies on my PC. Which has creation dates etc. If the case went to court, wouldnt you win - due to you having all the original versions, copies with dates etc. Also you uploaded it to soundcloud also on a specfic date older than his track.

I saw sites like copyrighted.com that does a free copyright for you. They look legit - not a scam site u know. I did hear that its a basic one and may not stand up in court. But why?

Or is it necessary to do the official copyright, where you pay a fee?

" We are together in this matter you and I, closer to death, yes, closer than i'd like. How do you feel? - There can be no division in our actions, or everything is lost. What affects you affects me. "
snowdogg
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Jun 16, 2017 22:13
I've heard of ppl physically mailing themselves a copy of their music to put a timestamp on it.
Honestly I think it's a waste of time, how far is this little douche going to get ripping off ppls 192kbps unmastered tracks??
Have you got lots of money and a legal team to right all these copyright issues? It's not cheap or easy to control such things, unless you are signed to a big label and can use their legal team. Cos I thought pay trance never gave a fukk about intellectual property..
snowdogg
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Jun 16, 2017 22:14
Pay trance lol.. That's actually right!! Good little spell checker..
routingwithin
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  46
Posted : Jul 17, 2017 20:21
yeah i guess ur right. Even if you convert wav to 320bps it actually loses the high end alot. Giving it that brilliance kinda. Well a normal listener wont care but yeah.

I heard about the post thing but also that it may not hold relevance. I guess i am just over paranoid about it. obviously having the masters and upload dates is enough           " We are together in this matter you and I, closer to death, yes, closer than i'd like. How do you feel? - There can be no division in our actions, or everything is lost. What affects you affects me. "
Moonclear
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  48
Posted : Dec 16, 2017 23:08
Quote:

On 2017-07-17 20:21, routingwithin wrote:
yeah i guess ur right. Even if you convert wav to 320bps it actually loses the high end alot. Giving it that brilliance kinda. Well a normal listener wont care but yeah.

I heard about the post thing but also that it may not hold relevance. I guess i am just over paranoid about it. obviously having the masters and upload dates is enough

IMHO: make provision. You could expand. Upload dates has the type of weight you need. No, you're not paranoid. You even showed forth something I hadn't known. So thank you
Trance Forum » » Forum  Production & Music Making - Copyright ?

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance