Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Chillosophy number-3 (Digital Structures, Mar. 2003)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Chillosophy number-3 (Digital Structures, Mar. 2003)

shahar
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  155
Posted : Apr 18, 2003 14:22
Chillosophy number-3 (Digital Structures, Mar. 2003)
1. Omnimotion- Life Hymn Dub 6:31
2. Ooze- Snowflower 5:55
3. Jens Buchert- Reflections 4:28
4. Ticon- The First Moments 5:47
5. Legion of Green Men- Hotbox Highway 2:58
6. Stressassassin- Martial Meditation 7:39
7. Spirit Jack- Nano-X 6:17
8. Vibrasphere- Manzanilla 9:00
9. Foxglove- Part of You 5:35
10. Son Kite- Million Wishes 5:34
11. Aztech- Manifesto 6:02
12. Mere Mortals- Aloft 6:52
13. El LCD- Sno Pa Hisingen (CBL carbonator remix) 6:31

The third in the excellent series from Digital Structures offers more places to sit, and is indeed in a more homely atmosphere. The third Chillosophy is more loungey, more mellow, less brain manipulating and very relaxing. The mellowness is felt almost all through the journey, I can just guess that winter in Scandinavia must have its effect- so this feels very much to me like sitting by the fireplace with snow dancing outside holding a cup of alcohol boosted hot beverage, and relaxing, thinking about different realms.
The journey starts ethnic flavored and mellow, gets more complex with amazing singing in the Ooze track, then takes a more loungey atmosphere with Jens and Ticon, topping in the best tune here by Legion of Green Man- totally Jazzy, great track- but why so short? Long developing version please! Things slow down and get more hypnotic with the mysterious Stressassassin track and the monotone and more Psychedelic Nano-X. Then comes the amazing Manzanilla by Vibrasphere from their latest album, relaxed and floating with lots of feel. Mr. Seb "Shakta" Taylor, shows where his heart really lies and where his talent is spent as well probably with the dreamy Part of You. More singing but in hypnotic lo-tech moody feel from Son Kite and continuing in the same surroundings but in more experimental soundscapes comes Aztech. On the way out we get the more optimistic Aloft with beautiful Bjorkish singing and the finishing track is one of my favorites here, with that melody sending chills down my spine and giving me goose bumps!

Bottom Line: Just beautiful- a bit moody, but still beautiful and with an optimistic streak going through it. It all flows totally clean and grew on me with every listen, each time finding new favorites, till I can say I like all tracks. Favorites: 1, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 13.           ---------------------------------------------
"Be the change you want to see in the world!"
M.K. Gandhi

"There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self."
Aldous Huxley

Candy
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  184
Posted : Apr 18, 2003 14:45
Oh yes Shahar, you couldn't have described it better.
Bought it last week and I go sleeping only with this c.d.
Amazing!!! So relaxing, so caressing, so floating.
One of the best chillout c.ds I've heard this year.

Go and buy it as quickly as you can. This is a c.d not to be missed.           Majority is never right!

"Without music, life is meaningless."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Zombi
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  375
Posted : Apr 18, 2003 15:40
its will sit fit just after 1 and 2 cds on my home stend, isnt it ??
sure buy for me..

btw - candy, where did u bought it last week ??           Believe your soul !
O.zen
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  42
Posted : Apr 19, 2003 02:26
i think that this series just getting better
every realesed,
i am waiting to listen,
and zombi she have conection man           "move your body! if you don't have one, GET ONE!"
Candy
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  184
Posted : Apr 20, 2003 07:42
Zombi, Krembo is selling it already           Majority is never right!

"Without music, life is meaningless."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Zombi
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : Apr 20, 2003 11:48
ok, kool, i should visit there.           Believe your soul !
Jason (LyTe)
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  43
Posted : Apr 20, 2003 11:50
in a word - Excellent!           "We Do Not Allways See Things As They Are. We See Things As We Are" -Ancient Chinese Proverb

LyTe Email:TechnoLyte@gmail.com
GuyShanti
Aerospace

Started Topics :  112
Posted : Apr 20, 2003 12:57
or in another word - Brilliant.

best chill compilation to hit my cd player in a long while. I think that one of the most important things in every compilation is the editing - the order of the tracks- and here its just flows great from one to the next.

G           http://www.myspace.com/aerospacemusic

Aerospace – Re Entry EP on beatport.com
https://www.beatport.com/en-US/html/content/release/detail/276014/Re%20Entry%20EP
Jason (LyTe)
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  43
Posted : Apr 20, 2003 14:25
mind the 3d art sofa, guy
          "We Do Not Allways See Things As They Are. We See Things As We Are" -Ancient Chinese Proverb

LyTe Email:TechnoLyte@gmail.com
Sectio Aurea
Sectio Aurea

Started Topics :  31
Posted : Apr 20, 2003 17:53
when digital structures makes a new album...i know for sure it's going to be great work!!!
great work you guys are doing.........keep on going!!!

all the best to you all,

Cristian (I)
Zombi
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : Apr 23, 2003 18:29
ok, one dude after 30 hours without sleeping, very happy and peaceful get a shower/dinner/gotta sleep put first time the play with this cd, isnt it perfect time for chillosophy 3 ?? well, it was very very smooth, nice and fit my positive mood.
great compilation, sweet flights !!           Believe your soul !
Alek

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Apr 25, 2003 21:49
excellent compilation! everything's been said already... i'd just like to add that vibrasphere - manzanilla is one of the most beautiful tracks i've heard in a while!           How am I supposed to hallucinate with all these swirling colors distracting me!
lucid_dream

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Apr 26, 2003 19:21
yah the manzanilla is defenetly great but i guess most ppl heard it alredy in the vibrashpere last cd.

very nice relaxing cd . and i like the fisrt track with the flute..

reality is the weirdest dream
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Chillosophy number-3 (Digital Structures, Mar. 2003)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance