Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Ambient & Chill Out - Chillosophy (Digital Structures, 2001)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Chillosophy (Digital Structures, 2001)

___shahar
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  70
Posted : Aug 4, 2001 13:01:42
[b][u]Chillosophy (Digital Structures, 2001)[/b][/u]
1. Ooze- Quintessence 8:57
2. Healer- Aqua Sleeping 8:11
3. Electrostatic- Duality (Fingertwister remix) 5:21
4. Son Kite feat. Lisa Thelin- Aiwana (downbeat mix) 8:49
5. Karl-Axel Bissler- Laid Back (city nights) 6:42
6. Fingertwister- Mason Groove 5:27
7. Pope of Gegga- Breath Taker 7:56
8. Aztech- Death Wish 5:16
9. Fiasko- X-Moll 5:00
10. D.P.O.D- Nomeda 7:20
11. Karl-Axel Bissler- Floating Castles 8:41

A first chill out compilation from Digital Structures with the deserving name Chillosophy. They stand up to the expectations, and my expectations from these people are high after releasing two of the best artists albums in 2001.

The chill starts with two tracks of the Kites themselves, each on his own, in a very very relaxed atmosphere. Seb as Ooze opens with Quintessence (which also opens the Ooze album released in Spirit Zone- another quality chill journey), a soft ambientish track in a dubby atmosphere with a traveling story inside. Very vivid and lively sound, painting a world around you. The ending pianos lead well to Aqua Sleeping from the other Son Kite half, an almost loungy track, with a lot of moving piano lines, charming, but at times too much. At some moments, especially the last 3 min., honey drips out of the speakers. Then starts the vocal section, first with Duality (T3) that thickens the atmosphere from the first note, and introduces rougher sounds. A more rhythmic track, dubby lines and caressing female singing. Very nice. A smooth move to Son Kite with a vocal downbeat mix to the closing track of their album. Starting and ending with a heartbeat, this is a completely different interpretation to the sweeping tribal morning frenzy of the original- "mass emotion of the beat"- fascinationg tale with amazing sounds giving me goose bumps, and great vocals- one of the highlights of this journey. Than it's Karl-Axel Bissler, with the first of his two tracks here- Laid Back (T5) is a hypnotic funky yet mechanic piece, with a lot of hissing hi-hats and a dark-big-city-pub-give-me-another-drink atmosphere. If you wanna clap your hands- clap your hands. The cut to Mason Groove (T6) is a bit sudden, a spacey-dubby piece that doesn't really talk to me, and frankly I would skip it. Breath Taker (T7) on the other hand I really like- a deep funky technoish tune, hypnotizing and penetrating. Another real favorite. Aztech follows with Death Wish (T8 ), a scratchy-catchy drum'n'space tune opening up with airy moving sounds. A Polish guy hits us next with the amazing X-Moll (T9), dirty hissing jazzy sounds, cigarette smoke and alcohol fumes, and a lot of funk, topped with some psychedelia- delicious! D.P.O.D change direction to the more relaxed and spacey realms, typical of them, but topped with some weirdo jazzy sounds connecting well with the flow. Ending is Bissler again, with Floating Castles- another hypnotizing hallucinative minimal and monotonic track- I love good things made of less. I would love to hear more from this guy.

[b]Bottom Line[/b]: A very diverse trip through chilling realms (maybe too diverse)- an interesting journey from soft airy ambientish soundscapes to jumpy funky beats, ending in a mysterious note- excellent CD to wake up with! Highly recommended (and amazing cover!!!). [b]Favorites[/b]: 1, 4(!), 5, 7, 8, 9(!), 10, 11(!).

___nt44254a
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  0
Posted : Aug 5, 2001 05:52:08
After reading this lines, the minimum that we can do is...
TO BUY IT !

( and write later if Shahar was right ;) )

___Seb
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  3
Posted : Aug 7, 2001 00:43:01
The second track on the comp (the one by healer) isn't made by the other half of Son Kite (Marcus). This track is made by mikael from 12 moons. He released an album under this name on Flying rhino.
Take care and hope that you will enjoy the cd!
___shahar
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  70
Posted : Aug 7, 2001 00:45:31
oops...
Trance Forum » » Forum  Ambient & Chill Out - Chillosophy (Digital Structures, 2001)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance