Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Unidentified - Chilled C quence..
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Chilled C quence..

Meta-Morphosis
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  216
Posted : May 5, 2011 07:17:07

Hey can somebody tell me the source of the samples used in this track ? Trippy.
Thanks again.

“What we need is the development of the Inner Spiritual man, the unique individual, whose treasure is hidden in the symbols of our mythological tradition and in man’s unconscious psych.” - CJ Jung
trippy

Started Topics :  5
Posted : May 5, 2011 09:26
That is one of my favourite chillout tracks!

All of the samples are from the film "Waking Life" :

"Excuse me."
"Excuse me."
"Hey. Could we do that again? I know we haven't met, but I don't want to be an ant, you know? I mean, it's like we go through life ... continuously on ant autopilot, with nothing really human required of us. Stop. Go. Walk here. Drive there. All action basically for survival, all communication simply to keep this ant colony buzzing along in an efficient, polite manner. 'Here's your change.'"

"I don't want a straw. I want real human moments. I want to see you. I want you to see me. I don't want to give that up."

"Yeah. Yeah, no, I ... I don't want to be an ant either. Yeah, thanks for kind of, like, jostling me there. I've been kind of on zombie autopilot lately. I don't feel like an ant in my head, but I guess I probably look like one. It's kind of like DH Lawrence had this idea of two people meeting on a road and instead of just, uh, passing and glancing away, they decide to accept what he calls 'the confrontation between their souls.' It's like, uh, like freeing the brave, reckless gods within us all."
"Then it's like we have met."

"So it has a lot to do with choices and honouring people's ability to say what it is that they want to see and also consumerism and art and commodity, and if you don't like what you got, then you can send it back, or you get what you pay for, or just participating, just really, you know, making choices. So, you wanna do it?"
"Uh, yeah. Yeah, that sounds really cool. I'd ... I'd ... I'd love to be in it but, uh, I kinda gotta ask you a question first, though. I don't really know how to say it but, uh, what's it like to be a character in a dream? 'Cause, uh, I'm not awake right now. And I haven't even worn a watch since, like, fourth grade. I think this is the same watch, too. Um, uh, yeah. I don't even know if you're ... you're able to answer that question, but I'm just trying to get like a sense of ... of where I am and ... and what's going on."
"So, what about you? What's your name? What's your address? What are you doing?"
"I ... I ... you know, I can't really remember right now. I can't really ... I can't really recall that. But that's beside the point whether or not I can dredge up this information about, you know, my address or, you know, my mom's maiden name or whatnot. I've got the benefit in this reality, if you wanna call it that, of a consistent perspective."
"What is your consistent perspective?"
"It's mostly just me dealing with a lot of people who are exposing me to information and ideas that seem vaguely familiar, but at the same time it's all very alien to me. I'm not in, uh, an objective, rational world. Like, I've been, like, flying around, uh-- I don't know. It's weird, too, because it's not like a fixed state. It's more like this whole spectrum of awareness. Like, uh, the lucidity wavers. Like right now I know that I'm dreaming, right? And we're, like, even talking about it. This is the most in myself and in my thoughts that I've been so far, and I'm talking about being in a dream. But I'm beginning to think that it's something that I don't really have any precedent for. It's ... it's totally unique. The ... the quality of ... of the environment and the information that I'm ... that I'm receiving."
          "I acknowledge the privilege of being alive in a human body at this moment, endowed with senses, memories, emotions, thoughts, and the space of mind in its wisdom aspect."
a3k
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  269
Posted : May 5, 2011 19:18
^^ well done homework
Trance Forum » » Forum  Unidentified - Chilled C quence..

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance