Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  DJing - Cheap alternative for Pioneer CDJ-350/DJM-350 dj setup?
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Cheap alternative for Pioneer CDJ-350/DJM-350 dj setup?

Djones
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  267
Posted : Dec 6, 2010 23:20:53
I was looking at this set today, and I think it's exactly what I'm after.
As you can also control Traktor with both the cd decks and the mixer.
And the cdj's have an inbuild soundcard, so the signal goes from Traktor to the usb input on the cdj and out via the analog outs to the mixer.
How cool is that!?

But unfortunately the price is completely out of my range, costing at like 1600 Euros!
I was actually going to get myself a new dj midi controller after I dropped my Reloop on the ground, which totally destroyed the unit.
Not wanting to spend much more than 250-300 for something second hand like a Vestax vci or something, but then I found out about this Pioneer set which really seems like the best of both worlds.

Got me thinking if there's any cheaper alternative with roughly the same functions.
Anyone got a clue on what's out there which offers you the ability to control Traktor at the same time?

elastic_plastic
Re-Boot

Started Topics :  112
Posted : Dec 12, 2010 23:42
go for a second hand one instead and def u save some bucks. but one thing i would tell u is tht when goin in for second hand electronic product make sure u take it off someone u noe.. its always better coz its all about trust when ur buyin second hand electronic products.

and another thing i would never ever go for a 2 channel mixer. if ur budget is low. avoid a pioneer mixer and go for somethin cheaper but minimum 4 channels. its always better
daio

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Dec 15, 2010 03:03
also if you have cdjs all ready you can do the same thing whith traktor via timecode buying only a souncard that supports it...
Login
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  65
Posted : Dec 15, 2010 18:13
Quote:

On 2010-12-15 03:03, daio wrote:
also if you have cdjs all ready you can do the same thing whith traktor via timecode buying only a souncard that supports it...

this, buy cheap cdj-200 or cdj-100 and take advantage of the traktor 50% discount and grab Traktor scratch PRO.

Also you could go the controller route again, the new S4 looks solid and has a good sound card.           "The dedication to repetition — the search for nirvana in a single held tone or an endlessly cycling rhythm — is one of electronic music's noblest gestures."
daio

Posted : Dec 16, 2010 16:23
^probably a friend is going for s4.gonna see how it rocks in afew days!i m almost sure that is as solid as it looks...
Djones
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : Dec 17, 2010 19:09
Damn, I wish I knew about this timecode stuff before, have already sold my cdj's.

But regarding the S4, I heard some people talk not too positive about this unit.
Too bad there aren't any stores around here where I can demo such goods.

Djones
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : Dec 17, 2010 19:11
Quote:

On 2010-12-15 03:03, daio wrote:

That means you can control everything within traktor with also a normal (non Usb) mixer?
daio

Posted : Dec 17, 2010 21:25
^yeap!from cdjs to mixer...!soundcard and timecode cds required!also with native's x1 you can control everything in traktor from loading tracks to play whith fx!i think that's a nice setup cause can play everywhere there's a normal dj setup adding your laptop,card(some are really tiny!) and x1 which is very small too!
J
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  193
Posted : Dec 23, 2010 18:34
There's nothing you can't do these days with a Mac and a M-Audio sound board!!
Mike A
Subra

Started Topics :  185
Posted : Jan 7, 2011 15:20
unlike on mac
Trance Forum » » Forum  DJing - Cheap alternative for Pioneer CDJ-350/DJM-350 dj setup?

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance