Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

cc121 cubase controller report

orgytime
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  120
Posted : Sep 27, 2011 02:42:28
hey guys,

just a short feedback after a few hours with this controller.

at first i was sceptical, but now i really like it.

the master fader + navigation buttons are nice to controll the levels of each tracks fast.

the basic track buttons (mute, solo, etc...) do what the have to do.

i dont really use the transport section because i use my keyboard for this (spacebar, 1, p, l... for fast navigation etc)

the eq is ok until now, i like that you can set up an eq very fast... need some more time with it, to say more.

the AI knob is nice haha, i dont use the lock funktion but you can drag your mouse over newer external plug ins and use it, or just use the jog wheel.

the "user section" (4 routeable buttons + 1 knob/control dial )... its nice but not that great, because you cant route control dial like the other 4 buttons.

i find myself using my left hand on the controller or keyboard, and the right for the mouse most of the time.
i can recommend this expensive tool, if have the money left

cheers
          www.soundcloud.com/orgytime
klippel
Stereofeld

Started Topics :  91
Posted : Sep 28, 2011 08:15
first of all: cheers for the review!

but it does sound like you basically only use the fader right? you use the transport controls of your keyboard. the assignable "user" stuff you do not use..as long as the cubase eq does not look like the one in sonarX for example i do not see the point. also i have decent 3rd party plugs for that.. so it renders one of the main functions useless..
and to switch to the channel you actually want to regulate the volume off takes as long as adjusting the volume via mouse itself takes right?

it is bit expensive for what you use as you could get faderport for the same thing, no?

http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/stereofeld-frequenzwechsel
"I've always been a believer in musical repetition to draw in the listener and make the music hypnotic. Another thing I believe in is repetition." Alan Parsons
orgytime
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  120
Posted : Sep 28, 2011 10:06
right, nothing beats a decent keyboard shortcut knowledge imo.

yeah, i use the main section (the left 1/3 of the module) alot (fader, "open vst", pan, m, s, e, w, r...).
and thats also the main reason i bought it.
its really nice to adjust volume by the fader, really different feeling... you can focus more on the sound than looking in your daw. also simple pan automation are very fast made for example. i really love the "open vst" and "e" button.
so here the new main controller is nice for sure too, but you have just this "touch fader".

until now i use just the cubase eq, needs some time to get basic funktions fast... but it saved alot mouseclicks already.

i use the loop-, play- and record button of the transport section, but as i sayed if your good with shortcuts, that makes no difference.

you have 4 assignable buttons in the user section,
do what you like with them, thats nice.

and the jog wheel is nice too, but as you said... not really needed for me.

so if you mind the money and, dont care about the touchfader and strange button order on the CH- controller, better get this http://www.audiomidi.com/CMC-CH-P16964.aspx

www.soundcloud.com/orgytime
Trance Forum » » Forum  Equipment - cc121 cubase controller report

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance