Trance Forum » » Forum  UK - Cartoon Asylum 1/3/2003
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Cartoon Asylum 1/3/2003

jon
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Mar 3, 2003 18:02
So I took the alternative route on saturday and popped along to the Herb Farm near Newport Essex for some psychedelic enjoyment.....

lineup was giving me some very anxious moments before the party :

EVP, greg Prism, norty, deviant, feather, dmt, psy james, henaka, natalie, e303

I had only heard of the first 2 and the last (and the last in a bad context)... and i was thinking this was gonna be a dodgy night! Well I was totally wrong and this became clear within about 5 minutes.

Basically this felt like a party in a pal's house, only _even friendlier_ and with a pretty good sound system. By the end of the party I felt like Id met everyone.... oh i had....

The music was quite good and excellent at times. Ok so the mixing varied in quality and sometimes I was holding my head in my hands as the train wreck continued.... but some people were pretty good. Asi, you would have hated this party! Umm the music was very varied. We had some uber-progressive tunes, fullon GMS style, and a nod to the past. The nod to the past came with X-Dream psychomachine I think and also The Delta - Travelling at the speed of thought. Cos the sound was good I went totally beserk when the delta was played!!
Oh Dmitry who organised the party played an excellent techy set. The barn was packed when he was playing....

Ok so maybe you are getting a feeling for what this was like - like a small Liquid party (new year in maidstone?) But I missed out one thing - we all felt it was the First Party Of The Summer. Yup it went on till 12 and we could see the sun rise through cracks in the barn wall.... spent a while plodding around some field and visited an old Black Cab totally excrusted with lichen. We arrived before it started at 9pm and left a while after the end, so the event had that epic feel about it.

Ok so you know i enjoy going to the good london parties... last week at Fairy Tales for instance... but a party like Cartoon Asylum was so different and such a refreshing change. It is a totally different scene, and an extremely healthy one I think.

A lovely party and I miss the people already.
Next stop Synergy Project.
willinus
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Mar 3, 2003 20:30
Enjoy the every sense of the party !...feel the pressure of the adrenalin flowing in your blood !!! feel the music runnin through ur heads..............finally to reach u a stage of psychotic disorder ! hahaha.......

Om Shanti !
Mad Ron
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Mar 5, 2003 02:17
are they planning another one Jon? they are an awesome bunch and I'd like to be there when they do.
Henry
tom anteater
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  56
Posted : Mar 5, 2003 10:09
Quote:

Basically this felt like a party in a pal's house, only _even friendlier_ and with a pretty good sound system.

are you cussing my parties jonny boy           >>love will tear us apart...<<
jon
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Mar 5, 2003 14:57
Tom you are OFFTOPIC!

hehe:) well your new year party in 2001/2 was amazing i think but i cant rememeber much about it oooops...... hoho

Anyway, henry i hope there will be another similar party coming up. Perhaps they should do an outdoor party when the summer really starts up. No - they definitely should!! Ill ask the people 'in the know' hehe

Paulbenn
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Mar 5, 2003 22:50
Umm, yo, guys - What party is it that we're meant to be going to on the weekend of the 22nd? Is it (like I'm thinking) *not* Psygate vs. Elsewhere? Did someone mention Liquid Connective..

Peace pudding hot           always with the monkeys..
jon
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Mar 6, 2003 02:52
hullo paul! (if that is the paul i am thinking of)

check out the thread

http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php?topic=10603&forum=42&7

this is gonna be a ludicrously good party for sure.
Oooops hang on - I think you are going to it! Arent we going to millie's the evening before????
OK this should be in the other thread.....
hugo cyanescent

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Mar 6, 2003 13:39
The Synergy party has my vote

In an attempt to get back on topic, I should mention that I had a wicked time at the Cartoon Asylum party. As Jon says, a very friendly small(ish) party with a very nice variety of music ranging from progressive (first tune I heard as we arrived was Reefer Decree - always a good sign) to full-on morning tunes of the GMS/Astrix ilk, via some very dark techy stuff (not really my cup of tea) and some funky mid way stuff (very much my cup of tea - especially good to hear Double Dragon and Mumbo Jumbo on a decent sound system).

EVP's set of his own tunes was pretty good too, some of it very. Worth a check - he's playing at the Synergy party too, I believe.

Overall, well worth the drive up from the other end of the county

By the way, Paul (if you're the Paul you appear to be) is that a flag of convenience, or are you really from Slovenia?
Paulbenn
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Mar 10, 2003 15:25
Yes, it's me, Hugo, hallo! Cheers for the info Jon, by the way, the lineup looks awesome - and no, I'm not from Slovenia really. But as there was a shocking omission of a Welsh flag among the choices on offer I thought I'd go for a Slovenian one instead

ttfn -P
heather feather
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Mar 10, 2003 16:14
Quote:

Next stop Synergy Project.

mwahahaha jon!!!!! I thought there was no way you were making it to the synergy project coz of your india trip??? heheh see you there
Deviant

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Apr 3, 2003 14:19
Greetings Kiddies!

Wow just been browsing and found this about my party! WOW!!!!
Must say I had a fantatsic time and I would like to say a MASSIVE thanks to everyone that came!
There was sutch a good vibe!!!
Everyone gave so much good energy towards the party!
BIG THANKS TO ALL THE LOVLY PEOPLE!!!

There should be some pictures in a few weeks on www.geocities.com/cartoonasylum

Keep smiling!! WOW!!!

Fire&Light
Demetri
Rainbow Jem

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Apr 4, 2003 18:20
Hello D!!!

Just been reading about Cartoon Asylum and found your message....it was a fantastical party....had lots and lots of fun and did lots and lots dancing- te he!! and as near to an outdoor party as you can get in March (if I closed my eyes and imagined very hard.....the muddy field I was facing could have been a grassy green medow!!!) Big Big thank you for a lovely weekend and all your hard work

big smiles from the bouncy person ;-)
Trance Forum » » Forum  UK - Cartoon Asylum 1/3/2003

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance