Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - Camp Israel at Burningman 2004 Aug 30th-Sep 6
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Camp Israel at Burningman 2004 Aug 30th-Sep 6

lizwiz

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Jun 15, 2004 23:56
Camp Israel wants you to join us at Burning Man 2004. We are looking for djs and lovers of Israeli Music. We are planning our Club Chai now. If you want to spin a set, send me an e-mail at lizwiz81@yahoo.com. There is something at our camp for everyone. If you are Jewish, this is the place to shmooze with other Jews and to show the world how wonderful Israel is and to promote Jewish Awareness. Read the FAQs and event list to learn more. Call me at 5125075602 or e-mail lizwiz81@yahoo.com for more information.

Shalom, Love, and Smiles,
Liz

Burning Man Camp Israel List of Activities

Shuk- Famous Israeli Marketplace
Thursday 5-7pm Bring your wares to this burning man style marketplace to give and barter. Stop by for falafel, a Middle Eastern favorite food.

Dead Sea Spa
You are already baking in the sun. Why not add mud to your baking skin to replenish it from the harsh environment of the playa. We also have Dead Sea salt scrubs for your hands and feet. Bring water to rinse off. Know massage? Volunteer to give massages here. Bring massage tables if you have them.

Tel Aviv nightlife
Israel has some of the world’s best djs and nightclubs. In Tel Aviv, these amazing clubs are often on or near the beach. At burning man, our club is on the playa. Bring your most outrageous costume and glow gear to join the fun at Club Chai where we celebrate life.

Mystics of Tsfat.
Come receive the kabbalah on Saturday afternoon. Or come just to be painted blue, a very high-energy color. Kabbalah is Jewish mysticism. We will discuss the interconnectedness and oneness of the universe. We live in many layers of reality.

Judaism 101
Grew up where there weren’t any Jews around? Curious about what Judaism, the religion Christianity is based on, is all about? Stop by with your questions on Thursday at 2pm.

Jewish Story Hour. Center camp. 11am. Everyday. Every story has a moral, makes you think, and makes you smile.

Am Yisrael Chai
Love Israeli dancing and folk music? Or want to learn new dance steps. Stop by for an Israeli aerobic workout on Wednesday at 3pm. We will be at the beginner’s level and move slow. Everyone at all experience levels is welcome. Go mashuganah.

Kabbalat Shabbat-Friday Evening Shabbat Services
My dream is that all Jews at Burning Man will join us Friday evening at dusk to welcome the Shabbat together. You are not alone. You are not an outsider. Take a break from your wandering to be with your family.

Followed by a potluck!!? We are making Matzah ball soup. What are you bringing?

Havadalah at the Man
We mark the separation of Shabbat and the week by reviving our senses. Join your community at the base of the man to say goodbye to the restful period you just had and hello to the fulfilling week ahead of you.

Camp Israel Questions and Answers. Towards the bottom, there is a discussion of what the camp will have and its needs.

What is the purpose of the camp?
The purpose of the camp is to promote Jewish Awareness to the Burning Man community at large and to provide a place for Jews to gather.

What are my responsibilities as a Camp Israel participant?
To give something to the community, to give something to the camp, and to give something to yourself.

What can I give to the camp?
Your attention, your time, your energy, your love, your talent, material items, and your leadership.

What can I give to the community?
Be creative. We are open to all ideas. If you tell us before July 1st, it can be on the official camp plan and will be posted to the burning man community at large. Please communicate to us your idea, and we will help make it come true. We have a list of scheduled events. You are welcome to participate and help lead all of them. We expect that you will help with at least one of them. When you commit to a responsibility, we are counting on you. If something comes up, let us know as soon as possible. Don’t just not show up.

What can I give to myself?
An experience of a lifetime. You will remember Burning Man 2004 for how you participated for the rest of your life.

Do you think your dream of camp Israel will become a reality?
Reality is a dream

Do you think that you have enough time to make Camp Israel amazing?
It is not how much time, but how much energy/time.

Is it true that you are going to have some of the world’s best djs playing at your camp?
Everyone is welcome to play at our camp. We have a myriad of activities going on all the time. Burning man is an adult play land.

Is Burning Man 2004 going to be the best burn ever?
YES!!!

Do you need help with your camp?
I am looking for action, not talk. I know what I want. I just need people to do.

Is it true that you make some of the biggest and best matzah balls in Texas?
Yes, and they are Texas size. Yummy.

Why blue?
Blue is my favorite color. Blue also has one of the highest frequencies of the visible colors. Spiritually enlightened people throughout the ages have been attracted to a beautiful blue.

How can I give money to help make the camp more fabulous?
I am not asking for donations. I do not expect donations. You are not obligated in anyway to give money to the camp. If you have extra money and are looking for a valuable way to spend it, send it to my paypal account and it will help defray the large costs of the camp.

Will Camp Israel really have postcards?
Yep, one side will be beautiful Jewish Art. The other side will have the calendar of events with descriptions and a place for addresses. Before burning man, we can mail them to friends to invite them to camp with us. At Burning Man, we can give them to everyone to spread awareness of what we are doing. If we have specific people to invite, Ped Ex will deliver the postcards if we have addresses. People can save the card as art and as a memory. Do you know of some incredible art that you want on the postcards? We could have multiple cards with different art.

Stamps/stickers/or other gifts that say Burners for Israel?
I want us to make something that we can give people to wear that says Burners for Israel. Now is the time that we show our support and love for Israel.

What are the values of the camp and its participants?
Loving life, education, family, community, and food.

Will camp Israel really have a camp shower?
Yep, we just need someone to build it (and help design it). I would like to actually have 2 showers that are completely enclosed. I like my privacy when bathing. Everyone is welcome to use the camp showers, just bring extra water for bathing. Last year, I took a shower every single day. Bring a solar shower. You can find one for 5 dollars at Wal-Mart or at a camping store. They are black bags that will heat up during the day in the sun. They have shower spouts and a rope for you to hang the bag. If you don’t have a solar shower, bring a buddy and your water. Your shower buddy will help pour it on you.

What do I need to bring to survive?
Check out the burning man survival guide at www.burningman.com.

Sleep Survival?
Bring tents and sleeping bags. I brought those cushy egg cartons one year and it really made a difference. Air mattresses are great, too.

Water survival?
Bring tons of water. At least 1.5 gallons of water per person per day for drinking, cooking, and washing. Buy or borrow a camelbak for your travels around the playa. Never leave home without water.

Food survival? Community kitchen?
Bring food. If y’all would like to do a community kitchen with community eating, we can have everyone be responsible for one meal (or more). We will have a sign up sheet on the website and below. If you need ideas of what to make, I have many suggestions that are tasty and inexpensive. We will need kitchen supplies such as large pots, pans, ladles, spatula, serving spoons, plates, cups, bowls, silverware, trash bags, clean up station, soap, and basic kitchen food. If we have a community kitchen, everyone has to keep it clean. We clean up as soon as we finish eating. We do not put it off for later. If you make a mess, clean it up.

Community space?
I really want to get one of those 100 person tents from army surplus. The bigger the better. I figure an army tent will hold up to the extreme environment at BM. I want the tent to be multi-purpose. This place is where we are going to hold all our events. We need foldable tables and chairs for dinner, and comfy things to sit on during the community gatherings.

Club Chai!
We also need decorations for the club. I love glowing things and colorful lights. If someone knows about or wants to learn about EL wire, contact me immediately. I want us to make a glowing sign for the entrance that says Chai in Hebrew, preferably blue and constantly flashing. We need power for the lights. We can also use rope lights for a pathway. In fact, we need a volunteer to be in charge of the decorations for the tent for Club Chai. We can leave them up all the time or take them down after the event. We also need a good sound system, dj equipment, and music.

Israeli dancing!
Assuming that we have the sound system for Club Chai, we can use it for the Israeli dancing. We need the best traditional Israeli music for dancing. Also, please let me know if you would like to be an instructor for this program.

Camp sign!
We need a Camp Israel sign. Something beautiful, artistic, and big so that people walking by will want to check us out.
          Ask me about Camp Israel at Burning Man 2004.

Smiles,
Liz
lizwiz81@yahoo.com
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - Camp Israel at Burningman 2004 Aug 30th-Sep 6

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance