Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Bumbling Loons - Back To The Future (Sourcecode Transmissions, 2014)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Bumbling Loons - Back To The Future (Sourcecode Transmissions, 2014)

Templar^
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  105
Posted : Jan 10, 2015 13:47:31
Bumbling Loons - Back To The Future

Sourcecode Transmissions, 2014

1. Vulcan
2. Stingray

I've always loved everything that is related to Green Nuns Of The Revolution, including their numerous side projects, among which Bumbling Loons occupied a really top (soft) spot. The origins of this project date back to 1997, when Dick Trevor a.k.a. Dickster conceived it together with DJ James Monro under the Flying Rhino Records banner. The duo stopped delivering music under this moniker when the Rhinos disappeared from the market in 2002. With an uncanny attention I followed entries on Dickster's Facebook wall about the unexpected reactivation of Bumbling Loons. The return was marked with the release of an EP eloquently called "Back To The Future".

We have two tracks here, which burst with the acidness applied by Dickster and a general restraint of Bumbling Loons, bathed in more modern, mostly full-on compounds. The initiating "Vulcan" is not breathtaking and represents a commonly known full-on school - however, one must emphasize - the school of solid full-on that does not resort to fairground tricks, so common in the scene. A much more interesting take on B.L. music is provided with the deliciously acidic "Stingray", which glides majestically just as well as Bumbling Loons' tracks years ago, rewarding its predecessor's rut.

In the face of all kinds of resurrection trends, often less successful (Transwave), the restoration to fame and glory of this British colaboration was a successful one. I look forward to the next, even more interesting and even bolder tunes - and I know that these guys can deliver.

http://www.beatport.com/release/back-to-the-future/1410548
          www.ektoplazm.com/2011/panta-deus - download for free Psytrance.pl's 10th anniversary compilation featuring 100% Polish psy-music (goa, prog, dark, full-on, chillout): Artha, Sundial Aeon and many more

www.psytrance.pl - Polish psytrance website
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Bumbling Loons - Back To The Future (Sourcecode Transmissions, 2014)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance