9 10 11 12 13 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Boom Festival 2012

Super Bee

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Apr 18, 2012 12:12
If anyone needs a lift To Boom please PM me. We are getting a ferry from Dover on the 25th July and planning to camp on the way down.
So if you are easy going and willing to chip in for fuel, perhaps we can help each other out
liberation26

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Apr 19, 2012 19:23
Boom 2010 was a life changing experience for me. Largely because I strongly believed that Boom practices what it preaches, that Boom advocates strong principles and follows it, that Boom is the epicenter of the psychedelic revolution. BUT, I was extremely disappointed that Boom is forcing artists to sign an exclusivity clause for 2012. Boom is restricting young upcoming artists from playing at other events like Ozora. This is a very sad news for me and for the Psychedelic community. The Psychedelic principles are based on freedom, respect and self expression. The artists who produce Psychedelic Trance purely do it for the love of it. Compared to most genres the remuneration are much lower. Yet more and more artists join the Psychedelic moment.

I know commercial angle needs to taken off given the cost of production. But Boom is starting a dangerous trend. More and more festivals will start dictating such terms. It's unfortunate that Boom is stepping away from values that it so strongly believed in. In the process, a lot of credibility has been lost.
goa-ganges
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  66
Posted : Apr 20, 2012 07:45
Quote:

On 2012-04-19 19:23, liberation26 wrote:
Boom 2010 was a life changing experience for me. Largely because I strongly believed that Boom practices what it preaches, that Boom advocates strong principles and follows it, that Boom is the epicenter of the psychedelic revolution. BUT, I was extremely disappointed that Boom is forcing artists to sign an exclusivity clause for 2012. Boom is restricting young upcoming artists from playing at other events like Ozora. This is a very sad news for me and for the Psychedelic community. The Psychedelic principles are based on freedom, respect and self expression. The artists who produce Psychedelic Trance purely do it for the love of it. Compared to most genres the remuneration are much lower. Yet more and more artists join the Psychedelic moment.

I know commercial angle needs to taken off given the cost of production. But Boom is starting a dangerous trend. More and more festivals will start dictating such terms. It's unfortunate that Boom is stepping away from values that it so strongly believed in. In the process, a lot of credibility has been lost.

This is a shame. It is a hypocrit stance then for BOOM, who preaches love, peace and blah-blah-blah, only to do something so ugly like this.

Shame on you BOOM!
bubble

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Apr 20, 2012 09:18
Quote:

On 2012-04-20 07:45, goa-ganges wrote:
Quote:

This is a shame. It is a hypocrit stance then for BOOM, who preaches love, peace and blah-blah-blah, only to do something so ugly like this.

Shame on you BOOM!

How do you distinguish yourself as a festival when others copy you and what's that got to do with Love,peace ?
It is not my job to defend the Boom festival but as someone who knows a bit about the scene I have to tell you that it should be the artist's responsibility to realise that they are themselves can only be unique if they don't play every day .I remember when I had to plan for years and travel far to listen to my favourite artist .Their music was so much more special because of the wait .
Just an opinion,I'm sure you can see the validity of this too .
Goannes

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Apr 20, 2012 16:57
Quote:

µ

dear Boomfestival, please give an open explanation to this information. Thank you.           
It took me 20 minutes to come up with this signature.

---->>> www.madhatter.be<<<----
Ellon
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  56
Posted : Apr 20, 2012 20:47
Quote:

It's clearly not working as so many artists in the line-up feature also in Ozora, Cosmo, etc...

Who told you this????           
https://soundcloud.com/arglebarglemusic
http://soundcloud.com/turvytopsy
http://soundcloud.com/capecodplatform
liberation26

Posted : Apr 20, 2012 21:34
Quote:

On 2012-04-20 20:47, Ellon wrote:

It's clearly not working as so many artists in the line-up feature also in Ozora, Cosmo, etc...

Who told you this????

I know this for a fact. Boom cannot dictate terms to major artists like Tristan, Ace Venture, Ajja and the likes. What makes this exclusivity clause even worse is that it applies to upcoming artists. This is unfortunate.
Braindrop
Braindrop

Started Topics :  140
Posted : Apr 21, 2012 15:56
Even if there is one, i would say it is quite a good thing. As far as the time factor isnt too long.
I mean wats the point of spending x money on certain artists, only to find that they're playing around the same area jsut a week before your event?? It's so seen that with many festival lineup's, there are a quite few repeats. I mean, if ur festival travelling, wldnt u be tired to hear a live act play the same material in 3 different festivals back to back ? dont tell me this doesnt happen!

I've also had events and fests where i tie the artists to a contract that they shouldn't perform anywhere else in the same area at least 2-3 weeks prior to the event. Coz the org, is spending money and creating hype/promo for the artist for people to come and listen. As Bubble mentioned, an artist is quite unique when he doesnt play every day!

As long as it is done in a very rightful manner, it really is a good thing, and keeps the events healthy as people will have more options to listen to, than the same thing over and over again!

www.braindrop.in
Boom Festival

Started Topics :  -1
Posted : Apr 21, 2012 16:06
Hello everybody

What we can say is that is one more Boom rumour.

That is not true, that is one more campaign against Boom. Unfortunately, once again, in a culture that should be about peace, love, respect and education, there's too many people working on making waves and wars between organizers.

May we remind all those people that, for instance, the Boom and Ozora agreed on dates for 2012.

The exclusivity clause IS NOT TRUE.

The Boom wants to deliver diversity and its program is much more than a psytrance dancefloor.
Artists are free to choose wherever they want to play and we are free to choose who we want to participate at Boom 2012.

If people that are spreading that rumour, what we can ask them is to show the contracts.

In the last decade or so, Boom has been targeted by rumours. It won't affect the Boom those movements to increase antagonism.
Our focus is on delivering diversity and a new world, the experience of a new world.

We will keep on doing the same pathway based on our principles, they are too evident for people to make a negative impact out of it.

Too bad there is so much need for a warfare relationship between people, surely Boom is not advocating that in the last 15 years.

With love and Light
Boom Team           -------------------------------------------
www.boomfestival.org
Boom Festival

Posted : Apr 21, 2012 16:41
@ Liberation26

Thanks for raising that subject. We at Boom believe in a whole new approach on communication based on respect, love and education. Our program and our values speak for itself.

Because we believe in the truth and we work for the benefit of a culture, the psychedelic culture and all its diverse tribes from all over the world, we also like to make things clear.

That is why, we are posting here, a glimpse of one email sent to one of the artists that will play at Boom, regarding that issue you are mentioning without solid base:

"We really don't want to sound difficult or exclusivist, our vision is just that we want to give public something special. If they see most of the line up in 2, 3 or 4 festivals, is not good for the overall music culture of the scene.

On the other side, if we are repeating most names, that will also affect the chances of upcoming artists to perform on big festivals, which is not fair as well for all those that try hard and have talent. (...)

Everybody's free to play everywhere of course! ;-)

At the moment, we are not booking artists that will play for other festivals. We've always been friends of the exOzora team, had great connection, agreed on dates for 2012, and we want to keep on going on a positive way with everybody. (...) We've been at Ozora before and always enjoyed it at the fullest!

On that sense, our only resistance is that the 2 biggest festivals don't repeat most names, for the benefit of the scene. It will happen already with some, at least we want to avoid more to happen.
(...)"

We hope this make things clear. Sincerity and respect are part of our believes, as you can see here.

With Love and Light
Boom Team
          -------------------------------------------
www.boomfestival.org
Goannes

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Apr 21, 2012 16:47
That's what I call open communication and integrity. Thank you!           
It took me 20 minutes to come up with this signature.

---->>> www.madhatter.be<<<----
OmKat08

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Apr 21, 2012 20:30
it's amazing how easily people find it to believe the first negative thing they hear, and liberation26 demonstrates this very well. it's almost as if they get a kick out of hearing such rubbish...

boom is a highly respected organisation that has contributed a lot to this scene; it's evolved in some really innovative ways and it's interactive nature with boomers shows the lack of ego...

it's also understandable that a festival like boom wants to remain unique in terms of artist line up... and if artists are up for respecting that, then cool; if not, boom can't do much about it but accept things as they are - so where's the exclusivity contract / agreement in that?!

nice one boom organisers for your transparency and for showing that the festival remains a unique platform for giving credit to young, up n comin artists. boom! see you there!
liberation26

Posted : Apr 22, 2012 09:57
Boom team. Thank you for responding to my post. Like I mentioned, I was very disappointed when I heard what I did. I openly raised it. Now that you have clearly stated on a public forum that you have no such exclusivity clause, I feel a huge sense of relief that Boom has not deviated for it's core values and that boomers who follow the same ideals are not being let down.

Love & Light.

@OmKat08

It took me years of planning, both financially and professionally to be a part of Boom 2010. Once there, I completely shed all my inhibitions & preconceived notions to completely immerse myself into the Boom experience. In addition to the great energy on the dance floor, I strongly resonated with various values and ideologies that Boom helped me believe in. This powerful bond that exists between Boomers and Boom is based on trust and transparency. So I have no hesitation in openly raising a contentious point.
Boom Festival

Posted : Apr 22, 2012 17:18
@liberation26

Thanks for making clear your question. As we wrote previously we do believe in open communication and what has been done at the Boom in the last 15 years speak for itself.

Unfortunately, there's a human need for antagonism, for gossip and for putting people and organizations against each other. That is the dominant culture approach, they put white vs black, east vs west, etc. We don't resonate with that.

We are happy to show our values. The Boomers and all those that think outside the box deserve all our respect and attention, so is a pleasure to, once again, have the opportunity to write about a Boom rumour (one of the most ridiculous one was about Boom being sold for an american corporation

See you in the August full moon

We Are One. We Are All. Make Change Happen
Boom Team

www.boomfestival.org
Boom Festival

Posted : May 3, 2012 10:44
Hello

Some Boomers, send us emails asking for our official presence on social networks, as there's a myriad of unofficial pages all over the Web. So here it is:

http://www.facebook.com/boomfestivalofficialpage
http://www.twitter.com/boomfestivalhq
http://www.youtube.com/boomwebtv

And the most important one, our home and where you can find all the news, developments, art & program, ecological mission and freaky projects:

http://www.boomfestival.org

Enjoy Life and See you in the 1st Full Moon of August!
Boom Team

www.boomfestival.org
Trance Forum » » Forum  Festivals Promotions - Boom Festival 2012
← Prev Page
9 10 11 12 13 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Free Parking - Free Parking Chill Area - ChillOut Area VJ - VJ Deco - Deco Eco Friendly - Eco Friendly
Children Zone - Children Zone Workshops/Market - Workshops/Market Water Access - Water Access Transportation - Transportation Discounted Presale - Discounted Presale

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance