Trance Forum » » Forum  Equipment - Boob Job for your 303
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Boob Job for your 303

woodster77
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  119
Posted : Apr 6, 2012 01:25:05

some great features a bit like the xoxos op system but a couple of new ideas           Â°Â°Â°ACTS 4:12°°°°
woodster77
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Apr 6, 2012 01:26
and the features

Â°Â°Â°ACTS 4:12°°°°
Nectarios
Martian Arts

Started Topics :  187
Posted : Apr 6, 2012 10:31
Kewl!
I ordered a ProCo Rat2 (and an Moog MF-102 RingMod) pedal by the way.
Logic's Guitar Amp Pro was not bad, and although the overdrive from the Phatty is great, it does not sound as ripping as them old distorted acid line tracks.

Gonna look into chaining patterns on my x0xb0x...haven't done that yet.

Peace.

http://soundcloud.com/martianarts
woodster77
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Apr 6, 2012 19:29
used to have the pro co rat back in the guitar and hair days...really good for bass

you getting the turbo rat.....red and black if i remember right

but tbh the input overdrive on the moog and the filter both blow it out the water for me
just enough ripp plus i got the bass overdrive which is a different kettle of fish

also recently purchased a 40 year old roland fuzz wha pedal....(the one cliff burton from metallica used...well not the exact pedal....full analogoe circuitry only prob it goes from mnellow to "fuck i wish my bird was as fat and dirty as this"in an eight of a turn so i will have to get some sort of variable resistor to attenuate the input before the drive stages

ring mod...mmmmmm wouldnt you get the same sort of effect using your osc 2 to modulate the filter on the moog or a super fast sine wave to filter

might try bthat later on

any joy of finding a front end editor for it that doesnt cost 50 quid

cant imagine the sort of sounds you will get with a third oscillator

have you tried running the cv and gate outs from the xox to the moog           Â°Â°Â°ACTS 4:12°°°°
Nectarios
Martian Arts

Posted : Apr 6, 2012 19:57
Quote:

On 2012-04-06 19:29, woodster77 wrote:
used to have the pro co rat back in the guitar and hair days...really good for bass

you getting the turbo rat.....red and black if i remember right

but tbh the input overdrive on the moog and the filter both blow it out the water for me
just enough ripp plus i got the bass overdrive which is a different kettle of fish

Yeah the x0xb0x through the Moog sounds really good, I just posted a Man Made Man remix where I have an acidline recorded through the Moog VCF with the overdrive up to 11

[quote]
ring mod...mmmmmm wouldnt you get the same sort of effect using your osc 2 to modulate the filter on the moog or a super fast sine wave to filter

might try bthat later on
[quote]
Nope, the ring modulator has a VCO on board that takes an input signal and produces the sum & difference of the two inputs, on its output. Great for bell tone, metallic timbre stuff and for crazy hands on modulation.

Quote:

cant imagine the sort of sounds you will get with a third oscillator

have you tried running the cv and gate outs from the xox to the moog

Not yet, haven't got 3,5mm TRS to 1/4 Jack TRS cables yet. Will do tho.

Peace out.           
woodster77
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Apr 6, 2012 23:14
sorry but i was just thinking out loud bout the ring mod..poor mans work around....nice fukin setup bud tho
very flexible

most of my stuff is now down to one synth part recorded at a time

its also had a really good affect on my programming and work flow

ive also stopped saving presets as well

ma fav at the moment is turn down both oscillators, set filter to 2 pole and self resonate using osc2 to mod the filter then tweaking the waveshape and pitch........fucking yeeha!

moog but with continous morphing wave fiorms......GENIUS           Â°Â°Â°ACTS 4:12°°°°
Nectarios
Martian Arts

Posted : Apr 7, 2012 06:54
I am also back to recording one part at a time. Quite different than before...I think I prefer it as I get to focus on just one sound until I get it right.

Trance Forum » » Forum  Equipment - Boob Job for your 303

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance