Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Ambient & Chill Out - Blamstrain - Disfold (Sending orbs 2006)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Blamstrain - Disfold (Sending orbs 2006)

hyperion
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  66
Posted : Nov 5, 2006 13:44
Tracklist:

01 Diacedita
02 Sight Of Field
03 The Thing You Hate Me For Is Also A Part
Of The Rest Of Me You Love
04 Nyt Revisited
05 Frame Math
06 Revelation
07 Spring/summer
08 A Song For Jonas

Release date: 18 Sep 2006
Label: Sending Orbs

Public transportation has inspired electronic music for decades —in 1977,Kraftwerk’s “Trans-Europe Express” honored the now-defunct rail line, and Tangerine Dream lent its urgent synth loops to Tom Cruise and Rebecca De Mornay as they made “Love on a Real Train” in 1983’s Risky Business.

The association continues with Disfold, the second full-length release from Helsinki-based bleepster Juho Hietala, aka Blamstrain. The back cover of the CD lays out the sonic journey within as a series of stops on a subway map (one is called “The Thing You Hate Me for Is Also a Part of the Rest of Me You Love”; two stops later we’re at “Frame Math”). Musically, it’s a departure from the aggressive, scrambled beats of Hietala’s debut on Merck Records (Ensi, 2003). This is a gurgling ambient voyage that departs from a station filled with echoes and snatches of conversation, slowly skirts a club throbbing with minimal techno, and winds toward the planets of distant solar systems. As the album progresses, it brings to mind imagery from Leiji Matsumoto’s Galaxy Express 999, a lovely animated film about a space-traveling locomotive.
Disfold is a good choice for headphone enthusiasts, gallery wanderers, and, of course, metro passengers (ah well, there’s always the Rail Runner). It also makes great sleepytime music.           Music may not take us to the Moon or let us live forever, but as we enter trough the doors it is opening before us, we find things far beyond our everyday experiences..

http://www.myspace.com/djhyperion
plisk

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Nov 18, 2006 02:01
Good album
Trance Forum » » Forum  Ambient & Chill Out - Blamstrain - Disfold (Sending orbs 2006)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance