Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Bigwigs - The National Heroes Of Sonic Parallel (Horns And Hoofs Entertainment Nov 2007)
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Bigwigs - The National Heroes Of Sonic Parallel (Horns And Hoofs Entertainment Nov 2007)

Fria Tantrumm

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Dec 27, 2007 08:06
Its sooperb. The entire physical entity, including the artwork piques the senses. I have had a love hate relationship with the Big Wigs sounds for many years now, presently I have to say its all love from my side
Composition is fantastic.           **************************************
Fractal Cowboys : Post Singularity COMING SOON :)
Orestis : Recursice Consciousness OUT
Psykovsky: Na Ve Ka is OUT!
sue
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  23
Posted : Jan 4, 2008 21:28
This album gives one the faith back... really refreshing.
THANK YOU           www.psylife.net
Ruberoid
Inactive User
Ruberoid

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Jan 5, 2008 21:53
Really enjoyed this music.
Genius IMHO           http://www.myspace.com/andreysp
HaKav HaYafe, Haro'e 59, Ramat-Gan, Israel
Let me take you on a T.R.I.P
A.M. Bionik

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jan 8, 2008 18:29
Bigwig’s new album, “National Heroes of Sonic Parallel” resulted in my blood sugar skyrocketing and thoughts ricocheting through the blissful pleasure centers in both hemispheres of my brain. Bigwigs are Jurek Przezdziecki (Epi Centrum and Mass Turbo) and Grzegorz Magnuszewski (Kino Oko), two highly respected musicians from Warsaw Polland. To hear such thought provoking, completely original electronic dance music triggered nostalgia, for it has been some time since I heard a psychedelic progress trance cd that breathed life into my existence. Engineered uniquely, each synthesizer line will compete for your attention while the piece on a whole will excite the mind, the soul, and will make dancing feet jump for joy. In the second track “Pars Pro Toto” symphonic chorus lines coupled with hypnotic rhythms are just one example of how Bigwig’s exotic sonic compositions caravan into eccentric dance music. I am reminded of what it would be like to press the button “up and out,” on Willy Wonka’s glass elevator in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Overall “National Heroes of Sonic Parallel” is an experimental masterpiece that stands alone in terms of merit and is the most exceptional releases of 2007.

The cover art is example of Bigwig’s acute sense of humor and austere attitude towards creating consequential electronic music. In order to gain a better understanding of the cover art, we must first understand the meaning behind the original painting "Gabrielle and Her Sister" circa 1595. While the painting does portray early counter culture, "Gabrielle and Her Sister" depicts the fertility of Gabrielle (the woman on the right) [Grzegorz], who is holding one of the Henri IV’s crown jewels. At the center of the portrait, the ever-curious “nipple-tweak” depicts the correlation between the crown jewels and Gabrielle’s pregnancy. This juxtaposition provides meaningful insight into Bigwigs’ musical sagacity. The image instills a message of timelessness that the mere physical documentation creates, be it in a painting, a manuscript, or a piece of musical composition. Bigwig's compositions are here and now, and were composed to outlast the test of time.

Rewinding the clock to March 2007, I was eagerly trying to find an image to put on the party flyer for Bigwig’s first North American appearance in New York City for A.M. Bionik Universe. I made a request for some possible images and Jurek sent me the cover art image. At first glance, I was perplexed, my confusion quickly metamorphosed into a belly full of tingling laughter, as it was the perfect image for the night. Many could potentially overlook the symbolism of Bigwig's greatness. Regardless of the risk, I felt that the image was hilarious and that it would provoke interest of potential partygoers.

This album is a majestic representation of the brilliance that we are graced by the glory of the higher power to be able to divulge in and digest. Track 5 “Snack La Vista” is example of this majestic sonic representation that builds by the push and pull of melody and counter melody, meanwhile the introduction of a new theme sores above all else. Psychedelic music lovers will certainly take pride when listening to the likes of track 6, “Tesla Oxymoron.” So many unique sounds like the modified French horn sound heard in the first minute, a hyperactive bass line that refuses to be anything less than bouncy and crisp percussion that keeps the listener eager to hear more of these sonic orgasmic spasms. Like composers from a different era such as Johann Sebastian Bach, or Robert Shuman, Bigwigs compositions have a rich symphonic depth of reality, while maintaining a place in the electronic realm. Their compositions are a reflection of their vast influence from Classical Composers to Kenny Rogers to Willie Nelson and do not take any particular form and have no comparison. I was also astonished to see in the inside booklet that during the recording Jurek and Grzegorz never met once. “The recording process was 3 months of exchanging musical ideas. We exchanged pieces of music until the final composition was ready.” The amount of musical variation and free form plays a key role in this album being a masterpiece. Themes, melodies and counter melodies all following together and singing truth to their classical composure. This album is a timeless gem, memorable and noteworthy due to its complexity and sonic diversity. If the release of “The National Heroes of Sonic Parallel” is evident of their sonic mastery, by all means necessary seek out a LIVE set! Their compositions will astound you today and will compel you tomorrow. I truly believe that Bigwigs are modern master composers worthy of the highest praise... and we give you thanks!

[PM If you're a promoter in North America and are interested in having bigwigs come to your city this summer.. thanks]
          B-ing in an A.M. Bionik Universe, i exhale a birthday breath of mental respiration my mind sighs fresh sun soaked naked spring breezes ah!
Zman
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Jan 11, 2008 03:56
Well after a handful of people convincing me to get my hands on this album i finally succumbed & did so : ) convincing me is quite a feat, i am pretty loyal to the beloved night time sounds

First, the artwork - simply brilliant. Gets my vote for the best artwork of 2007

Second, the sound quality is remarkable. Really tight, well-leveled & crisp

Third, musically the ideas at first didn't hit me. I began to get rather impatient, but on hearing it more times it really began to grow on me. I must say this is very classy, innovative music. Its difficult to translate this music into words because its plain simply - different

No regrets with this one!

Wish you guys only the best for daring to be different : )

BooM
-Abatwa-
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  42
Posted : Jan 11, 2008 06:09
Yea refreshing is a word that comes to mind. Great album full of surprises and it definetly does grow on ya. One of the best of 2007, coverart is bOOm too.           `Bottomless wonders spring from simple rules, which are repeated without end` Mandelbrot
mk47
Inactive User

Started Topics :  118
Posted : Jan 11, 2008 15:36
yeah ! .. zmandan too .. hehe .. my copy arrived yesterday .. the cover art is making me to laugh mine ass off .. intelligent well crafted funky beats ..im np : sound anonim .. very cool .. reminds me of the hippie bones track from lost entertainment .. very nice
Zman
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Jan 12, 2008 10:45
hehe
Magox
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Jan 13, 2008 02:38
BRILLIANT!!

fantastic album.

As some other people eluded to earlier, it's one of those albums that just continously grows on you. I've had the album in my car for the last 2 weeks and i just can't get enough of it.

Definitely innovative and different from many of the rest. Great Funky fresh sound.

my favorite tracks are:

Pars Pro Toto
Sound Anonim
Scarlet's Dawning
Tesla Oxymoron

Tesla Oxymoron is one of my favorite tracks that i've heard this year.

Great Stuff!!            "On the path of spirituality, one ventures to vanquish one’s own faults rather than to judge others"
Bigwigs
Bigwigs

Posted : Jan 31, 2008 13:24
for people who want to have original copy and can't afford nor dont buy such music at all we want to give them a chance to get one copy of our album.
really, album sounds and looks better than folder with mp3's. try it!

please participate in our contest under this links:

http://www.chaishop.com/v4/article/11971
http://forum.isratrance.com/bigwigs-win-da-album-contest-on-relaunched-chaishop-com/

Alex Boshke
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  59
Posted : Jan 31, 2008 23:42
Wow, i would like to see the people painting in the third category, in bed with Bigwigs...there is no limits for this Polish duo...if you consider yourself psychedelic trancer and hadnt got a copy of their album you better stop to consider it right now
Fria Tantrumm

Posted : Feb 1, 2008 00:13
Pars Pro Toto
Its been so long since I've fallen in love... with a track. Definitely bringing me in touch with my lighter gay side Balances all the intense music I usually crave for .
Bigwigs
Bigwigs

Posted : Feb 1, 2008 11:15
Quote:

On 2008-02-01 00:13, Fria Tantrumm wrote:
Pars Pro Toto
Its been so long since I've fallen in love... with a track. Definitely bringing me in touch with my lighter gay side Balances all the intense music I usually crave for .

do you love us? as a lighter gay?
Mad Purple State
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  39
Posted : Feb 1, 2008 11:23
I cant draw anything more than stick people...

No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness...
Fria Tantrumm

Posted : Feb 1, 2008 15:53

Quote:

do you love us? as a lighter gay?

Shhhhhhh, I'm a gonna show you da lurrrveee bro. But I need alot of concentration and some extensive and exertive warm up exercises...possibility of a fast and some midnight heathen rituals to get all my artistic powers flowing...I'm making a very very sweet picture for your contest, but it needs alot of dedication. I hope you'll appreciate this sacrifice i'm making           **************************************
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Bigwigs - The National Heroes Of Sonic Parallel (Horns And Hoofs Entertainment Nov 2007)
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance