Author

BEST OF 2010 - RESULTS

Nectarios
Martian Arts

Started Topics :  187
Posted : Feb 17, 2011 11:59
Quote:

On 2011-02-17 11:11, Ellon wrote:
The late 90'(96/97) were the beginning for me and i remember the ambient of the parties...pure excitement with all the possibilities it promised!!!! Four years after a big part of the people i remember seing in the scene were already gone to another 'exciting happening'...so i dont believe that the great majority of the people were in it for the music, but that's my personnal experience/perception...

It was different from my experience. I mean we did have the police stopping free forest parties in the suburbs of Athens, Greece..in 96/97 that went from having 40 people in 1994 to having 2000+ people every weekend in 1996, but there were still a lot of people in trance after the police cracked down on the parties. Sola Luna 2001 in Samothraki was testament to that...then came the israeli full on clone era, which was shit. That's when a lot of people looked for the "greener grass"...but I'm going off topic now.

Peace out.

http://soundcloud.com/martianarts
Xamanist
Xamanist

Started Topics :  49
Posted : Feb 17, 2011 13:01
Quote:

On 2011-02-16 19:45, Basilisk wrote:
Perhaps it would be worthwhile to have a web form that could be filled in? Ease of use and accessibility really count for something in these surveys. For instance, the Ektoplazm 'Best of 2010' poll had 550 votes following this approach.

Incidentally, I am completely overwhelmed with great music all the time. It helps to have diverse tastes... but there is so much goodness coming out of the scene right now. Psytrance is still going strong in 2011!

+1

I voted exactly because I don't like most of the music coming out nowadays.
I love some music that is being released though, and it makes me want to share that knowledge and respect to the world.
          Sérgio Xamanist
facebook.com/xamanist
soundcloud.com/xamanist
Ellon
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  56
Posted : Feb 17, 2011 13:25
Quote:

On 2011-02-16 19:30, Shiranui wrote:
I like how people talk about ego as if only other people have one.

It was not my purpose to sound that way...           
https://soundcloud.com/arglebarglemusic
http://soundcloud.com/turvytopsy
http://soundcloud.com/capecodplatform
daio

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Feb 17, 2011 16:29

when these conversations start , always this part of the movie fits...
Beat Agency
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  53
Posted : Feb 17, 2011 17:19
Quote:

On 2011-02-17 16:29, daio wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6rahFZwCUA&feature=player_detailpage

when these conversations start , always this part of the movie fits...

Well they aren't the same! The music changed and by that the parties changed. Then we can debate what's best. But that is a debate about taste (and can't really be debated).

Point is the music changed and so did the people and the vibe/vision in this scene. New people arrived and old left. C'est La Vie
          www.beatagency.dk
daio

Posted : Feb 17, 2011 17:56
we're not searching what's the best era,or the best party or style...we're seeking for so mny things through music and the whole culture that if we stick whith "the best" we are loosing it all...
now if you lost interest as an older leave it as it is, cause all this negativity affects new people as you say...
Beat Agency
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Feb 17, 2011 17:59
You missed my point. The whole vibe and vision changed but I am sure those who are new to this scene feel the same as I did when I first discovered this scene and music. That was my point

And as an elder I reserve the right to speak my mind no matter if "youngsters" feel it's "wrong"
          www.beatagency.dk
daio

Posted : Feb 17, 2011 18:09
everyone has the right to tell free his opinion.it's just sometimes annoying to hear negative things...there's no reason...
Beat Agency
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Feb 17, 2011 18:10
Quote:

On 2011-02-17 18:09, daio wrote:
everyone has the right to tell free his opinion.it's just sometimes annoying to hear negative things...there's no reason...

Negative can be positive           www.beatagency.dk
daio

Posted : Feb 17, 2011 18:15
if it's up to make something better...let's see...
Pavel
Troll

Started Topics :  312
Posted : Feb 17, 2011 18:16
Quote:

On 2011-02-17 18:10, Beat Agency wrote:
Quote:

Negative can be positive

Is that a Moki quote?           Everyone in the world is doing something without me
Nectarios
Martian Arts

Posted : Feb 17, 2011 19:01
Quote:

Would it be better if we all said how amazing the music is nowdays and that it never used to be this good? Some people feel the parties are going from bad to worse and they feel the reason is what people have lost direction, because they don't know where they came from.
I'll use my self as an example, I thought rock music was the best it ever was when I bought Bon Jovi's "Slippery When Wet" as a teenager and that Richie Sambora's guitar licks where the pinnacle or electric guitar licks.... Then heard older people talking about Jimi Hendrix, Carlos Santana, The Doors, Black Sabbath talking about how it was so much better back then.
It was annoying hearing about times I wasn't born yet, being so much better than the ones I did experience first hand. It kinda "ruined it" for me. How could BB King be any better than Joe Santriani?! The dude could run circles around the old blues geezer...but as he said, he does not have to play 100 notes a second looking for the good note, he had found the few good notes and played them with sweet sustain and bends
I simply listened to what the "veterans" were talking about as I grew older and my taste matured a lot more. They were right after all

Peace out.

Adigroovy
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  24
Posted : Feb 17, 2011 19:29
guys is it not part of life?? the things are constantly evolving, we all are evolving in one or other way, as do our perception our tastes even, back in the day i did not like seafood now i love it:) so does any music genre, take a look in old school hip hop, but after 99/2000 it went all in other directions then it was .... as it happenes to things arround us in daily life. so we can stay lamenting and repeating it was so better back in the day or just move on and find your joy/place wherever it suits you and you feel happy with it, nothing bad with nostalgy neither as long is it not all the time than we would live in the past while being stucked in the present.
bad music and good music hase been always, some things got better some things got worse (like someone mentioned c'est la vie)
          to use your head you have to go out of your mind
Nectarios
Martian Arts

Posted : Feb 17, 2011 19:35
Agreed. Just making clear that talking about the good ol days, does not mean wanting to "annoy" newcomers or go back to things exactly as they were. It means, you only know where you're going, if you know where you came from...sort of thing.

Peace out.           
Beat Agency
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Feb 17, 2011 19:49
I really never understood why it's of such an "annoyance" to some new faces in this scene to learn about the History of this scene.

I never saw it as negative or to "bitch" to talk about the past as long as you also look ahead.

My argument though in these kind of debates is that a big majority of today's scene does not seem to move forward. On the contrary.

You see way too many of the leading Festivals and parties go for the "safe" names year after year preventing the new faces from learning about all the other amazing artists this scene has to offer. The result is stagnation and no development in the music they are being presented to. These Festivals and parties do not stand for innovation and embracing the future and they get very offended if you tell them (The truth always hurt I guess). I believe the underground is where innovation and looking into the future is happening.

There are way too many labels in this scene and way too many releases of mediocre music. But it's very easy to release your own music these days without having to face any quality control. Just take a look at the promotional section to see how each release drown in the sea of 100's of releases every month. Most of this music you wont even be able to tell apart.

So my point is that yes we have to look ahead but we can certainly learn from the past and see where we did mistakes and how to stop doing the same mistakes in the future. IF the new generation are open-minded to what we the "elder" have to say. After all we have seen all the good things this scene has to offer but also all the negative things - and all the mistakes done by both artists, organizers and party-goers.

My 2 cents           www.beatagency.dk
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - BEST OF 2010 - RESULTS
← Prev Page
2 3 4 5 6 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance