Author

BEST OF 2010 - RESULTS

Beat Agency
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  53
Posted : Feb 16, 2011 12:39
Quote:

On 2011-02-16 10:21, Wizack Twizack wrote:
Yea, 2 votes there 5 there 10 there.. its really wierd why nobody votes anymore. Takes 1min to write down what u liked and the poll could get a little intressting instead of this.

cheers!

I would not know what to vote for as I do not like 95% of whats released in this scene.

I admit it. I do not feel related to this scene anymore music-wise but the forum is still good fun
          www.beatagency.dk
A.Rosengren
Solid Snake

Started Topics :  266
Posted : Feb 16, 2011 14:03
Sadest tops so far, good work from a3k and the crew for putting time and effort into this. The tops is pathetic sorry for being to honest

A
J
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  193
Posted : Feb 16, 2011 14:07
Thx Anders.
daio

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Feb 16, 2011 16:02
the fact that people in here don't vote or don't enjoy psytrance anymore doesn't make the music less exciting...
Ellon
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  56
Posted : Feb 16, 2011 16:15
Thanks Andre for taking the time to do this...i enjoyed it every year, please continue!!!!!

It's true that there are less voters but also the forum is more and more full of people who no longer relate to this culture...it remains their ego playground           
https://soundcloud.com/arglebarglemusic
http://soundcloud.com/turvytopsy
http://soundcloud.com/capecodplatform
Login
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  65
Posted : Feb 16, 2011 18:00
The new slogan of the forum should be

"Where jaded psytrance heads meet"           "The dedication to repetition — the search for nirvana in a single held tone or an endlessly cycling rhythm — is one of electronic music's noblest gestures."
Beat Agency
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Feb 16, 2011 18:35
Quote:

On 2011-02-16 16:15, Ellon wrote:
It's true that there are less voters but also the forum is more and more full of people who no longer relate to this culture...it remains their ego playground

Sure Maybe if this scene would release more quality over quantity some of us would happily come back and enjoy the music again (I am sure I would).

There's no open doors for experimentation in the music anymore. At least not what I have heard over the past years. Most is generic formula music - "we got a hit lets do the same thing over and over again".

Even most downbeat/chill-out is the same old same. You can spot a label and know their sound instantly. And they will keep that sound. There's no will to experiment and break the boundaries.

Of course IMO
          www.beatagency.dk
Shiranui
IsraTrance Full Member
Started Topics :  116
Posted : Feb 16, 2011 19:30
I like how people talk about ego as if only other people have one.
Ellon
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  56
Posted : Feb 16, 2011 19:30
Quote:

On 2011-02-16 18:35, Beat Agency wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-02-16 16:15, Ellon wrote:

Sure Maybe if this scene would release more quality over quantity some of us would happily come back and enjoy the music again (I am sure I would).

There's no open doors for experimentation in the music anymore. At least not what I have heard over the past years. Most is generic formula music - "we got a hit lets do the same thing over and over again".

Even most downbeat/chill-out is the same old same. You can spot a label and know their sound instantly. And they will keep that sound. There's no will to experiment and break the boundaries.

Of course IMO

I agree that there is a lot of crap coming out of this scene mainly because of the 'i also wanna be a psy-trance producer' syndrome...which runs high here!!!! But i also enjoyed loads of releases...Sensient, Artha, Darth Phader, Bechamel Boyz, Merkaba, Ianuaria, Gappeq, Minimal Criminal, Parvati Crew, Braincell, Psykovsky,EvsY,etc....i found both quality and innovation in their releases even if many have a very deffined sound...

Im still a youngster but i remeber the feeling of the first parties i went in the late 90s...where everything was new and everyone was excited with the novelty i guess it's a big burden to carry for this scene/music. Nowadays, specially for those who experienced the exciting beginning, it does not carry that 'wow feeling' of back then and you either like the music and the (good) aspects of the aesthetics of the whole or you dont...but to keep on bitching that it no longer is and 'i' no longer care for it, sounds lame!!! And really i like to see everyone here in the forum but nowadays the amount of 'senior isra members' who dont like the scene anymore is huge and that doesnt work so well for a psy-trance forum...most of the time its a private playground for a few!!!!

Take care and be well!!!

https://soundcloud.com/arglebarglemusic
http://soundcloud.com/turvytopsy
http://soundcloud.com/capecodplatform
Akbal
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Feb 16, 2011 19:36
And maybe the scene went down cause these days no matter who you're talking about.. Artists... Labels.. Party promotors.. Only very few of them (maybe none) seem to still really care about THE MUSIC.. Artists seem to follow a formula that needs to be produced to gain success.. Label managers seem to be licking asses to artists, offering them bookings to some 'fantastic' event without paying much, since they bought a release and have others work to pay for their so-called 'efforts'.. Party-promotors.. What to say.. I remember how years ago parties were planned, offering the music the people wished for.. These days it seems promotors hold on to a very limited group of people who, usually, not only gain themselves, but somehow help the promotors sattisfying their egos.. Talented artists do not really get a fair chance no more.. Only if it is in the interest of the label manager.. Really, this is why me and many of my friends / partners are stepping away from this scene.. Quality does not count no more.. It's all about who you know, how much you have been licking their ass, how much they pretend to be your friend, and how much others are working to pay for their 'works'.. The honousty is gone.. Far gone.. And so is the good music... And so are the good performances.. And so is the vibe.. I hope something will happen soon.. A new era without ego's filling up the billboards, a new era where the heart speaks.. And all the ones talking with their heart, will be heard.. by music..
Amen. (LOL)
Beat Agency
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Feb 16, 2011 19:41
Quote:

On 2011-02-16 19:36, Akbal wrote:
And maybe the scene went down cause these days no matter who you're talking about.. Artists... Labels.. Party promotors.. Only very few of them (maybe none) seem to still really care about THE MUSIC.. Artists seem to follow a formula that needs to be produced to gain success.. Label managers seem to be licking asses to artists, offering them bookings to some 'fantastic' event without paying much, since they bought a release and have others work to pay for their so-called 'efforts'.. Party-promotors.. What to say.. I remember how years ago parties were planned, offering the music the people wished for.. These days it seems promotors hold on to a very limited group of people who, usually, not only gain themselves, but somehow help the promotors sattisfying their egos.. Talented artists do not really get a fair chance no more.. Only if it is in the interest of the label manager.. Really, this is why me and many of my friends / partners are stepping away from this scene.. Quality does not count no more.. It's all about who you know, how much you have been licking their ass, how much they pretend to be your friend, and how much others are working to pay for their 'works'.. The honousty is gone.. Far gone.. And so is the good music... And so are the good performances.. And so is the vibe.. I hope something will happen soon.. A new era without ego's filling up the billboards, a new era where the heart speaks.. And all the ones talking with their heart, will be heard.. by music..
Amen. (LOL)

+ 1000           www.beatagency.dk
Basilisk
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  168
Posted : Feb 16, 2011 19:45
Perhaps it would be worthwhile to have a web form that could be filled in? Ease of use and accessibility really count for something in these surveys. For instance, the Ektoplazm 'Best of 2010' poll had 550 votes following this approach.

Incidentally, I am completely overwhelmed with great music all the time. It helps to have diverse tastes... but there is so much goodness coming out of the scene right now. Psytrance is still going strong in 2011!
Pavel
Troll

Started Topics :  312
Posted : Feb 16, 2011 19:49
Quote:

On 2011-02-16 19:30, Shiranui wrote:
I like how people talk about ego as if only other people have one.

Quoted for truth.
          Everyone in the world is doing something without me
Nectarios
Martian Arts

Started Topics :  187
Posted : Feb 16, 2011 19:56
Quote:

On 2011-02-16 19:30, Ellon wrote:
Im still a youngster but i remeber the feeling of the first parties i went in the late 90s...where everything was new and everyone was excited with the novelty i guess it's a big burden to carry for this scene/music.

The late '90s where not the beginning though and people were not excited with the novelty, they were excited with the banging, psychedelic music that came out back then.
Plain and simple.

Anyway, these results do not reflect the scene as isra does not reflect the scene. Fr from it if you ask me.
Its just the reflection of the frequent posters on here.

I (like to) feel, 2011 is going to be better.

Peace out.           
http://soundcloud.com/martianarts
Pavel
Troll

Started Topics :  312
Posted : Feb 16, 2011 20:01
Quote:

On 2011-02-16 19:56, disco hooligans wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-02-16 19:30, Ellon wrote:
Im still a youngster but i remeber the feeling of the first parties i went in the late 90s...where everything was new and everyone was excited with the novelty i guess it's a big burden to carry for this scene/music.

The late '90s where not the beginning though and people were not excited with the novelty, they were excited with the banging, psychedelic music that came out back then.
Plain and simple.

Anyway, these results do not reflect the scene as isra does not reflect the scene. Fr from it if you ask me.
Its just the reflection of the frequent posters on here.

I (like to) feel, 2011 is going to be better.

Peace out.

You were 80% correct there. Most of the frequent posters here didn't vote in this topic because they don't really like what's going on today with the scene. I can count on my right hand the amount of Psy Trance albums I've heard in 2010 and much less, enjoyed.
          Everyone in the world is doing something without me
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - BEST OF 2010 - RESULTS
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance