Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Behind Blue Eyes - Behind Blue Eyes (Iboga, November 2005)
← Prev Page
1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Behind Blue Eyes - Behind Blue Eyes (Iboga, November 2005)

odysseus
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  99
Posted : Dec 3, 2005 10:45
i liked that album!!
psyyyyygrooooove tunes           give me darma, take your karma..
kristyandmoe

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Dec 6, 2005 11:25
I think this is a fantastic album, i especially love tracks 7,8 which are my favourites.

Iboga are having a great run at present.
guy cohen
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  417
Posted : Dec 6, 2005 18:26
Another brand new bomb from Igoba crew !
8 amazing track+excellent bonus track.
My favorites : 1, 4, 6, 7, 8.
Highly recommended for any ear.
Bes
Tribalistic Society

Started Topics :  64
Posted : Dec 6, 2005 18:36
To be honest i was a bit dissapointed after listening to it the first time...might be the flu talking though so ill give it another listen later. Did like Remember This which i think will work well on a dance floor.           Man is the Cruelest Animal!!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/tribalisticsociety
http://soundcloud.com/tribalisticsociety
http://www.myspace.com/120bpms
Satellite

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Dec 7, 2005 16:55
Realy good album. Deep progressive tunes, excelent for a drive and for a mental rest.
Hope to see more from the Behind Blue eyes guys soon.
Keep up the good job people           www.digitaldance.org
Yuli
Retired

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Dec 8, 2005 07:33
Since I am a part of the label that released this I might be sound biased, but I really tried to be super objective and here it goes.

The Behind Blue Eyes album opens up with two very impressive tracks, that are definitely create the general idea for what about to happen here. First one more on the stomping side and second one more on the groove side - in both, subtle and very intricate Goa-ish elements rising and disappearing and the tension is build very smooth and very well. Both tracks are not falling into the known formulae of big break before the end and the climax that after, but build the climax inside of them, which is great in my opinion, since it is different and since it is much harder to make well and succeed.

Tracks 3 and 4 in my opinion are the weak link on the album, altho they both have some nice moments, what makes them lost in my opinion is the 'too in yer face mix ( especially on the mids )'. Generally speaking most of the tracks on this album I would prefer to be softer and deeper mixwise ( that is a taste thing ye ) but in these two I found the extra punchiness damaging the satisfaction from the tracks.

No. 5 is a real unique piece of music. The melodies here are so subtle and so non conformist that even sound of piano, that usually I dont tend to like in trance tracks comes out as a pure emotional joy to the listener. Definitely one of the highlights on the album.

No 6 and 7 for me are the main point in this album and my personal favorites I guess but we will get down to that in the end. Those tracks are totally Goa infected, with amazing and special orchestration, on one side very minimal on the other side is very full and always harmonically evolving. This is a hell of a work that been done on those two - RESPECT!

No 8 was released before, and I played it in a few occasions, it is a good dance floor stuff and in my opinion the best sound on the CD, just because of the fact it is not so straight into yer face with the kick, which makes it much more airy and deep. This track has very special break that I like a lot and apart of it, it differs from other BBE tracks on this album due to it's more 'marching' spirit.

Signing off with this album is Emok's remix to Brumbasse, and it is a great idea to put this remix as a last track on that album. As the album is so extremely Goa-ish and psychedelic of old times, Emok's remix is much more Clubby version, less psychedelic and more stomping. This track brings u back from the psy journey to the more commercial and less abstract beat which is a great grounding to make the finale with.

To summ it up, this is a good debut album, in which the Beat Bizarre spirit can be felt very well. It is highly psychedelic and very non formulated. It is more focused than the Beat Bizarre stuff in my opinion and has clearer sound patterns. The only real drawback I have is the sound ( again it is my personal opinion ) - I think that the over 'middness' of the production here takes a bit from the deepness and the phattness from the tunes, which can be very well spotted on numbers 3 and 4.

Favorites 2, 5, 6(!), 7(!), 8, 9
          A man with a "master plan" is often a woman
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Dec 18, 2005 18:16
Finally got this one and it's good. Just as I expected. I've just finished completely listening it for the first time and I can say I like all tracks. It's a bit harder edged than most progressive I'm listening to nowadays but that's just what gets me hooked on this. I like it that it sounds like a kind of beat bizarre, only the kicks are a bit 'dryer' maybe. Good little melodies in the tracks and a great overall flow to it. Some more listening will probably reveal more, but on initial listening I'd rate it 8/10. Better than the somewhat dissappoining new Phony Orphants release.           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
Nathan
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  301
Posted : Dec 22, 2005 14:45
Quote:

On 2005-12-03 08:40, Nathan wrote:
Gr8 cover; nice production.:
But Sorry. I don't like the flow of this album. It is like a frozen rever; l can get nowhere with the sound. Not very creative and to slow.
Boring album.

I am deeply sorry for the last post. I judged the album too fast. when the hell I gonna learn to stop doing it?

About the album (after intensive listening)
Good psychedelic atmosphere, gr8 vibes, not the usual basic stuff. It will sound perfect in a dark night club!
          -=The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning=
Psycosmo
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  42
Posted : Mar 19, 2006 19:50
I head this played in someones car so Ive just heard in once but WOW!!!!!!!!!! Some of the best Progressive trance Ive ever heard. Actually some of the best trance Ive heard, period. And Im generally more of a Dark/full-on kinda guy, most progressive bores me. So if Im raving about it like this theres got to be somethin' to it!
huda-g
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Mar 20, 2006 16:32
gr8 job guys,realy liked the albom !!! et last some refreshing stuff exactly the cind of sound im looking for this deys atmospheric and es yuli seyd goa-ish elements ,that is trance music!!!

wey to go!!!
xrust
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  63
Posted : Mar 23, 2006 10:43
well,for me this is THE album!really original,great quality in production,inspired,dark but also enlighted!
ohh those guys up tHere shure know what to do with their knobs!congratulations!!

AS SUGAR DISSOLVES is one of the best traxx EVER!

Signature:

Dot Kite
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  35
Posted : Mar 23, 2006 16:52
I like it !
I love it!

Long time i did not hear something interesting as this album....

Regards
Tms
traveller
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  234
Posted : Mar 27, 2006 15:40
Found this one pretty boring           "The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program."
- Larry Niven
Banel
Behind Blue Eyes

Started Topics :  96
Posted : Apr 2, 2006 12:23
Heres a link to the fantasic review Dave Henshaw, a great reviewer from Boston, wrote about the Behind Blue Eyes album...

http://ibogarecords.tribe.net/thread/da919639-8b8b-4e77-8a74-0883caec57e1

Taken from the Iboga tribe on tribe.net           www.myspace.com/michaelbanel
aQuaFeeLL
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  46
Posted : May 17, 2006 19:57
it a good album!Sounds good!Keep going
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Behind Blue Eyes - Behind Blue Eyes (Iboga, November 2005)
← Prev Page
1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance