Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Bamboo Forest - Random Future (Flying Rhino - 2002)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Bamboo Forest - Random Future (Flying Rhino - 2002)

Munchie
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  109
Posted : Sep 15, 2002 00:04
Oh yes! here it is - the long-long-long-long-long awaited Bamboo Forest album!

Tracklist:

01 Home Boys
02 Dump It
03 Melting Pot
04 Random Future
05 Infinity
06 Tomorrow i'll Quit
07 Joystick
08 Tilt
09 The Walk

T1: this track started off "Alien Project" style, and this got me worried. but after 2:30 minutes the track really started developing nicely with wierd noises, and some dreamy effects. good opener.

T2: this track is kind of Progressive full-on. lots of changes in percussion work, and some gms style sounds in the background. Get's abit boring after 2-3 minutes. nothing special.

T3: Awsome Track! this one is abit slower, but it's a real killer. It has electric melodies flying all over the place, and it's makes you wanna shake you bootie! killer stuff...

T4: This one is nice. Start's off with an "african chant" sample, and mooves on to some heavy beats. Builds up nicely, with very soft layers of melodies, but no climax. decent track.

T5: This one is a dance-floor stomper. Bamboo Forest have gone in a more Techy direction in this track, and it sounds good. Night time diggin'!

T6: Best track on the CD imo! The kick & bassline are sooooo wicked, and it really makes you wanna dig. Lot's of nasty effects and twists in the plot, make this track a killer.
Great muzak. (and great track name too...)

T7 Just imagine Infected Mushroom making prog trance. that's how this track sounds... not my cup of tea.

T8 Smooth prog, moving to light melodic trance... that's all i can say about this track... nothing special

T9 Nice downtempo stuff, with a dark atmosphere & IM style melodies in the background. Good finnish.

Overall, it's a good album, with a few high points (T3, T5, T6)... Production is top-notch, and the styles are very diverse. And despite all that, there are some dull moments in the album, and the style isn't too original.

My Verdict: 8/10 (Recommended)

MiniMAL cabron...
Asi
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  104
Posted : Sep 15, 2002 13:26
Well....at first listening this Album sound too psychedelic for me, but NO, this is a great festival of sounds with great sound work and mastering.

each track take you to a different part of the world, you can noticed that bamboo forest is a very experienced group.

my opinion : 9/10
          (-:"The Psychoactive Is So Powerfull
Since The Discovery Of L.S.D"
:-)
tom anteater
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  56
Posted : Sep 15, 2002 18:00
can anyone clear up how this will be released now fr are down?           >>love will tear us apart...<<
Chaka Laka
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Oct 21, 2002 00:00
ok , though it's quite old already , some good words must be said to this albom . Top quality made progressive full on when talking about great t3,t4,t5 , t6 is a model for a night time music .... actually , all tracks are good imho which makes this albom to one of the best this year , really ...           Dance is my Trance
unno
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Oct 21, 2002 01:55
anyone know when it is being released please.
nirvana

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Oct 21, 2002 11:07

I thought Flying Rhino is no more ?
Who is distributing this album now ?

Asi
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  104
Posted : Oct 21, 2002 13:37
it will released in Dragonfly (not sure though), but thats was supposed to happend.
          (-:"The Psychoactive Is So Powerfull
Since The Discovery Of L.S.D"
:-)
Morbidelic
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  56
Posted : Oct 21, 2002 13:54
Very Nice Cd...

Way to go Bamboo forest!

Happy Happy,Joy Joy.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dj-Morbidelic/642401392473366
unno
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Oct 21, 2002 19:53
Thank you Asi.
olivier
Side-A

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Oct 23, 2002 01:42
good news that they are finally going to release this superb album
thanks dragonfly
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Bamboo Forest - Random Future (Flying Rhino - 2002)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance