Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Authentik- Preamplified (D.Drum, Feb. 2001)
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Authentik- Preamplified (D.Drum, Feb. 2001)

___shahar
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  70
Posted : May 29, 2001 09:37:01
[B][U]Authentik- Preamplified (D.Drum, Feb. 2001)[/B][/U]
1. The Fifth Floor
2. Solid
3. A 10
4. Metaldust
5. Hambourg Fever
6. Airline
7. Marakas
8. Preamlified Dub
9. Operatik
10. The Horning
11. Air

A third CD for this duo, AKA ah 3.Turn (and as Manufacturing Consent, and as Cypher with Dado) released under the name Authentik through Nova Tekk's D-Drum. A CD split in Half- first half full on alienated MASSIVE booming relentless industrial techno, second half with freestyle experiments in downtempo electronica. Both halves are doing their job great, I just wish there was a connecting link in the middle, which makes this feel more like an album.

The first half offers as I said amazingly massive techno trax, with lagrer than life sounds- starting with the supersonic boomings of The Fifth Color, proceeding to fast scratchy Solid (T2), industrial sawing percussions flying all around on a bed of mechanic solid baseline. A 10 (T3) continues with the rebellion of the ducks!!! The duck leader calls all ducks worldwide to his flock- "enough with duck-eating-humans!!!"- Emancipation to the psyducks!!!, then we continue to a land of machines with Metaldust (T4)- the name just says it all. Come dance with us between the flying metal chips in the belly of the big machine. Hambourg Fever (T5) is just what I would imagine being played in a dark hambourg club in a wintery cold night. Airline (T6) sums the technoish side of things in a dark distorted swishing groovy track.
Now I'm not a big Techno lover, and I'm way pass my industrial era, but this is just good stuff, sure success on the floor (in the right place and time of course), and the most enjoyable ingredient is the amazing sound that just shows how important sound work is. The sounds here just make most of the work driving you through the mechanic repetitive simple stories. I hereby announce Authentik as the new kings of massive kicks!
Then comes the too sudden break to another world altogether- the guys are freestlyling in electroland with a lot of imagination, humor and musical talent. Starting with the groovy funky latino-spaniard Marakas (T7), the dubby broken-beat Preamplified Dub (T8 ), the funky happy bouncy, very operatic and dramatic Operatik (T9), The horny dubby Horning (T10)- cute, but my least favorite of this part, and finishing with the cool first ever Jewish Hasidic electrogroovyjazzy tune- Air.
This second part is a real joy.

[B][U]Bottom Line:[/B][/U] Highly recommended for people looking for a different angle- you can get at least two completely different ones here. [B][U]Favorites:[/B][/U] 1(!), 2-4, 7(!), 8, 9, 11(!).

___HuJaBoY
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  13
Posted : Jun 1, 2001 18:37:29
Great cd. love it , go get it!!!![u][/u][i][/i]
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Authentik- Preamplified (D.Drum, Feb. 2001)

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance